“GREAT GETAWAY” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #216 of 327 hotels in Orlando
Bronx, New York
“GREAT GETAWAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel was great, My 2 kids & I had a blast. Clean & comfortable, friendly staff, lots to do. The waterpark & pools were a lot of fun! The check-in/out went smoothly. I don't drive, so I love the fact eveything I needed for my stay was right there, if I didn't want to leave the grounds, I didn't have to. There were complimentary shuttle buses to all the Disney attraction, including Downtown Disney, which I totally took advantage of. LOVE THIS PLACE & CAN'T TO VISIT AGAIN!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear LadeeM5,

We would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear we meet your expectations and you had great time.

We are pleased to hear you were happy with our team and their services.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any of your requests and plans.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back to the Nickelodeon Suites Resort.

3,136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (797)
  • Korean first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

First thing, the hotel needs majoring updating. Rooms are dirty, outdated, and during our stay we had no staff coming to empty our garbage or clean our room. The staff are rude and hang up on you if you have a complaint. They trick you and say they can give you a discount on Disney tickets and then sign you up without knowing for a 2 hour meeting to get you to buy timeshares while your kids have to sit that whole time and listen to. After that hell, they made us wait over an hour for a bus ride back to the nick hotel. All because nick staff lied to us into that whole timeshare meeting. Plz do yourself a favor and don't bother staying here. Disney is far more clean, updated rooms, and respectful staff.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Mh6608,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations and your suite was not cleaned, as the only time our suite attendants would not enter the suite if there is a Do Not Disturb Sign on the door or the guest requests no service during their stay.

It looks like you had some concerns about your experience with the Starwood Presentations, I hope you had the time to express your concerns to their management at the time or advised one of our Resort Services Management team so they could have one of their management team contact you and personally follow up with you.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further question or concern.

Davie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

It's a bit pricey, but worth it for the experience. It would not be my hotel of choice while vacationing in Orlando, but I can certainly see myself staying here once every year or two to enjoy the property with the kids. If you are doing heavy Disney/Universal visits, you probably will not enjoy everything they have to offer here, so I would only use this hotel when you plan to really enjoy it.

Take the time to enjoy the pool, the 4D movies, the Nick Live shows at 2pm and of course, Double Dare! If you are out all day doing parks, you will miss most, if not all, of these things which makes Nick Hotel what it is.

$30 resort fee is a bit much on top of the $120+ room rates is why I say that if you will not enjoy everything the property has to offer, then I would stay at an actual 4-star hotel, because the rooms here are 3-star at best but gets a 4-star bump for amenities!

It i s a fun property though and if you stay and play here, you will have fun. Just don't stay here if you plan to do the normal Disney/Universal thing, because you will be disappointed I think.

Dear Arthur K,

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our amenities and all what we have to offer.

The Nickelodeon Suites Resort is a destination Resort with all what we have to offer as you have mentioned in your review. We certainly offer all to keep you and the family busy during your stay. Our Resort offer more what any resort offer in the area: water Parks, 4D Theater, Character Meet and Greet, Shows, character dining and much more. For those wishing to visit the Theme Parks and enjoy our amenities as well, we have scheduled transportation available to and from the theme parks.

I invite you contact me next time if you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any of your requests to make your stay more enjoyable.

Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel was great, we had a blast. Clean & comfortable, friendly staff, lots to do.The waterpark was loads of fun!
The only complaints were, same as others reviewed, check-in takes for ever. Was in line for 45 minutes, when you have kids, it seems even longer.
The food and breakfast with Sponge Bob and other characters is a little too pricy for what you get.
Other than that, nothing but a good time. We will definitely go back!!!

Room Tip: Room with 2 bedrooms are great for adults to have a liitle privacy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Lisa T,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share you experience. We are delighted to hear you had a good time and you were pleased with the cleanliness of our suites and the friendliness of our team members.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your stay.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your stay with us, I would personally see that any of your requests are honored and you enjoyed your time and our amenities.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Nickelodeon Suites Resort.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

long story short, the staff at nick hotel was courteous, friendly and attentive. they made us feel at home. As a Lesbian couple with several children traveling with us we get a lot of looks and comments and I honestly felt unjudged and equal. and when our truck had some mechanical issues, the engineer from the staff drove me to get parts and even fixed my truck! all he asked for was a smile on my face. His name is German from Puerto Rico. Great guy! all in all, Im coming back. and i recomend Nick Hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear tonidiamondz,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share you experience. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your stay.

We are delighted to receive admire and acknowledgement of such positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognize our team's efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments were shared with our entire staff, as a reinforcement to continue their effort to make the Nickelodeon Suites Resort a leader in quality.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments and we look forward the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Sharon, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Went with my daughter and knew that I wasn't going to a 5 star hotel and going for the experience. Check in is at 4pm, but called to see if we could use the shuttle service to the park for 8am and they were so helpful. Our room was ready at 7:30am, got key, put luggage away and on shuttle to Disney by 8am!! All staff were so helpful! I will say we were there on a Thursday and could pick any chair at the pool, by Saturday it was a zoo!!! (try not to stay on a weekend). I knew from reviews that all the extras were additional charges so I was fine (sliming etc). Got picked to do Double Dare show and that made my daughters day! Wonderful memories were made. Something for all ages! If you do your research and know what to expect, it is perfect! Can't wait to come back again!

Room Tip: Stay near Lagoon pool (bigger pool and where action is). We stayed in #6.
Dear savvygirl6766,

We would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased to hear our team was able to accommodate you early so you may have the chance to enjoy your first day as well as your stay.

We are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay and would stay with us again.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any requests you may have to make your stay more enjoyable.

Yaphank, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Our room had a foul odor to it and the mattresses on the bunk beds were VERY thin. The rooms are called Suites but all that means is an extra sink & microwave. There were no cups or dishes or silverware in rooms, so you could not heat up anything. The paper cups that were left for the coffee pot were flimsy. The pools were VERY dirty and not kept up at all. The hotel is expensive and soooo not worth the money. I would expect this at a cheap motel where I paid $50/ night. We avoided our room at all times meanwhile we thought that since it was a Suite we would be able to relax in room. The odor in the room and the uncomfortable furniture kept us from staying in room.

The characters are all outdated and were no where to be found. There were no shows with the characters.

The food offered at the mall was all overpriced and had no flavor.

The only good things I can say about it was the slides were fun and the young staff tried to make it fun for the kids.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at this place.
Dear Kelly D,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased to hear the kids had a good time.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your stay with us, we hope you reached out to one of our resort services managers to be able to assist you with your concerns and move you to another suite so they may be able to check the deficiencies you mentioned above.
Our two bedroom suites are 485 SQF, which features a mini kitchenette: Microwave, Mini refrigerator, coffee maker. Our One bedroom Suite, which is 475SQF, and our 3Bedrooms kidsuite, which is 960SQF, include Kitchen with stove-top range, full-sized refrigerator, extended counter-top, microwave, dishwasher, dishes, coffee maker, cookware, and flatware.
We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations and we hope we were made aware during your stay so we may have the opportunity to assist you and make your stay more enjoyable.

Once again, thank you for the opportunity.

Mkahramane

Been to Nickelodeon Suites Resort? Share your experiences!