“Great after first glance” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
5th Night FREE!
Ranked #217 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Vero Beach, Florida
“Great after first glance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We just returned from a three night stay at the Nickelodeon Hotel. Have kids age 6 and 4 so were expecting a family kid friendly hotel and that's what it is. I read the reviews and expected a long check in time so I was not caught off guard. We arrived early as to request a pool view room that was also requested at time of reservation (got there at 1). We were checked in after about an hour of waiting and then headed to "the mall" for lunch while we waited for out room to be ready. Lunch was fine as said before pricey so we did decide at that time to eat out more. Our room was called ready quickly (theres also customer service in the mall which I used to pick the keys). when I went to pick up the keys it was for a parking lot side room. I refused the keys (4 times i had to say no I'm not taking those keys) and I said I would rather have a pool view room as requested many times and today I showed up hours before normal checkin hours to guarantee. She told me there were none available and after some persisting she "locked" me into a pool view room. But here's the catch I had to pay 20 dollars more a night which was NEVER mentioned before ever. I agreed and figured I would debate it later with customer service and ask why then (especially because it was NOT a Dora or sponge bob room). Ok so there were no pool view rooms available clean at that time. She did "lock" me into a pool view room but I had to wait for that specific pool room to be cleaned. Even though hundreds of other pool rooms may come available faster. I learned their "system". When you check in if a room is not ready they send you to wait, when they call you the room has already been assigned to you. There is no changing it or switching at all. Most of the time they do not take your personal requests into consideration as I saw many unhappy guests and families who requested joining rooms in different buildings completely etc.....so that's a bummer they don't look more at your special requests before assigning the rooms. The only way to get around that is if you refuse your keys and get "locked" into a dirty room that you will wait specifically for. This took much persuading as I did not want to spend 3 days in a parking lot. As it turned out the room I was locked in for took until 4:30 to be finished. Meaning we waited from 1 to 4:30 to get into our room. She felt bad and waived the 20 dollar a night additional room charge and actually said "so you can get what you reserved...and also gave us late 2 p.m. checkout so I did feel much better. The view was worth the wait we were in building on the fifth floor so the view was amazing and we could watch the activities (any pool room buildings would be great obviously the first floor has no view). My kids loved the bunk beds it made our trip and was a nice treat. They were however falling apart which only my husband and I seemed to notice, the kids were in nick toons heaven especially with a tv in their room. I was expecting a motel feel and not fancy and that was true however I was surprised by the carpet condition and other little things like a broken lamp shade and the character on the wall had been ripped off and "glued" back so that was tacky. The adult room was great and the bed was new and comfortable. I had to request white cotton blankets for the kids beds because their "green blankets" were so stained and not washed. It wasn't a big deal I just took them off and called for two white cotton blankets that I knew would be clean. I also asked for two sheets which I placed over the couch and lounge chair as they were a little musty as well. A professional carpet cleaner and furniture cleaner would do wonders for the rooms. The TVs were great and it gets better from here! parking was so easy and plenty of spots close up to your building. Ok the pools were great looking but also need to be cleaned more. Twice a day they have 30 min breaks for cleaning but only 1 person swipes a net around...they need a vacuum system going! We did stay the last week of summer so it was extremely busy but it was odd to me that the pools were "standing room only". I have never seen so many people in a pool before! The kids slide area however was not overpopulated so that was nice for the kids to use. We rented a poolside cabana one day and that (though it cost more than our room) was necessary and pleasant for the pool. The shows were amazing and the 4D movies were so awesome they made the whole trip worth it. My kids saw all of them and they were not too scary. They had karaoke one night and other activities that were so much fun :) reservations on the shows are expected but they are worth it! One random odd note was that you have to check in and check out your pool towels everyday...seems a little old fashioned and time consuming but no big deal. I realized that most people were like us and paid for a hotel room and got a vacation, meaning you don't have to go anywhere else just stay at the hotel. That is probably why the pools were as packed as I have ever seen them (again summer time). The mass sliming was super fun and the music was exciting. I'm giving 4 stars because my kids had an amazing time and that made everything worth it...with a few minor room improvements and deep cleaning you could win the parents back though! We had fun and I'm glad we came but unless renovations happen to the rooms we won't return.

Room Tip: See review for details
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Barb772,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to enjoy our amenities as well.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your stay and also for any confusion about your requests. We are pleased to hear that our agent was able to assist you and make your stay more enjoyable. You are correct our resort is more of a destination resort with all of the different amenities we offer: Pools, Shows, Recreation, Entertainment and much more. So there is no need to leave the resort.

Your comments were shared with our management team to further follow up with their respective areas. Our resort goes through preventive maintenance throughout the year and especially after the summer.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any of your requests and make sure your stay is memorable.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Nickelodeon Suites Resort.

Sincerely;

Mkahramane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (923)
  • Korean first
Palm Coast, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is a copy of portions of the Certified Letter that I sent to the Nickelodeon Suites Resort giving the opportunity to contact us and make amends or at the very least provide us with an opportunity to experience the resort as it was meant to be. The letter was sent over two weeks ago and NO RESPONSE yet.

To Whom It May Concern,

On July 20. 2013, my family and I stayed at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort in Orlando, Florida. This stay was to be our son’s birthday present.

As it was his 11th birthday we allowed him to bring a guest with us and we were to spend the weekend enjoying the resort. He and his friend had spent hours looking over your website and planning their ‘trip’. Watching the 4D shows, getting slimed, seeing the Double Dare Show and going to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Dinner Buffet were all that they spoke about for the couple of months prior to the trip. The following Series of Events will show that what we thought was to be the Best Birthday Present Ever turned into a horrible experience for ALL of us.

SERIES OF EVENTS
1:30 pm Saturday July 20, 2013 through 8:00 pm Sunday July 21, 2013

We arrived and were told at the entrance gate to drive ahead to a parking spot. After not being able to find an empty parking place we stopped and asked an employee out front of the Registration Office. He told us to drive around to the back if no parking places were available. We found a place at the back of the complex and proceeded to ‘walk single file because of the crowds’ through the Resort to find the Registration Center.

The Registration Center was extremely crowded. There was not a single place for my family to sit and wait while I checked us in. I stood in line and waited for a CONSIDERABLE amount of time while the 4-6 employees (it seemed to change periodically) checked families in. The employees seemed to spend time and were more eager to have everyone BUY a Souvenir Bag and Tickets to the 4D Shows than to have the guests checked into their rooms. Once we were checked in we were told that we would receive a call when our room was ready. We were finally told that a room was ready at about 4:00. Our time waiting was spent sitting at the food court that we found to be in an unkempt state. Tables were dirty with left over food items. I removed the trash from one table for us to sit at. I grabbed some napkins from one of the vendors and somewhat ‘wiped’ our table off. We never saw anyone, during our long wait, come around and clean any of the tables. We did, however, see a family clean off a table like we did.

We proceeded to get our key from the Guest Services center in the food court. After we picked up our key, we were told to step over to another ‘employee’ to take care of reservations for a show. We reserved a place at the Double Dare Show and made Reservations for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Dinner Buffet. These two items were at the TOP of our son’s birthday to do list for our stay.

Upon entering our room, we were met with a dingy outdated room, extremely dim fluorescent lighting, musty/moldy smell, and a room set at 72 degrees (to keep the smell down?). The kids’ beds were hard and the springs/coils pierced through the mattresses. The kids’ television set was not working properly. The light in the master bedroom had a broken switch and could not be turned on.
I called to ask for a different room. After 2 transfers I was connected to ‘************ from Communications. I explained the situation to this person and he stated that there were NO ROOMS available to move us into. The hotel was at 100% capacity and that ‘maybe’ the next night we could move to a different room. He then went on to say that as a courtesy he would give us a $50 Nickelodeon gift card to use at the resort. We were not happy about having to stay the night in that room. We planned to let our son use the gift card at the arcade. When we went to Guest Services (food court), the employee did not have the card and she looked it up and said that there was to be a $25 card and it had not been delivered yet. I explained that John had told us a $50 card because there was not an available room. Her records said only a $25 card. She then offered to move us into another room. Why could she move us into a room and he could not? We were told that some help would arrive in a few minutes at our old room to assist in getting our stuff moved to the new room. My family was exhausted and disappointed at still not being able to settle down into a room and begin to have fun. After waiting over 30 minutes sitting in our room for a room attendant, we just move everything ourselves into the other building. We finally got situated in a room after 4 ½ HOURS.

I took our son and his friend to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Dinner Buffet. When we arrived we were told that we did not have a reservation. We had made the reservation at Guest Services (food court) when we picked up the key. The look on my son’s face was utter disappointment. They quickly found us a place. The dinner buffet was unappealing and almost inedible. Shoddy tables. The ‘show’ was a few minutes of the Turtles doing some pretend moves with the staff and then they would stand by tables to get pictures taken. I had expected more than what was provided, for the price that we paid.

Numerous other things minor in detail but building upon the whole NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE.
1. Too crowded…we had to walk single file most places.
2. When I would call to ‘discuss’ my issues I would be transferred to someone new.
3. Had to wait several hours to get the extra blankets and pillows for the night.
4. The room was never cleaned on the 2nd day.
5. No toilet paper in the room.
6. The couch/bed had a strong musty/mildew smell.

The FINAL STRAW was Joanie drying off and a rather large roach was riding on the towel. Nothing better than the feeling a something rubbing across your body as you dry and realize it was a roach. I wrap it up in the towel and personally took it to the manager/supervisor on duty. While waiting to speak with this person I get a call and Joanie had found a 2nd ROACH in the next towel after she RE-SHOWERED. We had had it. Spoke to Manager/Supervisor(?) and explained the ENTIRE 30 hours of hell. We decided to just leave. We felt that the majority of the staff showed a complete lack of concern for our issues.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Charles C,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time the time to share your comments. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. We also would like to thank you for taking the time and speaking to me in person.

We hope you were pleased after our conversation and we hope to have the opportunity in restoring your faith in the near future.

Once again, thank you.

New york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Worst travel experience! Too many negative issues to list. Avoid this hotel at all costs! Filthy, vomit stained room. When notified, house cleaning never arrived to take care of problems. We packed our stuff and ran to another hotel.

Room Tip: Sleep somewhere else
Dear Micfrat,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your visit and for not meeting your expectations.

We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations and for not following up after your original call. There is no reason for such response and your request should have been handled differently that it did.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you and see that your requests are met and your stay is memorable.

Once again, thank you and we look forward the opportunity to restore your faith in our resort and services.

Cutler Bay, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The check is was crazy, stood in line over an hour to check in. The property needs some attention. Slime and rust on the slides. Our room was clean but someones child had written their names on the lampshades. We needed extra blankets, it took 3 phone calls, and tracking down a housekeeper and still didn't get them till the next afternoon.
The pool area is nice, but not enough seating for the guests. In the afternoon the deck gets littered with trash.

Room Tip: Get the outside room (rooms facing pool area are $20 more a night and they are Very LOUD!)
Dear Mandajean38,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. We hope the kids enjoyed their stay with us. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your stay and for not meeting your expectations.

If you ever plan another trip to the area, please contact me and I would personally see that your stay and requests are handled and your stay is a memorable one.

Once again, thank you and look forward to serving you in the future.

Wellington, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed for a night just to see the TMNT characters and we regret it. It's a very old hote the room was moldy, smelled horrible and the rooms doesn't have enough lighting are very dark. Not coming back.

Dear Zamira R,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to send your comments. We hope the kids got to enjoy our amenities and took some picture with our Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations about your accommodations. I hope you had the chance to speak to one of our management to further assist you to make your stay more enjoyable. I have forwarded your comments to our Engineering Management Team to further follow up.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would see personally that your stay and make sure that any of your requests are honored.

Once again, thank you and we look forward the opportunity to serving you in the future.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family had a blast, despite the off and on rain showers. This hotel had everything that a child could possibly need. My 13 year especially enjoyed the teen center! The arcade and other entertainment was very convenient. The only downside is that the games run a hole in your card. The bar and laundry facility was very convenient for my husband and I as well=)

Room Tip: Try and get the rooms away from the pool...more comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rowena O,

On behalf of all of us here at the Nickelodeon Suites resort, we would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear you had a great time despite of the un-cooperation of Mother Nature.

We are pleased to hear that your teenager enjoyed Code 9, our Teen Lounge. We are also pleased to see you enjoyed the rest of Florida and especially with the picture on your review from your visit to Gatorland.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any if your requests to make your stay more enjoyable.

sharon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We just got back from a 6 night stay at the Nickelodeon Suites Resorts. My 9 year old had a fabulous time. The rooms are not fancy but they are fine (maybe they need a little updating).

The pools were so much fun. At the Lagoon pool there were always activities going on and my daughter loved the water slide. The do "mass sliming" a few times a day (basically dumping green water on the kids and they love it). There were lots of other activities going on (games, dancing, etc) during the day and evening. The Oasis pool was smaller and quieter (I think littler kids would like this one. Saturday the pools were super busy, The other days of the week were much quieter.

There are HOT TUBS towards the back of the pools that are very nice and quiet.

The food was fine (not amazing). After 6 days, the choices were a little limited. We bought the package that included the buffet breakfast and it was exactly the same every day. BUT the pro side for me I would go down every morning before breakfast , show my slip and was able to bring coffee back to the room.

The staff was nice and friendly. The waiter who served us at dinner, came by when we were at the pool the next day and told us he would come around every so often and get our drinks and snacks for us.

They have a 3 to 4 Double Dare shows every night. The kids submit card with why they want to be on or how they have been practicing, and the staff picks from the craziest, most creative submissions. My daughter got picked and had a blast on the show. (Note only 12 cards get picked a day out of about 100 submissions.)

They also have 4-d Movies which are fun (very short -- about 10 min each). They do charge for this but we included it with our package.

Room Tip: Oasis pool area is quieter. So if you want a quieter room try to get on that side of the resort.
Dear j m,

On behalf of all of us here at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased to hear that your 9 years old had a fabulous time here.

We are also pleased to hear you enjoyed our amenities and our services and that you took advantage of the package you booked.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any request you may have to make your stay more enjoyable.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Nickelodeon Suites Resort for more fun.

Mkahramane

Been to Nickelodeon Suites Resort? Share your experiences!