“Fantastic Naan and 9 different accompaniments!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 3,086 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Indian, African
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Doing business, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sanaa serves African cuisine with Indian flavors for lunch and dinner at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas — Kidani Village in Walt Disney World Resort.Sanaa means ""artwork"" in Swahili, and as its name suggests, Sanaa offers its Guests beautifully prepared food, served in an artistic atmosphere with a stunning view of the savanna.Before dinner, relax in the comfortable lounge beside the spacious dining room. Once you're seated, choose from an array of delectable, African-inspired dishes.
Stafford, Virginia
“Fantastic Naan and 9 different accompaniments!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

A trip to Sanaa just to try the Indian style bread service - naan and the accompaniments would be time well spent; sweet, mild to spicy to satisfy anyone. Spend the extra $3 to get all 9 samples... you won't be disappointed. My wife had the NY strip, mildly spiced and I had the slow cooked in gravy chicken and beef. Both dishes were served with 5-grain rice. To be truthful, my wife and I would have been perfectly happy with just the bread service and desert!! The Banana Kulfi Sundae - recommended by the staff - and the chocolate cake were a nice complement to a spicy main course.

Since this was our first stay at Kadani Village at Animal Kingdom Lodge, we were not aware we could have asked for seating with views of the savannah. There were several empty tables, but our cast member seated us in the middle of the dining room.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ocean, NJ
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I didn't even know this place existed until a waitress at another lovely restaurant told us to try it. It was great. Located near the Animal Kingdom, it has a variety of Indian food. Especially good for vegetarians. Food was delicious and you can observe some of the tamer animals while waiting for your table. The service was good as well.

Visited May 2013
“Amazing! Must try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

This is African infused Indian cuisine. It's amazing. The atmosphere is the best in Disney for sure! Views of the savannah. Watch giraffes walk by while your eating.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“DISAPOINTED!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I want to explain why I have given such a poor rating... even though I enjoyed the food and most of the service...

Maybe it’s because I have travelled and ate in alot of different countries or maybe it’s because I have high expectations after reading the glowing reviews on here, but this restaurant does not offer anything different than something I could find back home in Aberdeen (and that’s saying a lot). I thought with all the wonderful vibrant staff from that region of the world they would have come up with something spectacular. It was such a bland menu. They must be trying to cater for American tastes because there was definitely nothing exciting about the food.

Pros
• It’s a beautiful setting, and the decorations were fab
• The food was cooked well and tasted good
• You can learn a lot about different cultures and parts of Africa just by talking to the staff

Cons
• Bland, bland, bland menu.
• Disney AGAIN “lost” our reservation (and it wasn’t me who booked it but another family member so it’s not just me going crazy lol) and they made up for it by offering us food we didn’t even want to eat, go figure????
• Nice to be within the AKL so didn’t have far to walk to get dinner

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Unique foods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The restaurant is unique. Food is great. Different style than many other disney restaurants. We enjoyed our visit to this restaurant.

Visited April 2013