“Worst Hotel Experience EVER!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 20% Now!
Ranked #219 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Baltimore, Maryland
“Worst Hotel Experience EVER!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family had a couple days to spend in Orlando after spending four nights on a Disney cruise. After a recommendation from a family member, we booked two nights at the Nickelodeon Resort. We arrived around 11:00 a.m. and, although there were only three families in line to check in, we still waited 20 minutes. We didn't expect our room to be ready, so we decided to hang out at the pool. Our first impression was not a positive one. The character signs were faded by the sun and needed to be updated, the pool was so crowded we couldn't find one chair (let alone four) and the smell of chlorine was burning our nostrils. Guests had to sign out towels, which could not be taken out of the pool area. The towels were small, dirty, frayed and old. The grounds were not nice ... narrow walkways, chipped paint, sidewalk cracks and no landscaping whatsoever. We checked into our room a short time later, and it was DISGUSTING. The carpet and furniture was old and dirty. The bathroom was gross. I wouldn't even walk on the bathroom floor barefoot . . . I felt only safe wearing flip flops. We signed up for the character dinner, which was the biggest rip off. Over hundred dollars (family of 4) for a pizza buffet and having your picture taken with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. We were back in the pool after dinner, which was still overly crowded. The lifeguards spent more time disciplining guests that making sure everyone was safe. At 10:00 p.m., everyone was kicked out of the pool. I went to bed that night feeling that I just wasted a lot of money on a very awful experience. After the one night, we checked out and stayed in a Disney Resort for less $$$ and a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear RGold18,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments.
We are very sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations during your visit. We certainly apologize for any inconvenience you encountered.

We hope you were able to reach out to one of our management team to further assist you with any of your concerns while here so you may be able to enjoy your stay with us.

Once again, thank you.

Mkahramane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (858)
  • Korean first
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here with the family in July. First room had bed bugs that I saw upon check -in (yes i check before we put our luggage in the rooms) and was confirmed by engineering, kid thrown up was on the bunk beds not even wiped off. Second room was check by engineering and no bed bugs were found, but woke up to bugs crawling in the bath tub. This place is nasty. Housekeeping takes no pride in what they do. Furniture is all stained and stuff is rusty in the room. Just nasty. Room smells of moldy. You see people walking around with bites all over them, and I bet they don't even know there room was infected with bugs. Check the bed bug registry if you don't believe me. Go somewhere else folks.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Infested with bed bugs, roaches and other bugs. Filthy place all over. Over-price...
Dear Jackie A,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. The Nickelodeon Suites Resort takes allegations of bedbugs very seriously as the safety and well-being of our guests is top priority. The hotel conducts a full inspection of every suite prior to guests checking into the suite, Education, awareness, and vigilance are critical to addressing bedbug issues. If ever bed bugs were found, Nickelodeon Suites Resort has a remediation program in place with a pest control contractor to quickly address the problem.

Your comments were shared with our management team to further follow up with your concerns on the other suite.

I invite you to contact me personally and I would gladly assist you with any questions or further comments you may have.

Thank you.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The room was very clean (except for an empty powerade bottle on the floor behind a chair) and spacious. The bathroom was roomy, not tiny and cramped like most hotels. The room was similar to a small apartment, minus the kitchen. There is a mini fridge, a microwave and a mini sink in the "kitchen" area. Note to management: the fridge opened away from the living area, which meant standing in the corner wedged between the non-movable table and the counter to get into the fridge. The big pool was VERY, VERY crowded. The slides were fun but had fairly long lines to ride them. The water in the big pool was kind of salty-considering it was a chlorinated pool, it should not have been that way. There was not a place in the pool that you could go without being spashed in the face, kicked or pushed by unruly kids. The smaller pool was less crowded because it had a couple small slides and a kiddie area. Our kids really enjoyed their time at the pools. I was disappointed in the character meet and greet. We waited all day for the Ninja Turtle meet and greet and once in line was actually told that we could go up and take a single group picture and then move along. That is not a meet and greet. We stayed one night and it cost $234 for the 2 bedroom room (with a Florida resident discount). There is a $30 per night resort fee that is charged for things such as use of the water park, internet access, and parking. In my opinion, it was very overpriced.

Dear justaflagirl,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear we met your expectations and the kids loved our resort and our amenities.

Your comments were shared with our management team to further follow up with the items mentioned; we would like to extend our sincere apologies for any inconvenience encountered during your stay.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any questions or requests to make your stay more enjoyable.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back to the Nickelodeon Suites Resort.

Southeast MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We just got back from our trip and had a very good time. My 7 y/o son and I travelled with my BFF and her brother with a total of five boys, ages 5-10. Nick resort was all about the kids. Don't go expecting the grandios-ness of Disney or Universal, though. Nick is on a much smaller scale, but it has a TON of interactive things going on all day and evening. The Lagoon pool rocked for our 5-8 boys, the 10 yo would have probably enjoyed the other pool, but honestly, we never made it that far. The Mall area with the arcade and 4D movies kept us entertained when we reached our waterlogged point. We did opt to go to Universal on one day because we decided since we had come that far...we might as well. I do want to note that the lifeguards were amazing at the Lagoon pool. They were obviously well trained and no nonsense when it came to watching the kids. There were many times where a mass of kids gathered in the middle to watch the shows on the side stage and those lifeguards hustled to keep an eye on all of them. Again, it was all about the kids! The room: We stayed in one of the family suites over looking the Lagoon pool. The room was clean and plenty big. There were a total of five TVs (not that we were in there long enough to actualy watch anything). Really, could not complain about the rooms. Cleanliness: I did get a little grossed out in the pool area...trash would lay around for hours before it got cleaned up. Come to think of it, I never saw any staff cleaning around the pool area. hmmm, That would be a good idea. Outside the pool area, I had no concerns. Cost: I have no problem spending the $$ for the rooms and entertainment that Nick provided. It was a huge hit with my little guy who is still talking about it. It does get old, thought, seeing the resort fees and extra taxes. Also, while the food prices weren't just out of this world, they were more than rural Missouri prices, so be prepared. Over-all I would totally go again, but I will say this is a place for an extended weekend, not to spend a whole week there. Age group to take is the 5-10, definietly.

Room Tip: We stayed facing the Lagoon pool, it did get very loud at times when the entertainment gets going...
Dear semopars,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear you had a good time and the kids got to enjoy our amenities. On behalf of our aquatic team, we would like to thank you for recognizing them and their hard work; they certainly go through an extensive and continuous training as the rest of our teams.

We want thank you for the details giving and we would like to extend our sincere apologies for any inconvenience encountered here.

Your comments were shared with our management team to further follow up with their respective areas and especially about the pool.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any questions or requests you may have to make your stay more enjoyable.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back to the Nickelodeon Suites Resort for more fun and slime.

Cape Canaveral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

After reading some reviews I was very hesitant to stay at this hotel. As a hotel manager for over 10 years I can be a little hard to please, but I was delighted with our stay. The rooms could use some upgrades but were clean and in working order. The sofa bed was terrible! They should really be replaced. The staff was wonderful and always helpful! The pools are amazing and all the pool side entertainment for the kids is the best! My family had a great time.

Dear Tina C,

On behalf of all of us here at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience.

We are delighted to hear you stayed with us despite some of the reviews you read and you enjoyed your stay and all of our amenities.

We certainly appreciate your feedback. It was shared with all of our management team to further follow up.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any requests or questions you may have to make your stay more enjoyable.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My kids loved it from the moment they saw it from the road! Loved the room, the pool!, all the 4d movies, double dare and character breakfast! My husband and son got chose for double dare and that was awesome! However being a grownup here ate a few complaints: room was gross! Big but very motel 6ish! The pool was nice and pizza was very tasty! Took me almost 2 hours to get registered and then realized they forgot to give us our wristbands! Guest servises has usually 3 ppl working but only 1 who can really help! Most of the workers were wonderful! Everything is so pricey!!! Geeezzz family of four was 80 dollars! And if your gonna catch a movie get there a good 20 minutes early to get in line or you will not be able to get in! Make reservations for double dare and to eat at nicktoon cafe, free to make reservations and you are almost guaranteed to not get in otherwise!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear mandiemmagavin,

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are very pleased to hear your kids loved the hotel and all of our amenities and they were able to enjoy them all.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your stay with us. Your comments were shared with our management team to further follow up with your comments from your check in to your suite. I hope you had the opportunity to reach out to one of our management team to further assist you.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any requests and questions you may have to make your stay more enjoyable.

Mkahramane.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Nickelodeon Resort to celebrate my little brothers birthday. First, they advertise the suites to sleep 6 people. There were 4 of us adults and one small child, the rooms are so unbelievably tiny it is insane. The online pictures are very misleading. They never left us enough towels or shampoo/ soap to accommodate the 5 people that were registered for the room. Our room was never cleaned on our 3 day stay until we called each NIGHT and complained. The hallways are always full of garbage bags from housekeeping and room service carts full the hallways and rain there all day! The mattresses are as thin as paper and you honestly feel like you are sleeping directly on springs. But the worst is the fact that my entire family is leaving itchy and with bites I am positive are from bed bugs! Upon starting to itch we read others online reviews and apparently bed bugs are a known issue here. Our safe never worked since checkin, we called and no one ever came all weekend. The pool is so over crowded and with no where near enough lounge chairs for the amount of guests at this hotel. And I say HOTEL because to advertise this place as a RESORT is just a flat out lie. For $250 per night they need (which is what it comes out to with all their "resort fees" we were expecting the equivalent of a Disney or Universal Resort. Do not waste your money or more importantly your family vacation at this place! Run!!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Corttor,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We hope your little brother enjoyed his birthday with us.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. Our suites are 485 SQF as it is advertised on our website, and the two bedrooms kidsuite as the one you booked does sleep up to 6 People. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations.

We hope you had the opportunity to reach out to one of our Resort Services Management team to be able to assist you with your concerns and further investigate any of your concerns.

I invite you to contact us directly to answer any of your questions or concerns you may have.

Thank you.

Mkahramane

Been to Nickelodeon Suites Resort? Share your experiences!