I was extremely disappointed with our stay at the NickHotel. I'll start with our room: It smelled like mold. We arrived to our room an hour after our key was ready and someone was steam cleaning the carpet. Suspicious??!? There was visible mold in the bathroom and on the lamp shade. There were stains on the curtains, sofa, recliner and both kitchen chairs. There was a bug crawling on the false bed cover(green at end of bed). I didn't feel comfortable walking barefoot or sitting on the furniture or floor without a towel.
Hotel cleanliness: There was garbage in the hallways that we cleaned up after it sat there for at least 10 hours. The housekeeping carts were left in the hall for the entire days we were there. We watched others take extra towels, cups and kleenex from them.
Pools: Kids LOVED the pool and slides. Evening movie could have used another screen so more people could view it. The pools were cloudy(??) Charging $5 for a pool towel is ridiculous. I was short one at one time and we saw the adult woman take it off our chair. We were traveling for two weeks and did not pack our own towels. We would have lliked the pools to have opened earlier in the day. On the day of our departure we expected to play for a couple hours but noticed the slides open 15 minutes before check out time. I had to tell my suited up and ready to play twin 8 year olds that Mommy lied about letting them play on the slides before checking out. My mistake for not reading the schedule but it seems stingy
The Mall/gift shop: Character meet and greet were the reason for staying at this hotel. We were disappointed that the character dinner isn't available every night. Everything was extremely overpriced!!! The costs for things at the gift shops, food mall and arcade were more then our Moderate Disney resort.
Customer Service: My daughter lost her tooth and there was no simple special letter available. "I lost my tooth at the NickHotel" Waiting in line for both check in, then to pick up key and check out were too long. Whenever I asked a question at Guest services I was asked over and over about going to a time share presentation. I would never want to be part owner of this quality of hotel.
I'm extremely disappointed in the NickHotel but it may be because I was expecting similar quality to Disney's value resorts. We booked this hotel six months ago and we were all very excited to try it for a couple days after our Disney cruise. Our expectations must have been too high. Possibly this is more of an overall management problem. We will be returning to staying at the Disney Value resorts when we are in need of a budget fun hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join SpongeBob SquarePants,Dora the Explorer and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on a family adventure to Nickelodeon Suites Resort in Orlando, Florida. This high-energy resort, set on 24 beautiful acres in Orlando’s theme park district, is the ultimate kid’s destination—where the whole family plays. From basketball to mini golf and water parks to a mass SLIMING, families will always find activities under the sun at Nickelodeon Suites Resort. And inside, stop by the Mall to meet Nickelodeon characters or visit Studio Nick for nightly live shows like Double Dare LIVE! These activities and more are included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Nickelodeon Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nickelodeon Family Hotel Nick
- Nickelodeon Family Resort Nick
- Nickelodeon Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Nick Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn