We stayed at Nick hotel Oct 2013. My 3yr old had a blast. Check in took maybe 10mins. Nilsa at the front desk was great. There were two of us in the check in line. I arrived about 2hrs early so our room wasnt ready but I received a "ready" call within 15-20mins. I reserved a one bedroom unit. Guys, it was small but clean. Silverware and dinnerware were there but minimal. Bring your own if you can. Bring your own dish soap, dish towels, knives, etc. Bathroom was clean except for a mold area on outside bottom corner of the tub. I always do a thorough cleaning with bleach anyway, so I cleaned that right away. The drain for the tub seemed to be a bit clogged. It filled quickly with water and took a long while to drain. So we took quick showers! We didn't bother calling for that. Housekeeping was friendly and prompt. I didn't want my room cleaned one day and she insisted that I take more towels, coffee, etc.
I liked the outer appearance of the resort. It was bright and kid friendly. The hotel is old and it looks it. Its more of a 2 1/2-3 star place. I overheard other guests saying it looks more 'run down' than they remembered 3 to 5 years ago. The elevators are slowwww! We used stairwells a few times and some smelled of urine. Not fault of resort but dirty guests. But maybe resort should consider giving stairwells a good cleaning.
The mall area was just ok. It had shopping area, Subway, Starbucks, Pizza place, a bar, couple dine in restaurants, seating areas, arcade, 4D movie theatre and Studio Nick. We spent most of our time in the arcade, 4D movies and the pool. The hotel looked like it was at 1/4 capacity, maybe 200 guests and thats pushing it. So it was far from crowded. We met all the characters as many times as we wanted. The shows at Studio Nick were good too and not crowded. Story time with Dora was great. They really try to get the kids and audience involved. Pool was basically empty. My little one had plenty of space to get slimed. Yes its only green colored water but its fun. We went on Sunday-Friday. I can't imagine being there when its crowded! We stayed at the resort on a discounted rate. I would NEVER pay full (high season) prices for this hotel. The $30+tax@night resort fee ($33) is expensive!
We used the hotel's shuttle bus for Disney. Shuttle was prompt and the drive was short distance to the park, maybe .10mins. Overall our stay was ok. I would go again if the kids ask, but only on a discounted rate. Kids will enjoy it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join SpongeBob SquarePants,Dora the Explorer and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on a family adventure to Nickelodeon Suites Resort in Orlando, Florida. This high-energy resort, set on 24 beautiful acres in Orlando's theme park district, is the ultimate kid's destination-where the whole family plays. From basketball to mini golf and water parks to a mass SLIMING, families will always find activities under the sun at Nickelodeon Suites Resort. And inside, stop by the Mall to meet Nickelodeon characters or visit Studio Nick for live shows like Double Dare LIVE! These activities and more are included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Nickelodeon Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nickelodeon Family Hotel Nick
- Nickelodeon Family Resort Nick
- Nickelodeon Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Nick Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn