“Overrated?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Keke's Breakfast Cafe

Keke's Breakfast Cafe
4192 Conroy Rd, Orlando, FL 32839-6416 (Millenia)
407-226-1400
Neighborhood: Millenia
Setauket, New York
“Overrated?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

There are several of these dotted around the Orlando area. They are something of an institution with a hipster vibe. But we found the food pretty ordinary, the service average, the prices high(ish) and the décor bland(ish). Overall, it's fine but a little underwhelming...

Visited May 2013

Central Florida, United States
“Worth the wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

It was suggested to go very early to miss the long lines but it wasn't possible. My party of two waited about 15minutes but I noticed there was a party of about 8 that was there before us and didn't get seated until at least 25minutes after us. Be aware of the wait before hand and plan accordingly.
However, the food and service was great! This was my first visit, not my friends. I ordered the Bacon, Tomato, Cheddar Panini with Sweet Potato Fries. It was so good. Next time I'm interested in the Raspberry Stuffed French Toast. And I must say-the water didn't taste like restaurant faucet water. I don't know that they use bottle or filtered water but I was pleasantly surprised by the taste (or lack of because you know restaurants usually serve gross tasting water).
Kudos Keke!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Flavorful with Large Portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I recommend the Create Your Own Combo meal. It is a great value. Delicious Florida Style Pancakes. If you aren't a big eater, like me, I suggest only getting 1 pancake. There was enough fruit on it to feed an entire family. Fine with me; I'm a fruit lover. In addition to the pancake, I chose bacon, and eggs. If you're in the Orlando area, I recommend the location near Millenia Mall.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Cant believe its so bad yet so busy?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Eggs are hard, potatoes cold n the wait is long once inside. People wait for hours for this place..no idea why though. Go to 7eleven for a frozen breakfast burrito of better quality than this charade of a restaurant serves Tried it 3x to make sure and yes its a duck...

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Over Priced for Over Done”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Everybody had been talking about Keke's for breakfast . . so I decided to try it. Sticker Shock was the first thing that came to mind ! ! A 3 meat omelet was $10. As with every restaurant in Orlando the waitress was overly perky and squeaky. The coffee was weak - bland - tasteless, probably a foreboding sign.
I got the 3 meat omelet with ham, bacon and sausage (kill me I'm a traditionalist). It came with home fries and wheat toast.
The first thing I noticed was that the home fries were swimming in oil - I don't mean just a little! There was more oil than a muscled showoff at the beach ! ! Sitting beside the oil well was a long strip of folded brown (read over cooked) eggs. When I ordered sausage I never expected Italian sausage in an omelet. Brown eggs mean over cooked and dry - exactly what they were.
The toast was edible and the jelly was Smuckers (needed to say something good).
When the check came there was actually recommendations for a gratuity! ! ! !
Honestly, Ms Perky did check a few times - I lied and said yes . . .
Next time I'm going to Denny's (I'm old and get a discount and the coffee is way better)
BTW - I read the other reviews and wish I had gone when they did