“Nice Stay @ Bay Lake Tower” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort

Save Saved
You added Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort to your Saves list
Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4600 North World Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #33 of 328 hotels in Orlando
New York
“Nice Stay @ Bay Lake Tower”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We celebrated our daughter's 16th birthday with a trip to Disney this past August. We decided this was going to be a splurge. There were 7 of us in the group which included my husband, three daughters (20, 18 & 16) plus another 20 year old and another 16 year old. We rented a 2 bedroom villa through a Disney Vacation Club owner so we saved a considerable amount of money booking this way instead of directly through Disney. The resort was lovely. The rooms were well appointed, spacious and immaculate. The beds were very comfortable and everyone was very comfortable. We had a lake view which was also very nice. The best part was being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom (a brisk 8 minute walk). There were a few negatives that I would like to mention. First, if you plan to use the DIsney bus system, be aware that you will be leaving from the Contemporary resort next door. It's not a far walk but you are sharing a bus with that resort . I thought the wait times could have been better, especially when going back to the hotel. It seemed like there were ample buses passing for other resorts but very few going to the Bay Lake/Contemporary. Second, the pool at Bay Lake was very noisy. There were always two different sources of music being piped into the lounging area which to me was very annoying. We opted to walk over to the Contemporary pool which was more spread out. It was easier to find a quiet spot to relax there. My last complaint about Bay Lake is the monorail ride to Epcot. When you hear that Bay Lake is a monorail resort, keep in mind that you must change monorails at the Ticket center and this ends up being very time consuming. In the future I would plan to drive to Epcot. For this trip we opted not to rent a car which for the most part was fine because we usually were not in a rush to get to Epcot. All in all, we had a magical trip which is what we set out to do. Bay Lake is a lovely resort and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

946 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at the Bay Lake tower, for my first trip with my family ever. Everything I read made me think this was going to be special. How wrong I was- it was an average experience. I had a big room, a two room suite. Its my own fault that I agreed to pay nearly 1000 a night for this experience- this was no more than a 200 room anywhere. I agree with what everyone said about the lack of concern of the staff- we asked to have the sheets changed and they seem "surprised"- there is a sign that says they only offer a towel cleaning service and if we want more we should be prepared to pay "extra"- 1000 a night isnt enough??? And this was without breakfast, without any other amenities.

Pros- I agree that the transportation at this hotel is good, and magical express is worth something.

Con- I have ALWAYS arrived early at a hotel and expect to check in when I arrive, or shortly thereafter. Contemporary says 4pm-- and it MEANS 4pm, not one minute sooner. Well, if you plan on going to Disney on day 1, you better be prepared to GO-- your luggage wont come for hours on magical express-- and you wont have any conveniences with you. If you came off a long plane trip, too bad for you. And when you check out--11am means 11am, no extensions, no consideration. I didnt check in until 9pm, so I feel I got cheated out of a day-- and at the end of the day, when I evaluate how little I used the room, it was clearly a rip off. My own fault. I needed to think this out better. But I wont do it again.

Disney definitely knows how to squeeze ever dollar from you.

Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Bay Lake is a phenomenal place to stay. You can walk to the Magic Kingdom, or take a monorail to the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Magic Kingdom. The view is awesome from all sides. We faced Bay Lake and were able to watch the water pageant from the room. We went up to the roof and watched the fireworks, the music is piped in up there. It was great! We ate at Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary and it was excellent.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My family of four stayed at the Bay Towers on June 15-18, 2012. We wanted to stay on Disney property because of the convenience to the different parks. Our room had a separate master king size bedroom, a queen bed, and a pull out chair that made into a twin bed, kitchen, eating area, washer and dryer, and two full baths. We also wanted to be close to Magic Kingdom. The property is immaculate and the staff is very eager to please. Pool was clean and plenty of chairs for everyone. We could watch the fireworks from our living room each night. We have stayed on Disney property before (Wilderness Lodge), but the Bay Tower is by far the best. It is walking distance to Magic Kingdom. After Magic Kingdom closed the monorail was packed with people so we walked back to the room in less than 20 min. Sometimes paying extra for convenience is worth every penny. Loved the vacation and would recommend this resort to people who prefer a small condo rather than a small hotel room, want to ride the monorail to the different parks, want to spend a few days at Magic Kingdom, and don't mind spending a little extra for convenience.

Room Tip: We did not spend extra for a premium room. Our room face the parking lot, but we got to see the fir...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

In June 2011, We stayed at Bay Lake Tower for a week with our daughter and her family. Everything about this accommodation worked for us as a family. It was definitely the money. We walked to the Enchanted Kingdom first thing in the morning and enjoyed the first hours with hardly any lines or waiting. Both of the bedrooms were five-star; we took the king bed with the jacuzzi and the "kids" took the two queen beds with full bath. Our daughter had a bathroom of her own in the hallway. [2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms] Then there was a washer and dryer for clothes maintenance as well as a balcony to view the light show at night on the lake. The pool with water slides just outside.

My husband and I were skeptical about the "dream" business before we went; but, Disney lived up to their reputation. The trip was not free of "bumps", but Disney customer service was impeccable - their employees know how to make things right. We had the most stress-free, fun time...the best memories!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Delaware, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed at BayLake June 2011 with 3 grandchildren and revisited this past week with the last grandchild. As always, convenient to everything-kept spotless-great customer service-Pool area just perfect for adults & kids. We enjoy that we can watch the fireworks and water parade on the decks and then go to our suite, where it is quiet and peaceful. Monorail is very convenient from there and so is the bus service. Have stayed on the first and fourteenth floors and enjoyed each for a different reason. We are not DVC members so we haven't enjoyed the restaurant or top floor there. We tried many different attractions this time and enjoyed as much as last time. The Wave at the Contemporary is a very nice restaurant where children feel comfortable. All four of our grandchildren enjoyed the attention they were given.

Room Tip: As stated had a one bedroom on first floor - great for 3 children-so near the elevators and pool. Tw...
Guelph Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This Resort is well worth the money! There are three choices of views at this resort. Standard view, Bay Lake View and Magic Kingdom Park View. We stayed at the park side view and it was great! The room, a studio, had everything you could want. Kitchenette with Toaster, Micro wave, fridge and all your dishes and utensils. The room was large with a big dresser, Table and Chairs, pull out couch and King size bed. Bed was hugely comfortable! We were on the 12th floor and had a balcony overlooking the Magic Kingdom with table and chairs. We sat out at night and watched the fireworks while listening to the accompanying music and vocals on the TV. This is a typical Disney Resort with everything emaculate. Bathroom was a real treat. Checking in and out was a breeze and the 'Cast' are great at what they do. Nothing is left to chance with the disney cast who are well trained and fantastic people, all ready to assist you in any way.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a Park side view unless you want to watch the fireworks at 9 pm. If you are...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort? Share your experiences!