“Kids loved it, parents liked it” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25% Now!
Ranked #218 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Florida
“Kids loved it, parents liked it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The room was very clean (except for an empty powerade bottle on the floor behind a chair) and spacious. The bathroom was roomy, not tiny and cramped like most hotels. The room was similar to a small apartment, minus the kitchen. There is a mini fridge, a microwave and a mini sink in the "kitchen" area. Note to management: the fridge opened away from the living area, which meant standing in the corner wedged between the non-movable table and the counter to get into the fridge. The big pool was VERY, VERY crowded. The slides were fun but had fairly long lines to ride them. The water in the big pool was kind of salty-considering it was a chlorinated pool, it should not have been that way. There was not a place in the pool that you could go without being spashed in the face, kicked or pushed by unruly kids. The smaller pool was less crowded because it had a couple small slides and a kiddie area. Our kids really enjoyed their time at the pools. I was disappointed in the character meet and greet. We waited all day for the Ninja Turtle meet and greet and once in line was actually told that we could go up and take a single group picture and then move along. That is not a meet and greet. We stayed one night and it cost $234 for the 2 bedroom room (with a Florida resident discount). There is a $30 per night resort fee that is charged for things such as use of the water park, internet access, and parking. In my opinion, it was very overpriced.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear justaflagirl,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear we met your expectations and the kids loved our resort and our amenities.

Your comments were shared with our management team to further follow up with the items mentioned; we would like to extend our sincere apologies for any inconvenience encountered during your stay.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any questions or requests to make your stay more enjoyable.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back to the Nickelodeon Suites Resort.

Mkahramane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (849)
  • Korean first
Southeast MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We just got back from our trip and had a very good time. My 7 y/o son and I travelled with my BFF and her brother with a total of five boys, ages 5-10. Nick resort was all about the kids. Don't go expecting the grandios-ness of Disney or Universal, though. Nick is on a much smaller scale, but it has a TON of interactive things going on all day and evening. The Lagoon pool rocked for our 5-8 boys, the 10 yo would have probably enjoyed the other pool, but honestly, we never made it that far. The Mall area with the arcade and 4D movies kept us entertained when we reached our waterlogged point. We did opt to go to Universal on one day because we decided since we had come that far...we might as well. I do want to note that the lifeguards were amazing at the Lagoon pool. They were obviously well trained and no nonsense when it came to watching the kids. There were many times where a mass of kids gathered in the middle to watch the shows on the side stage and those lifeguards hustled to keep an eye on all of them. Again, it was all about the kids! The room: We stayed in one of the family suites over looking the Lagoon pool. The room was clean and plenty big. There were a total of five TVs (not that we were in there long enough to actualy watch anything). Really, could not complain about the rooms. Cleanliness: I did get a little grossed out in the pool area...trash would lay around for hours before it got cleaned up. Come to think of it, I never saw any staff cleaning around the pool area. hmmm, That would be a good idea. Outside the pool area, I had no concerns. Cost: I have no problem spending the $$ for the rooms and entertainment that Nick provided. It was a huge hit with my little guy who is still talking about it. It does get old, thought, seeing the resort fees and extra taxes. Also, while the food prices weren't just out of this world, they were more than rural Missouri prices, so be prepared. Over-all I would totally go again, but I will say this is a place for an extended weekend, not to spend a whole week there. Age group to take is the 5-10, definietly.

Room Tip: We stayed facing the Lagoon pool, it did get very loud at times when the entertainment gets going...
Dear semopars,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear you had a good time and the kids got to enjoy our amenities. On behalf of our aquatic team, we would like to thank you for recognizing them and their hard work; they certainly go through an extensive and continuous training as the rest of our teams.

We want thank you for the details giving and we would like to extend our sincere apologies for any inconvenience encountered here.

Your comments were shared with our management team to further follow up with their respective areas and especially about the pool.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any questions or requests you may have to make your stay more enjoyable.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back to the Nickelodeon Suites Resort for more fun and slime.

Cape Canaveral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

After reading some reviews I was very hesitant to stay at this hotel. As a hotel manager for over 10 years I can be a little hard to please, but I was delighted with our stay. The rooms could use some upgrades but were clean and in working order. The sofa bed was terrible! They should really be replaced. The staff was wonderful and always helpful! The pools are amazing and all the pool side entertainment for the kids is the best! My family had a great time.

Dear Tina C,

On behalf of all of us here at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience.

We are delighted to hear you stayed with us despite some of the reviews you read and you enjoyed your stay and all of our amenities.

We certainly appreciate your feedback. It was shared with all of our management team to further follow up.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any requests or questions you may have to make your stay more enjoyable.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My kids loved it from the moment they saw it from the road! Loved the room, the pool!, all the 4d movies, double dare and character breakfast! My husband and son got chose for double dare and that was awesome! However being a grownup here ate a few complaints: room was gross! Big but very motel 6ish! The pool was nice and pizza was very tasty! Took me almost 2 hours to get registered and then realized they forgot to give us our wristbands! Guest servises has usually 3 ppl working but only 1 who can really help! Most of the workers were wonderful! Everything is so pricey!!! Geeezzz family of four was 80 dollars! And if your gonna catch a movie get there a good 20 minutes early to get in line or you will not be able to get in! Make reservations for double dare and to eat at nicktoon cafe, free to make reservations and you are almost guaranteed to not get in otherwise!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear mandiemmagavin,

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are very pleased to hear your kids loved the hotel and all of our amenities and they were able to enjoy them all.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your stay with us. Your comments were shared with our management team to further follow up with your comments from your check in to your suite. I hope you had the opportunity to reach out to one of our management team to further assist you.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any requests and questions you may have to make your stay more enjoyable.

Mkahramane.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Nickelodeon Resort to celebrate my little brothers birthday. First, they advertise the suites to sleep 6 people. There were 4 of us adults and one small child, the rooms are so unbelievably tiny it is insane. The online pictures are very misleading. They never left us enough towels or shampoo/ soap to accommodate the 5 people that were registered for the room. Our room was never cleaned on our 3 day stay until we called each NIGHT and complained. The hallways are always full of garbage bags from housekeeping and room service carts full the hallways and rain there all day! The mattresses are as thin as paper and you honestly feel like you are sleeping directly on springs. But the worst is the fact that my entire family is leaving itchy and with bites I am positive are from bed bugs! Upon starting to itch we read others online reviews and apparently bed bugs are a known issue here. Our safe never worked since checkin, we called and no one ever came all weekend. The pool is so over crowded and with no where near enough lounge chairs for the amount of guests at this hotel. And I say HOTEL because to advertise this place as a RESORT is just a flat out lie. For $250 per night they need (which is what it comes out to with all their "resort fees" we were expecting the equivalent of a Disney or Universal Resort. Do not waste your money or more importantly your family vacation at this place! Run!!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Corttor,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We hope your little brother enjoyed his birthday with us.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. Our suites are 485 SQF as it is advertised on our website, and the two bedrooms kidsuite as the one you booked does sleep up to 6 People. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations.

We hope you had the opportunity to reach out to one of our Resort Services Management team to be able to assist you with your concerns and further investigate any of your concerns.

I invite you to contact us directly to answer any of your questions or concerns you may have.

Thank you.

Ringoes, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This place is made for kids!!! - while the rooms are totally basic they were clean and spacious with 2 Bedrooms (one with an adorable Sponge-Bob-themed mural across the wall), a Bath room, kitchenette and living area.

The pool is out of this world!!! It's really big, but hard to get a chair to put your things down. We had the chance to be "slimed" several times per day, and the water slides are great, too. There is also a quieter pool which was nice when we just wanted to relax. There were great shows, character meet/greets and activities for families as well. We really didn't utilize the food court, which had mostly take-out or eat in fast-food. Close to Disney, lots of restaurants, and 45 min from Legoland (which was our goal for the trip - they off offered a great package)

Room Tip: Rooms near the secondary pool tend to be quieter - as the main pool is full of kids until late in th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Laura A,

On behalf of all of us here at the resort, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing the Nickelodeon Suites Resort for your recent getaway.

We are pleased to hear we met your expectations and you enjoyed our unique amenities and all what we have to offer here at Nickelodeon Suites Resort. You are absolutely correct; the Nickelodeon Suites Resort is all about kids while we do keep adults in mind at all the time.
I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you and your family with any questions or requests you may have.

Aledo, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We intentionally arrived one day early for our Disney vacation to let our kids stay here for a night. I misunderstood and thought there was a complimentary shuttle from the airport. When I realized my mistake, I called their recommended shuttle service and not only were they gong to charge us $74 one way, but I was supposed to give 24 hours notice. so we rented a car to get to the hotel. We arrived and waited about an hour to check in. I got to the front finally and we could barely hear the staff member. The acoustics were terrible in the lobby. The pool areas were closed due to inclement weather (no big deal because lots more to do inside). During the wait to check in, we received literature About shuttles to and from Disney and Universal. We decided to go ahead and take the rental car back (across the street from downtown Disney) and then we would catch the shuttle back to the hotel. We went to dinner and I called the hotel to find out where to catch the shuttle, and I was told we should have a boarding pass from when we initially rode the shuttle. I explained our situation, told them we had resort wristbands, and was told they cannot do anything about it. I kept explaining the situation and we had already checked into the hotel, had the wristbands (thanks to the resort fee), and was put on hold. Then I was disconnected. I called back, went through it all again with a second person, told that was their policy, finally told to hold while he spoke with his manager. He came back online and said there was absolutely nothing he could do about it for us. (A quick boarding pass emailed to our phone or texted, etc would have been a quick and easy courtesy fix). He gave us the number to their recommended transportation service (again), but (again), we needed 24 hour notice. So we piled in a cab and paid to travel back to the hotel.

Got to hotel, and pool was reopened. We saw that the ninja turtles were there for a character photo so we took our son and after looking for the one pool entrance, we finally got to the end of the line and was told they just closed the line to see the turtles. That wasn't the fault of the resort, of course, just added fire to our fury. I sat by the pool while two of our three children played. I was totally disgusted by the pool. Not only did it smell terrible, the water was truly disgusting. There were so many people and I really didn't see a lot of lifeguards. I know they were there, of course, but my point is that it was so crowded, we could barely find them. We finally got back to our room and it smelled terrible too. The water in the bathroom shower and sink smelled like rotten eggs, the shower curtain was gross and old, hair in the tub, and the room just seemed lacking. We did call housekeeping for pillows that were missing from the foldout sofa bed, and they eventually came with what we asked. We paid 244 for one night and cannot wait to get out. It was just a gross experience all around and so disappointing to both myself and my husband and especially even to our kids. The outside of the hotel needs upkeep: basic painting, repairs, nick character signs are all faded, etc.

My husband and I are both self employed and if we ran our businesses like this, we would absolutely go bankrupt. Not sure why this hotel is allowed to get away with having so little pride in their resort. Can't wait to get to our Disney hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear JGBeck,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. We hope the kids enjoyed their short visit. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your visit. We apologize for any misunderstanding about the shuttle to and from the Airport. As you know, there is a complimentary scheduled shuttle to and from the Major Disney Theme Parks as well as Universal, Island of Adventure and Sea World.

You had mentioned you dropped your rental across from Down Town Disney and called for the Shuttle to pick you up. Unfortunately as mentioned our pick up and drop offs are only the Major Disney Theme Parks: Down Town Disney and Disney Water Parks are not included. We are sorry to hear our team was not able to assist you.

We apologize for not meeting your expectations and we wish you had the opportunity to reach out to one of our management team to assist you with your suite as you had mentioned you were not pleased with.

Thank you for your time.

Mkahramane

Been to Nickelodeon Suites Resort? Share your experiences!