“Unique setting for a Disney resort.” 4 of 5 stars

(407) WDW-DINE
Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 3,118 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: African
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Sanaa serves African cuisine with Indian flavors for lunch and dinner at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas — Kidani Village in Walt Disney World Resort.Sanaa means ""artwork"" in Swahili, and as its name suggests, Sanaa offers its Guests beautifully prepared food, served in an artistic atmosphere with a stunning view of the savanna.Before dinner, relax in the comfortable lounge beside the spacious dining room. Once you're seated, choose from an array of delectable, African-inspired dishes.
“Unique setting for a Disney resort.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Good dining experience for a family. Must try the bread & dips. Try to get a table by window for view of animals.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, ON
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We loved every minute of our experience here. It was a last minute addition to our trip as we had to cancel another reservation. Both my sister and I had the Curry, where you could choose two different curries and have it accompanied with rice or a pilaf. This was followed by a delicious dessert. I had the dessert trio, which had three samplers all of which were delicious. My sister had the banana kulfi sundae, which is also just as delicious.
Overall, a great experience and I know we will be back in the future

Visited August 2012
Kitchener, Canada
“LOVED IT!! Such a beautiful restaurant with amazing food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My family of four enjoyed this restaurant immensely. Upon arriving at Sanaa, we were warmly welcomed and taken to our seat right away. The one side of the restaurant was all windows looking out onto the Sunset Savannah at Disney's Kidani Village, Animal Kingdom Resort. There were a lot of animals to see while we waited for our waitress. We saw a good variety of animals from zebras to giraffes to ostriches and other birds.

The atmosphere is beautiful. I think it is one of the prettiest restaurants on all of Disney property. There are so many small details like the hanging lights. Some are woven baskets, some are beaded and then some are somewhat Arab looking. There is also an elaborate tree cut out on the ceiling. The tables and chairs are substantial and heavy carved wood. It all adds to the ambience. There is also a bar/lounge area that is darker blue in colour and very welcoming and thematic.

It is African infused Indian cuisine. We've tried Boma the African restaurant at Animal Kingdom and I thought it was OK. We love Indian food so we thought we'd try this restaurant and boy am I glad we did! The food was amazing -- flavourful and delicious! We started with the bread and accompaniments. The naan bread is delicious. We had the red pepper hummus, mango chutney and the cilantro based dip. My picky daughter especially loved the red pepper hummus and the bread and dip was gone in minutes. We also had the samosas. They were very flavourful. For dinner, my husband and I ordered the butter chicken and Durban chicken. The Durban chicken was a little spicy, but it was so delicious as was the butter chicken. We love curry and very flavourful food and we were not disappointed by any of our choices. My son had the fish of the day and said it was very good and my daughter ordered the chicken pot pie. She liked it, although she said she preferred a traditional pot pie.

This has become one of my must-dos! We will definitely be returning to this restaurant and will be recommending it to all our friends!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stafford, Virginia
“Fantastic Naan and 9 different accompaniments!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

A trip to Sanaa just to try the Indian style bread service - naan and the accompaniments would be time well spent; sweet, mild to spicy to satisfy anyone. Spend the extra $3 to get all 9 samples... you won't be disappointed. My wife had the NY strip, mildly spiced and I had the slow cooked in gravy chicken and beef. Both dishes were served with 5-grain rice. To be truthful, my wife and I would have been perfectly happy with just the bread service and desert!! The Banana Kulfi Sundae - recommended by the staff - and the chocolate cake were a nice complement to a spicy main course.

Since this was our first stay at Kadani Village at Animal Kingdom Lodge, we were not aware we could have asked for seating with views of the savannah. There were several empty tables, but our cast member seated us in the middle of the dining room.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ocean, NJ
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I didn't even know this place existed until a waitress at another lovely restaurant told us to try it. It was great. Located near the Animal Kingdom, it has a variety of Indian food. Especially good for vegetarians. Food was delicious and you can observe some of the tamer animals while waiting for your table. The service was good as well.

Visited May 2013