“Very disapointed about coming here” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 20% Now!
Ranked #219 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
orlando
“Very disapointed about coming here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

It is a good thing i live in the area because I would be very upset if I traveled a long distance for this resort. The place was not very clean at all i was kind of disgusted by its appearance. And the pool!!!! was disgusting it was about 90 degrees outside and they heat the pool to about 88 degrees what a waste. I felt like i was swimming in urine and it was not refreshing at all. The rooms were very dirty also, the carpet, walls, tiles etc......

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (858)
  • Korean first
massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

We were at the hotel in the low season when there were not alot of guests. I could imagine that when the hotel is busy, it could be a little noisy. We found the room to be clean and really didn't have any complaints with the room at all. We were in a room with a kitchenette and wished that they had 2 room rooms with a full kitchen. The kids loved the pool and actually wanted to stay at the hotel instead of going to the Disney attractions. The only complaint that I had was the Character breakfast was not really worth the money. The kids absolutely loved it, but the food was not worth the money. The other alternate breakfast buffet in general wasn't really worth the money for the quality of the food that you got. I would have liked more options for breakfast in the hotel. The shows were great and my kids were treated like kings. They loved the pools and water slides. I found the staff to all be friendly, including the pizza delivery guy I met in the elevator who asked me how our vacation was so far. We have been on cruises in the past and felt that the staff were as attentive as they are on cruise lines. The lifeguards at the water slide even knew my son's name. They would call him by name and say hello when he would go by them. I thought that was great. We will definitely go back again. That is all that my kids talk about.

Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

This place is amazing! Staff member were always very helpful. My three year old loved the pools and the smaller water slide. All of our experience were GREAT. Our one bedroom with a full kitchen was great and clean.The only problem was the king bed was rock hard,but after being in the sun all day, and chasing my three year old around. It wasn't hard to get to sleep quick.We are locals and we will back next year.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

I stayed at the Nick Hotel for 5 days with my two children, a boy and girl, 8 and 6 respectively. They are big Spongebob and Patrick fans and enjoy some of the other Nickelodeon shows. Previously we have stayed at Disney World but the Nick characters are more popular with my kids right now and we were a little tired of the big amusement parks and just wanted some sun and water.

We were very satisfied with our stay at the Nickelodeon suites. The lagoon pool and water slides were hours of fun for the kids. The Spongebob wall and bunkbeds in the room and the characters at events really added something extra for them than a standard hotel. Sure the character breakfast is expensive for a breakfast buffet but are you really there for a great meal or to make the kids happy having them spend some time with chracters they enjoy? The daily sliming and games at the pool were a good break in the day also. The kids couldn't have been happier anywhere else.

Keep in mind though, that this is a "family" hotel and not a five star boutique. It lacks the high end element that say a couple without children would like to get in a hotel room. If you have reasonable expectations though I think you'll find that it's a good hotel with a great theme for kids, some good kid activities and a great pool and water slide.

It's very close to Disney if you wish to do some days there also. We also drove to the coast one day for a day at the beach. So for families with children, especially who enjoy some of the Nickelodeon shows the Nick hotel is a great place to stay on an Orlando trip.

Johns Creek, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

We surprised our children with three nights here over spring break. I got an amazing price by calling the hotel directly and also had the resort fee of 25 per night waived and got an awesome coupon book for Florida residents. (with tax it was 113 total per night) The room is perfect for families. There is a family room with a sleeper sofa, tv, micro, fridge, and sink. They even supply paper towels. The bathroom was clean and nice. There were large shelves in the bathroom for all of our stuff, including a high one we could but our med. bag on. The master bedroom had a king bed, dresser, and tv. The children's room had bunk beds and a tv, along with built in shelves and drawers. There was also a curtain as their door instead of a real door. You could tell thought went into making it safe for the kids (no dressers to climb, etc...) The bunk beds also had speakers in them for the tv so they could have it at a very low volume but could still be heard in the beds. Everything in the room was clean. The blankets weren't very cozy, but no big deal. The pools were great, but they do get very very very crowded. When we were there the hotel had no vacancies and you could tell. There are two pool areas. At the smaller one all children under 48 inches had to wear life vests and they seemed to have enough. At the larger pool they did run out of life vests and we had to wait for someone to turn some in. Also, all slides have a requirement of 40 inches and it is enforced by lifeguards. There were playgrounds and smaller slide/water areas for younger children. The food was decent and free for kids 5 and under (we had a 3, 5, and 7 with us) so meals were very affordable for us. The 4 d movies were great, but scared the older two. A lot of the activities do cost (like the arts and crafts, 4-d movies, hair braiding, etc...) but there is so much to do you can get away with only picking one or two items that charge. We spent two days at Sea World and one day at the hotel all day. The bus transportation was great, free, and ran on time. My kids cried the first twenty mins of the ride home they were so upset we were leaving. If you don't like being around groups of kids this place is not for you. If you are going b/c you want to have a great time with your family nothing can beat it. I love to watch my kids have fun, be surprised, and excited and this was well worth it! Even though there are so many people around though the hotel room was super quiet. We were on a middle floor yet never heard anyone above us and rarely heard people outside, they are nicely insulated.

DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

Room was huge with main bedroom and kids room. This setup ideal for teenagers to get own bed. Service was great and the food court was convinent. The breakfast buffet was good, you can pay for one person fill up your trayand bring it back to room while family is getting ready. Plent of fresh fruit, pastries, bagels. The dinner buffet was ok but not ealy worth the cost, service sucked at dinner.
The pool was dirty plenty of floating objects and very overcrowded.
Still worth staying without visiting pool!

Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

My family typically stays at timeshares when we vacation, specifically Marriott's whenever possible. During this particular trip, we stayed at Mariotts Grand Vista for 5 days and four nights. Since we did not want to leave Orlando after only four days, we decided to extend our stay for an additional 3 days. My son (age 8) had always asked me when we would stay at "Nick Hotel" - my response had always been never, due to our timeshare committments. In any case, my husband and I decided to surprise my son with his dream of a stay at Nick Hotel. This part of our "plan" was wildly sucessful. When we pulled up to the hotel, my son was thrilled and he remained thrilled throughout the stay. He loved his room, the pools, the mall and the 3D shows there. I am not sorry that we went, because he loved it, but we will never go there again. The rooms were filthy - our kitchenette consisted of a microwave and a small refrigerator which, when we pull out the bottom drawer, was filled with sour chunky milk. None of the buttons on the phone worked and the bottom of the kitchenette area was cracked and rotten. The king bed was as hard as a rock. I was temped to sleep in one of the bunk beds because they seemed much more comfortable. Enough of the room.... I read some of the other reviews and the elevator did smell. Around the pool area the flooring was "bubbling up" in very many areas which was a tripping hazard. One of the steps in the pool in the lagoon area was broken and there was no tape or warning signs. When all of these issues were brought to the attention of the staff their reaction was either a shrug or a yes we know, but what can you do about it. When these problems were brought to the attention of managment, the step was fixed, but the room problems and the other pool problems were not - nor did we get a sense that they would get fixed. To have gone from a 5 star Marriot Vacation resort to this was difficult, however we had to keep reminding ourselves that we did this for our son who did love it. As long as WE were on the lookout for the various dangers that place posed, then I suppose it was worth it for him. We will never go back, which is sad because this could be such a great place for kids if the ownership would just maintain it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Nickelodeon Suites Resort? Share your experiences!