“Run! Do not waste your money!” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
$50 Resort Credit
Ranked #218 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
“Run! Do not waste your money!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Nickelodeon Resort to celebrate my little brothers birthday. First, they advertise the suites to sleep 6 people. There were 4 of us adults and one small child, the rooms are so unbelievably tiny it is insane. The online pictures are very misleading. They never left us enough towels or shampoo/ soap to accommodate the 5 people that were registered for the room. Our room was never cleaned on our 3 day stay until we called each NIGHT and complained. The hallways are always full of garbage bags from housekeeping and room service carts full the hallways and rain there all day! The mattresses are as thin as paper and you honestly feel like you are sleeping directly on springs. But the worst is the fact that my entire family is leaving itchy and with bites I am positive are from bed bugs! Upon starting to itch we read others online reviews and apparently bed bugs are a known issue here. Our safe never worked since checkin, we called and no one ever came all weekend. The pool is so over crowded and with no where near enough lounge chairs for the amount of guests at this hotel. And I say HOTEL because to advertise this place as a RESORT is just a flat out lie. For $250 per night they need (which is what it comes out to with all their "resort fees" we were expecting the equivalent of a Disney or Universal Resort. Do not waste your money or more importantly your family vacation at this place! Run!!

• Stayed July 2013
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Corttor,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We hope your little brother enjoyed his birthday with us.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. Our suites are 485 SQF as it is advertised on our website, and the two bedrooms kidsuite as the one you booked does sleep up to 6 People. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations.

We hope you had the opportunity to reach out to one of our Resort Services Management team to be able to assist you with your concerns and further investigate any of your concerns.

I invite you to contact us directly to answer any of your questions or concerns you may have.

Thank you.

Mkahramane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (804)
  • Korean first
Ringoes, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This place is made for kids!!! - while the rooms are totally basic they were clean and spacious with 2 Bedrooms (one with an adorable Sponge-Bob-themed mural across the wall), a Bath room, kitchenette and living area.

The pool is out of this world!!! It's really big, but hard to get a chair to put your things down. We had the chance to be "slimed" several times per day, and the water slides are great, too. There is also a quieter pool which was nice when we just wanted to relax. There were great shows, character meet/greets and activities for families as well. We really didn't utilize the food court, which had mostly take-out or eat in fast-food. Close to Disney, lots of restaurants, and 45 min from Legoland (which was our goal for the trip - they off offered a great package)

Room Tip: Rooms near the secondary pool tend to be quieter - as the main pool is full of kids until late in th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Laura A,

On behalf of all of us here at the resort, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing the Nickelodeon Suites Resort for your recent getaway.

We are pleased to hear we met your expectations and you enjoyed our unique amenities and all what we have to offer here at Nickelodeon Suites Resort. You are absolutely correct; the Nickelodeon Suites Resort is all about kids while we do keep adults in mind at all the time.
I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you and your family with any questions or requests you may have.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back to the Nickelodeon Suites Resort.

Aledo, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We intentionally arrived one day early for our Disney vacation to let our kids stay here for a night. I misunderstood and thought there was a complimentary shuttle from the airport. When I realized my mistake, I called their recommended shuttle service and not only were they gong to charge us $74 one way, but I was supposed to give 24 hours notice. so we rented a car to get to the hotel. We arrived and waited about an hour to check in. I got to the front finally and we could barely hear the staff member. The acoustics were terrible in the lobby. The pool areas were closed due to inclement weather (no big deal because lots more to do inside). During the wait to check in, we received literature About shuttles to and from Disney and Universal. We decided to go ahead and take the rental car back (across the street from downtown Disney) and then we would catch the shuttle back to the hotel. We went to dinner and I called the hotel to find out where to catch the shuttle, and I was told we should have a boarding pass from when we initially rode the shuttle. I explained our situation, told them we had resort wristbands, and was told they cannot do anything about it. I kept explaining the situation and we had already checked into the hotel, had the wristbands (thanks to the resort fee), and was put on hold. Then I was disconnected. I called back, went through it all again with a second person, told that was their policy, finally told to hold while he spoke with his manager. He came back online and said there was absolutely nothing he could do about it for us. (A quick boarding pass emailed to our phone or texted, etc would have been a quick and easy courtesy fix). He gave us the number to their recommended transportation service (again), but (again), we needed 24 hour notice. So we piled in a cab and paid to travel back to the hotel.

Got to hotel, and pool was reopened. We saw that the ninja turtles were there for a character photo so we took our son and after looking for the one pool entrance, we finally got to the end of the line and was told they just closed the line to see the turtles. That wasn't the fault of the resort, of course, just added fire to our fury. I sat by the pool while two of our three children played. I was totally disgusted by the pool. Not only did it smell terrible, the water was truly disgusting. There were so many people and I really didn't see a lot of lifeguards. I know they were there, of course, but my point is that it was so crowded, we could barely find them. We finally got back to our room and it smelled terrible too. The water in the bathroom shower and sink smelled like rotten eggs, the shower curtain was gross and old, hair in the tub, and the room just seemed lacking. We did call housekeeping for pillows that were missing from the foldout sofa bed, and they eventually came with what we asked. We paid 244 for one night and cannot wait to get out. It was just a gross experience all around and so disappointing to both myself and my husband and especially even to our kids. The outside of the hotel needs upkeep: basic painting, repairs, nick character signs are all faded, etc.

My husband and I are both self employed and if we ran our businesses like this, we would absolutely go bankrupt. Not sure why this hotel is allowed to get away with having so little pride in their resort. Can't wait to get to our Disney hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear JGBeck,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. We hope the kids enjoyed their short visit. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your visit. We apologize for any misunderstanding about the shuttle to and from the Airport. As you know, there is a complimentary scheduled shuttle to and from the Major Disney Theme Parks as well as Universal, Island of Adventure and Sea World.

You had mentioned you dropped your rental across from Down Town Disney and called for the Shuttle to pick you up. Unfortunately as mentioned our pick up and drop offs are only the Major Disney Theme Parks: Down Town Disney and Disney Water Parks are not included. We are sorry to hear our team was not able to assist you.

We apologize for not meeting your expectations and we wish you had the opportunity to reach out to one of our management team to assist you with your suite as you had mentioned you were not pleased with.

Thank you for your time.

Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We booked our stay after seeing a great offer through Travelzoo. I doubt we could of found a 1 bedroom suite for the price we paid here. Check-in line was long but our room was ready 30 mins early which was great after our long drive. Our kids loved the pool area and there was plenty to do that was included in the "resort fee". The zero entry pool was great and having water slides that didn't end in the deep end of the pool was wonderful since our 5 yr old who is learning to swim could do the slides on his own. We loved having our own bedroom and the 3 tvs made it easy for the kids, teens and adults to enjoy downtime before bed. The room was clean and staff was friendly. Our room was not pool side and was quiet. We saved some $$ by taking advantage of the fridge in the room and doing a timeshare presentation for discount theme park tickets. Our family would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear clynch,

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share you experience. We are delighted to hear you took advantage of our summer promotion with our partners Travelzoo. You may also sign up on our website to receive further promotions.

We are delighted to hear your kids enjoyed our pools and slides as well as our suites and its amenities.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your check in time; your comments were shared with our management team to further follow up.

Once again, thank you and staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Nickelodeon Suites Resort.

St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Third time here and the best! Check- in process needs help, but after that- its wonderful. OUR NAME POPPED UP ON THE TV WHEN WE GOT TO THE ROOM. I'm sorry that some had smelly room problems, but we stayed right near the smaller Oasis pool and it was great.
I love the water parks and the 4D movies. My son brought PS3 and I called to have some help setting it up- they came in 10 minutes. Front Desk called to see if everything was ok. I requested extra items from housekeeping- came right away. Again, Front Desk called to check on us. Restaurant is good, however, beware of the food at the foodcourt. Not really good- we ate dinner out.
Lots of fun for the kids; pool games exciting and the night shows are great. Very relaxing stay.
People shouldn't complain when pool closes for maintenence for 45 minutes every day. Go in and cool off with a 4D movie! Express Check out is great!

Dear Juliet R,

On behalf of all of us here at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased to hear we met your expectations and you enjoyed your stay with us as you have done in the past two visits.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities and our team members were helpful and always willing to assist at all the times.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly see that any of your requests are honored and your stay goes as planned.

Linden, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was extremely disappointed with our stay at the NickHotel. I'll start with our room: It smelled like mold. We arrived to our room an hour after our key was ready and someone was steam cleaning the carpet. Suspicious??!? There was visible mold in the bathroom and on the lamp shade. There were stains on the curtains, sofa, recliner and both kitchen chairs. There was a bug crawling on the false bed cover(green at end of bed). I didn't feel comfortable walking barefoot or sitting on the furniture or floor without a towel.

Hotel cleanliness: There was garbage in the hallways that we cleaned up after it sat there for at least 10 hours. The housekeeping carts were left in the hall for the entire days we were there. We watched others take extra towels, cups and kleenex from them.
Pools: Kids LOVED the pool and slides. Evening movie could have used another screen so more people could view it. The pools were cloudy(??) Charging $5 for a pool towel is ridiculous. I was short one at one time and we saw the adult woman take it off our chair. We were traveling for two weeks and did not pack our own towels. We would have lliked the pools to have opened earlier in the day. On the day of our departure we expected to play for a couple hours but noticed the slides open 15 minutes before check out time. I had to tell my suited up and ready to play twin 8 year olds that Mommy lied about letting them play on the slides before checking out. My mistake for not reading the schedule but it seems stingy

The Mall/gift shop: Character meet and greet were the reason for staying at this hotel. We were disappointed that the character dinner isn't available every night. Everything was extremely overpriced!!! The costs for things at the gift shops, food mall and arcade were more then our Moderate Disney resort.

Customer Service: My daughter lost her tooth and there was no simple special letter available. "I lost my tooth at the NickHotel" Waiting in line for both check in, then to pick up key and check out were too long. Whenever I asked a question at Guest services I was asked over and over about going to a time share presentation. I would never want to be part owner of this quality of hotel.

I'm extremely disappointed in the NickHotel but it may be because I was expecting similar quality to Disney's value resorts. We booked this hotel six months ago and we were all very excited to try it for a couple days after our Disney cruise. Our expectations must have been too high. Possibly this is more of an overall management problem. We will be returning to staying at the Disney Value resorts when we are in need of a budget fun hotel.

Dear TabithaFB,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. We are delighted to hear the kids enjoyed the pools, the slides and the movie playing by the pool. We hope they had the opportunity to enjoy the rest of the amenities offered here at the Resort. We are very pleased to hear you were able to check in before noon time and got to enjoy the amenities before our regular check in time.

We would like to extend our sincere apologies if we did not meet you expectations. You comments were shared with our management team to further follow up with their respective areas. We are sorry to hear that items were left in the hallway for a long period of time. These items are to be picked up as soon as possible as we do have team members at all shifts taking care of this. In regards to the Housekeeping Carts, those are used by our suites attendants and left outside the suite while cleaning, and placed outside the unit been cleaned at the time. We apologize if this was an inconvenience to you and your family. We are sorry to hear you did not have a chance to read the 411, our information sheet, about the hours of operations for the slides. We hope your child was able to enjoy the pool and the slides the day of check out. I took the liberty and checked your account and did not see any charges about the pool towels being applied to your account.

In regards to the meet and greet, we have it scheduled throughout the day at different times and difference Characters, these times are available on the 411 issued at the time of check in which has all of the activities and hours of operations for all of our outlets. We have a daily Character Breakfast and Antonio’s Pizza Rama Dinner, 3 times a week, where you can meet the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

We wish you had the opportunity to reach out to one of our management team to further assist you during your stay with your concerns so you may had the chance to enjoy the hotel and its amenities much more.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and we are very sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit.

Glen Ridge, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at the resort for three days and upon check-in were greeted by an overwhelming smell of chlorine as we walked into our first-floor room. We tried to switch rooms, but as it was the weekend were unable to get into another room. The suite was nice, though it seemed a little dated but the kids loved their SpongeBob room with the bunks. You could tell we were right next to the pool as it smelled damp everywhere in the room.

The kids loved the pool, but it like controlled chaos. We had a hard time pulling the kids from the room and the pool as they loved being there. For the cost of the resort and the quality of the room and facilities I would recommend a Disney All-Star Resort over this, thought the draw of SpongeBob for the kids is hard to beat

Room Tip: Stay away from first floor rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear wstites,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased to hear the children had a great time enjoyed our amenities.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience encountered and also for not meeting your expectations and sorry they were able to switch your suite that night. We have shared your comments with our housekeeping management team to further follow up with your comments and to make sure it is taken care of and it does not happen in the future.

I invite you to please contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would personally see that your stay goes as you wish and you do not come across any of the deficiencies you encountered during your previous stay.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and look forward to welcoming you back in hope we may have the chance to restore your faith in our resort.

Mkahramane

Been to Nickelodeon Suites Resort? Share your experiences!