“Great Fun with kids” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #211 of 329 hotels in Orlando
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great Fun with kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Third time here and the best! Check- in process needs help, but after that- its wonderful. OUR NAME POPPED UP ON THE TV WHEN WE GOT TO THE ROOM. I'm sorry that some had smelly room problems, but we stayed right near the smaller Oasis pool and it was great.
I love the water parks and the 4D movies. My son brought PS3 and I called to have some help setting it up- they came in 10 minutes. Front Desk called to see if everything was ok. I requested extra items from housekeeping- came right away. Again, Front Desk called to check on us. Restaurant is good, however, beware of the food at the foodcourt. Not really good- we ate dinner out.
Lots of fun for the kids; pool games exciting and the night shows are great. Very relaxing stay.
People shouldn't complain when pool closes for maintenence for 45 minutes every day. Go in and cool off with a 4D movie! Express Check out is great!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Juliet R,

On behalf of all of us here at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased to hear we met your expectations and you enjoyed your stay with us as you have done in the past two visits.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities and our team members were helpful and always willing to assist at all the times.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly see that any of your requests are honored and your stay goes as planned.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back to the Nickelodeon Suites Resort.

2,633 people have reviewed this hotel

2096
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
  • Korean first
Linden, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was extremely disappointed with our stay at the NickHotel. I'll start with our room: It smelled like mold. We arrived to our room an hour after our key was ready and someone was steam cleaning the carpet. Suspicious??!? There was visible mold in the bathroom and on the lamp shade. There were stains on the curtains, sofa, recliner and both kitchen chairs. There was a bug crawling on the false bed cover(green at end of bed). I didn't feel comfortable walking barefoot or sitting on the furniture or floor without a towel.

Hotel cleanliness: There was garbage in the hallways that we cleaned up after it sat there for at least 10 hours. The housekeeping carts were left in the hall for the entire days we were there. We watched others take extra towels, cups and kleenex from them.
Pools: Kids LOVED the pool and slides. Evening movie could have used another screen so more people could view it. The pools were cloudy(??) Charging $5 for a pool towel is ridiculous. I was short one at one time and we saw the adult woman take it off our chair. We were traveling for two weeks and did not pack our own towels. We would have lliked the pools to have opened earlier in the day. On the day of our departure we expected to play for a couple hours but noticed the slides open 15 minutes before check out time. I had to tell my suited up and ready to play twin 8 year olds that Mommy lied about letting them play on the slides before checking out. My mistake for not reading the schedule but it seems stingy

The Mall/gift shop: Character meet and greet were the reason for staying at this hotel. We were disappointed that the character dinner isn't available every night. Everything was extremely overpriced!!! The costs for things at the gift shops, food mall and arcade were more then our Moderate Disney resort.

Customer Service: My daughter lost her tooth and there was no simple special letter available. "I lost my tooth at the NickHotel" Waiting in line for both check in, then to pick up key and check out were too long. Whenever I asked a question at Guest services I was asked over and over about going to a time share presentation. I would never want to be part owner of this quality of hotel.

I'm extremely disappointed in the NickHotel but it may be because I was expecting similar quality to Disney's value resorts. We booked this hotel six months ago and we were all very excited to try it for a couple days after our Disney cruise. Our expectations must have been too high. Possibly this is more of an overall management problem. We will be returning to staying at the Disney Value resorts when we are in need of a budget fun hotel.

Dear TabithaFB,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. We are delighted to hear the kids enjoyed the pools, the slides and the movie playing by the pool. We hope they had the opportunity to enjoy the rest of the amenities offered here at the Resort. We are very pleased to hear you were able to check in before noon time and got to enjoy the amenities before our regular check in time.

We would like to extend our sincere apologies if we did not meet you expectations. You comments were shared with our management team to further follow up with their respective areas. We are sorry to hear that items were left in the hallway for a long period of time. These items are to be picked up as soon as possible as we do have team members at all shifts taking care of this. In regards to the Housekeeping Carts, those are used by our suites attendants and left outside the suite while cleaning, and placed outside the unit been cleaned at the time. We apologize if this was an inconvenience to you and your family. We are sorry to hear you did not have a chance to read the 411, our information sheet, about the hours of operations for the slides. We hope your child was able to enjoy the pool and the slides the day of check out. I took the liberty and checked your account and did not see any charges about the pool towels being applied to your account.

In regards to the meet and greet, we have it scheduled throughout the day at different times and difference Characters, these times are available on the 411 issued at the time of check in which has all of the activities and hours of operations for all of our outlets. We have a daily Character Breakfast and Antonio’s Pizza Rama Dinner, 3 times a week, where you can meet the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

We wish you had the opportunity to reach out to one of our management team to further assist you during your stay with your concerns so you may had the chance to enjoy the hotel and its amenities much more.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and we are very sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit.

Glen Ridge, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at the resort for three days and upon check-in were greeted by an overwhelming smell of chlorine as we walked into our first-floor room. We tried to switch rooms, but as it was the weekend were unable to get into another room. The suite was nice, though it seemed a little dated but the kids loved their SpongeBob room with the bunks. You could tell we were right next to the pool as it smelled damp everywhere in the room.

The kids loved the pool, but it like controlled chaos. We had a hard time pulling the kids from the room and the pool as they loved being there. For the cost of the resort and the quality of the room and facilities I would recommend a Disney All-Star Resort over this, thought the draw of SpongeBob for the kids is hard to beat

Room Tip: Stay away from first floor rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear wstites,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased to hear the children had a great time enjoyed our amenities.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience encountered and also for not meeting your expectations and sorry they were able to switch your suite that night. We have shared your comments with our housekeeping management team to further follow up with your comments and to make sure it is taken care of and it does not happen in the future.

I invite you to please contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would personally see that your stay goes as you wish and you do not come across any of the deficiencies you encountered during your previous stay.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and look forward to welcoming you back in hope we may have the chance to restore your faith in our resort.

Santa Clara, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at the NIckelodeon Suites. The check in process was very long relative to just about every other hotel I've ever stayed at. We waited at least 20 minutes and I was told that the line was out the door in the past and that my wait was short relative to what it was usually like. We got into our room and I could tell that the carpet was really in need of replacement and a thorough cleaning.

Walking around the resort, I saw lots of maintenance issues like paint chipping off of walls, rust, and just an overall lack of investment in the property.

On the positive side, my kids loved the pool and I had trouble tearing them away from free movies shown poolside.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mason S,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments. We are pleased to hear the kids enjoyed the pool and its activities.

We would like to extend our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. Your comments are very important to us and were shared with our management team to further follow up with their respective areas.

Once again, thank you and we look forward the opportunity to serving you in the future.

Syracuse, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

First off after my wife booked this hotel for an 8 day vaction from NY from july 4-11thI had read some mixed reviews and almost wished we stayed at Disney again instead, luckily we found out quickly how untrue all those bad reviews were once we arrived. This hotel was even better than the moderate hotel we stayed at Disney, the rooms are extremely large and very clean. This hotel was a big party from morning to night. We booked a character breakfast and dinner and were extremely happy with our food and service and experience. We had 3 day theme park tickets but kept wanting to end our days early at theme parks so we could get back to the party at the nick hotel.
We got to be on the Double Dare game show and had an amazing blast and a laugh, my kids ages 7 and 10 just couldn't wait for the mass sliming daily. We loved having subway at the hotel, it gave us a cheap alternate for food without wasting time to leave the hotel for food. I was pleased with the fitness room as well, being a runner i was happy to find at least 3 treadmills and an empty room every day. Overall it was a blast! Would recommend to anyone with kids between ages 3 and 12. My only regret was I wish we booked it for 14 days instead of 8. The best vacation we ever had and we stayed twice in last 3 years at Disney moderate hotels so that is what I can compare this one to.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear mjacob75,

On behalf of all of us here at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your candid experience. We are pleased to hear you made the decision to stay with us despite some of the reviews.

We are pleased to hear you we were able to meet your expectations and you were pleased with your accommodations and our food court services and amenities.
We are happy to hear you were also pleased with our amenities and our daily activities going on and that you were able to be part of the Double Dare show, I am sure it did bring some great memories.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back to the Nickelodeon Suites Resort and hope this will be your home away from home when visiting the Central Florida area.

Warm Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Was staying at a different hotel ,but didn't feel safe so we moved to the Nick hotel! It was very safe and the children loved the water slides,pools,getting slimed and breakfast with spongebob! It is very close to Disney! The only negative was the cost was higher than the other hotel and the made service came very early for us!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear lisa42103,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share you experience. We are delighted to hear you felt safe and the children loved their stay from the slides to the Character breakfast with Sponge Bob and Friends. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the other propriety.

I invite you to visit our website and sign up for special offers. If you are a Florida Resident please sign up for our Florida Club.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any questions and any request you may have to make your future stays more enjoyable.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Me my husband and daughter stayed here in June with another family. We were in building 3 by the smaller pool. It was never over packed and didn't open until noon so no screaming children waking you up to early.Our room was recently renovated with newer chair and couch in the room. I can see why other reviews might state that the place is dirty since our friends had an older room with dirty looking chair and couch. The bigger pool with the slime my family never went to cause our friends stated it was too packed and very loud. My advice would be to ask for a new room and get a room closer to the smaller pool were its quieter. Also there is only one elevator per building so ask for a room on a lower level not on the first floor because of too much foot traffic but low enough that you can use the stairs. Over all it wasn't a bad experience remember it is geared towards children not adults. The area is close to downtown disney and the parks. I never felt unsafe here unlike Coco Key Hotel on i4. I wrote a review on that place too would stay at nickelodeon if you are debating between the two.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear KWButterfly,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased to hear you were pleased with your accommodation and got to enjoy our Oasis pool. We also hope you enjoyed the rest of our amenities while here. We are pleased to hear you felt safe while here.

All of our suites go through preventive maintenance through the year, some of the suite may be used more than others due to the theming and the location and those suites may get more preventive maintenance than the rest of other as we do have a scheduled preventive maintenance throughout the year. I would like to ask you to please extend our sincere apologies to your friends for any inconvenience with their suite.

I invite you to contact me next time you or your friends plan your trip to the area. I would gladly assist you with any questions and any requests you may have to make your stay more enjoyable.

Mkahramane

Been to Nickelodeon Suites Resort? Share your experiences!