We stayed with our 4 kids ages 7 (twins), 3, and 19 months. The day we arrived it was pouring rain and I called to see if we arrived early if we could use the facilities and we were told we could. We arrived about a half hour later at the hotel and checked in which was a relief since it was raining. We did get a themed room on the first floor that was available for no extra charge. The rooms are on the small side but they do have an extra sink, fridge, and microwave. There was a bunk bed and pull-out couch for 3 kids and we requested a crib and they brought it immediately followed by a phone call to make sure we received it. We ordered pizza which was ok. The toppings kept sliding off the crust. We then went to the 4D shows and they were really good. We tried to get reservations at the Double Dare show but it was already booked for the night but were told to arrive in stand-by line to get in. We were told the pool was heated so we went to go to the mass sliming. The pool was cold and the slides were freezing. The mass sliming was fun and the kids enjoyed that but went straight to the hot tub after. We had Subway for dinner and the ladies were very patient while we ordered 5 sandwiches. I got in line for the Double Dare show while the rest of my family went to another 4D show. The Double Dare show was awesome! The next morning we went to the Character breakfast which was fun for the kids. The food looked better than it tasted.
Overall it was an average place. The rooms were small and I would never stay for more than one or 2 nights with a larger family. The pool area was faded and paint was peeling. There are lifeguards on duty which is always nice. The shows (4D and Double Dare) are a must-see. The Characters are available for pics and autographs. The Character breakfast was a cute little show and plenty of opportunities for pics but food didn't knock our socks off but there was a huge variety.
I don't usually write negative reviews but unless this place updates I doubt we will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join SpongeBob SquarePants,Dora the Explorer and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on a family adventure to Nickelodeon Suites Resort in Orlando, Florida. This high-energy resort, set on 24 beautiful acres in Orlando’s theme park district, is the ultimate kid’s destination—where the whole family plays. From basketball to mini golf and water parks to a mass SLIMING, families will always find activities under the sun at Nickelodeon Suites Resort. And inside, stop by the Mall to meet Nickelodeon characters or visit Studio Nick for nightly live shows like Double Dare LIVE! These activities and more are included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Nickelodeon Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nickelodeon Family Hotel Nick
- Nickelodeon Family Resort Nick
- Nickelodeon Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Nick Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn