Stayed here over the third week in April 2013 with my three kids (ages 12,12, and 17). We are DVC members, and this was our first stay in Bay Lake Tower. Really liked the location, a quick walk to the lobby of the Contemporary and the monorail. We also walked to the main entrance of the Magic Kingdom which is about 5-10 minutes away. As pointed out in other reviews, BLT has no restaurants (other than food service by the pool or snacks in the rooftop bar) but the Contemporary is really quick wiith access from the bridge on the 5th floor. We were lucky enough to have a room on the 5th floor and didn't have to wait for elevators to get to the Contemporary. The elevators were a major problem and broke several times during our stay, with sometimes only 1 of 3 elevators functioning in the elevator bank.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with a view of the lake. The room was very spacious with 3 full bathrooms. I was shocked, however, by the cheap feeling of the furniture, with some of the sofa cushions badly stained and many chips in the already cheap looking furniture. In addition, some of the carpeting was fraying in the hallways. The oven in the kitchen was on a funny tilt as well. This was very surprising in a property that is less than 3 years old, and not up to the standards of other DVC properties that we have stayed in.
The customer service was excellent, with lots of "welcome homes." Enjoyed the marina adjacent to the BLT/Contemporary and rented runabout boats one day.
Very nice pool, with kids activities. Sometimes hard to find a lounge with the typical "towel on chair reservation" being done. Nice bar, too. Make sure you buy the refillable mugs good for unlimited soda during your stay.
Aside from the lousy furniture and soft goods, we were very pleased and would stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney`s Contemporary Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort—balances a modern and luxurious experience with warm and innovative features and delivers some of the most dramatic views available anywhere at Walt Disney World Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Fareportal , Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.