“Amazing service from communications dept.'s Maureen Blanchette” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Stay-Play-Save More!
Ranked #216 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Miami, Florida
“Amazing service from communications dept.'s Maureen Blanchette”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Coming back from Halloween Horror Nights at 2:00am, with two exhausted children, we needed pillows and blankets. Maureen Blanchette in communications, was the MOST HELPFUL, cheerful, and eager to please hotel employee I've experienced in years. Not only did she have everything sent up right away...but when she found out that our request to have someone come and open out room Safe Box 8 hours earlier had not been accomplished, she apologizes profusely, and had someone come right up to fix our safe at 2:00 AM. We really needed a good night sleep!....so thank you Maureen for making that happen!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
MNKahramane, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Natalie Z,

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear that Maureen was very helpful to you and your family and was able to assist with all your needs and requests. We are pleased to hear you were pleased with the services provided by her.

Your review was shared with Maureen and her immediate management team and she was very pleased to hear you were very pleased.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any requests you may have to make your stay more enjoyable.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back to the Nickelodeon Suites Resort.

3,106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (787)
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed one night at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort on Oct. 23. Our children are 3 and 5 and love most of the NickJr characters, so we figured this would be a special treat for them. The hotel itself is not incredibly nice, but it was clean enough and our "two bedroom" suite had a cute bunk bed room for the kids with a TV and speakers and a light for each bunk, so they thought that was super cool.
The atmosphere in the lobby while checking in was very negative with two people having complaints and not seeming to be taken care of, and a fairly long wait for me to just be waited on. If they realized how that sets the tone for the overall visit they might work on their "first touch" customer service! The most annoying thing was the lady who we had to speak to reserve our seats for the nightly show. She tried to sell me on a timeshare presentation and was incredibly rude to me when I declined. So watch out for her attitude!!
The waterpark was nice with an area for small kids, a large pool and a fun climbing area. There was even a putt putt golf. One of the pools was closed for the season, I gathered from the irate patron who requested a pool view and was placed in the room facing the closed pool!
The biggest disappointment for us was that there were no opportunities for our kids to have any character experiences since we were only there one night and had to leave before 10 the next morning. Having the schedule of nightly performances and character experiences on their web site would be incredibly helpful to manage expectations!!
All in all, we got a good deal on the room ($69 however that doesn't include a $30 resort fee that's charged once you arrive) so despite a few negatives, we felt it was a fun experience for our little ones.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear RachelSt.Louis,

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased to hear the kids enjoyed their stay and you found our accommodations to be clean and nice. We are happy the kids found their room to meet their expectations, and they enjoyed the water park and the Putt Putt Golf area.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your stay with us, your comments are very important to us and we certainly appreciate you taking the time to share them with us. I have shared them with our management team as well as with the Starwood Management Team to further follow up with the agent in question.

In regards to the 411, the schedule, we have it available on our website; it is located on the first page under “EVENT SCHEDULE”. I am sorry to hear you were not aware of it.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly see that your requests are honored and make sure your stay is more enjoyable.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Wassaic, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed for two days mid-week in October and had a slimming blast. The staff extremely pleasant and helpful. The property was clean, the rooms were immaculate, the pool water warm and relaxing. We found a spot, planted ourselves and the kids went about having a great time. We even enjoyed going on the slides with the kids. We ALL definitely want to go back again.

Dear TrishaL815,

On behalf of all of us here at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear you had a blast with us and the kids had a great time.

We are pleased you found the resort to be clean, the suites to be immaculate and enjoyed our pool and slides with the kids.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any of your request you may have and see that you have an enjoyable stay with us again.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Well we were looking forward to our first day in Orlando being at this hotel....We had great expectations----we were so disappointed!!!! The hotel needs much upkeep and the lady that checked us in was sick...so all I could think was, great I am on vacation for 10 days and now I am going to catch something from her...she keep wiping her nose in her hand....UGH! My children enjoyed the water park...so all was not lost.....the room was well worn, the last occupant had taken ALL the batters from the remotes....the room was just average in cleanness.... the door to our room was hard to open.. as if someone had hit it and it repositioned in the door jam to tightly or out of square.....Now..... would i stay there again? NO, not for the price I paid (175.00 with tax, for 1 night) and the size of the room. Very disappointed with the whole experience of this hotel.......

Room Tip: use your money wisely...stay somewhere else!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Hippowazhere,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. We are delighted to hear your children enjoyed our water park. We hope you had the opportunity to take parts in other activities here at the resort as well.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your stay, we are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations during your visit. We hope you had a chance to reach out to one of our Resort Services Manager to bring your concerns to their attentions, so they might have the opportunity to address them and to make sure they are corrected while you are still with us.

I am sorry to hear your experience was not typical here at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort. I would like to ask you if you would send me a message with the following: Name, check in date and the confirmation number so I can personally follow up on your concerns as well as make sure that it won’t happen again.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly make sure your requests are honored and see that your stay with us will exceed your expectations.

Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward the opportunity to restore your faith.

Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

my daughter and my son had so much fun at this resort that they wanted to stay one more day, however I told them we will come one day.The room was beautiful and the children love their character. The pool was appealing and wonderful and they love their breakfast.

Room Tip: get a room by the big pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Kashmarnauth L,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear we were able to meet your daughter’s and your son’s expectations and they had a lot of fun.

We are excited to hear they had a lot of fund and they even wanted to extend their stay more night, we are sorry to hear you were not able to do so but glad to hear you will be returning soon.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any of your requests and make your stay even more enjoyable.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Prices have gone up in the 3 years since we've been, so you really have to shop for deals. As a mom I LOVE it because my son (age 11) has a fantastic time swimming at the pool and waterslide all day long, eating hot dogs by the pool, playing in the arcade, and seeing the characters. I can sit by the pool and relax. If you go, I recommend that you plan to go at the resort and BE there, not book it as a place to stay while you go to the parks during the day. It's too expensive for that, and other parents have had the same experience I did - my kid didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: Building 6, 7, or 8, to be next to the big slide pool (for older kids), but definitely 1st floor so...
Dear L W,

On behalf of all of us here at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear you and your son had a fantastic time with us: swimming in the pools, enjoying our water slides, and other amenities offered here from Shows, Arcade, 4D theater…

You are right, it we are a destination resort; there is no need to leave anywhere, as we have what our guests need for a family vacation filled with fun.

I hope you signed up on our website to receive future specials and promotions.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly to personally see that your requests are honored and assist you with any questions you may have to make your stay even more enjoyable.

Once again, thank you and look forward the opportunity to serving you soon.

Mkahramane.
Chatham, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My daughter and I stayed in September for 2 nights. First upon arrival they try to get you to go to a timeshare presentation. Then for the 2 nights and 3 days we were there, there was a cigarette butt on the floor outside our room, YUCK !!! It made me question the cleanliness. We had bugs in our bathroom. The rooms are dated and not what I expected. The character breakfast wasn't anything spectacular and the chef had an attitude. At least the other staff were nice

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear teri a,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your stay with us, we are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. I hope you had a chance while here to reach out to one of our Resort Services Managers to further assist you in making your stay more enjoyable.

I am disappointed by the lack of cleanliness during your stay as we pride ourselves on our cleanliness. Certainly your experience is not typical here at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort.

Your comments were shared with our management team to further follow up with their respective areas.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with your booking and any requests you may have to make your stay more enjoyable as well as have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Once again, thank you and we look forward the opportunity to restore your faith.

Mkahramane

Been to Nickelodeon Suites Resort? Share your experiences!