I had to have work done in my home due to a broken pipe so I needed a place to stay for my mother while they worked on her room. Insurance had paid the cost, so I chose my favorite chain, Choice Hotels. I was going to pick another Comfort Suites but I am glad I changed plans cause I found out that the one I originally planned on was quite noisy from families visiting Disney and Old Town. This one was quiet at night.
This is a newer hotel, and meant for one night, most 2. My insurance was paying for 7 days but I only needed 4-5 days. This hotel was mainly meant for the most 2 nights for vacationers waiting on a flight or cruise.
Like other reviewers, I agree, the restaurant options suck if you don't have a car. Wafflehouse in walking distance and a there is Racetrack gas station with convenience store with it in case you want to get snacks, variety of drinks, which the store was clean and not bad on options. Plus there is an option of delivery. The hotel had a delivery company in their book on a desk in the room, plus calling for pizza is an option. But if a car IS an option there are places to eat within 5 miles of the hotel. As you go towards Florida Mall, there's Wendy's, Mickey D's, Burger King. The Mall has surrounding it places like Chili's Outback, Carrabba's, then there is the food court in the Mall which has 5 guys, DQ, Taco Bell, and regional. The lobby area of the hotel is great when delivery, the hotel keeps the dining area stocked at all times with disposable utensils, plates, cups.
Since I needed a handicap room, it was spacious as expected. Railing at toilet area, luckily for mom. Rails in tub. No seat tho, which I wish it had for mom. Plenty of towels, comfortable bed, and lucky for me, same cable channels as home.
I enjoyed the breakfast. Esp. the lady in charge 4 out of 5 days were were there. She was from Czech Republic, now living in the states, and she catered to my mother every morning I brought her downstairs for coffee.
I only have 3 cons that bother me. I do not know how they freshen the pillows but the first night, all I smelled was what seemed like "perm" smell. I asked for a change of pillows. Since I was close to home )About 10 miles, give or take) I went and got my own pillow and since I had a neutralizer spray, I did a good spritz, which helped since I couldn't get that smell out of my nose from the first night.
The other thing is that even the the bed was huge and comfortable, my mother couldn't get into it. There were no step stool available to get in or out, so I had to improvise, and took a table at the right height to push herself on to the bed.
The last night I was there, the wireless thermostat broke, but the maintenance man showed me how to adjust the A.C.
Tho it was a great idea that, for security purposes, no delivery person allowed inside, (I had to come down to just outside the main door in lobby to pick up my delivery), someone was still able to pass to pass flyers of the place under hotel doors. Restaurants should be allowed to leave their flyers in the lobby, since the lack of restaurants in the area.
Overall, my experience with this hotel ws good, with just some pet peeves of mine
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Orlando Airport Hotel Orlando
- Comfort Suites Orlando Airport Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guest Rooms: 95 non-smoking suites containing: 32" flat screen televisions with extended cable and HBO, desk, microwave, refrigerator, iron & ironing board, clock radio, sitting area with lounge chair and sleeper sofa. Safes & desktop computers now in every room at additional charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Comfort Suites Orlando Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.