We stayed one night at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort on Oct. 23. Our children are 3 and 5 and love most of the NickJr characters, so we figured this would be a special treat for them. The hotel itself is not incredibly nice, but it was clean enough and our "two bedroom" suite had a cute bunk bed room for the kids with a TV and speakers and a light for each bunk, so they thought that was super cool.
The atmosphere in the lobby while checking in was very negative with two people having complaints and not seeming to be taken care of, and a fairly long wait for me to just be waited on. If they realized how that sets the tone for the overall visit they might work on their "first touch" customer service! The most annoying thing was the lady who we had to speak to reserve our seats for the nightly show. She tried to sell me on a timeshare presentation and was incredibly rude to me when I declined. So watch out for her attitude!!
The waterpark was nice with an area for small kids, a large pool and a fun climbing area. There was even a putt putt golf. One of the pools was closed for the season, I gathered from the irate patron who requested a pool view and was placed in the room facing the closed pool!
The biggest disappointment for us was that there were no opportunities for our kids to have any character experiences since we were only there one night and had to leave before 10 the next morning. Having the schedule of nightly performances and character experiences on their web site would be incredibly helpful to manage expectations!!
All in all, we got a good deal on the room ($69 however that doesn't include a $30 resort fee that's charged once you arrive) so despite a few negatives, we felt it was a fun experience for our little ones.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join SpongeBob SquarePants,Dora the Explorer and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on a family adventure to Nickelodeon Suites Resort in Orlando, Florida. This high-energy resort, set on 24 beautiful acres in Orlando's theme park district, is the ultimate kid's destination-where the whole family plays. From basketball to mini golf and water parks to a mass SLIMING, families will always find activities under the sun at Nickelodeon Suites Resort. And inside, stop by the Mall to meet Nickelodeon characters or visit Studio Nick for live shows like Double Dare LIVE! These activities and more are included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Nickelodeon Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nickelodeon Family Hotel Nick
- Nickelodeon Family Resort Nick
- Nickelodeon Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Nick Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn