“Kids loved it... my wife and I not so much.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 20% Now!
Ranked #219 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Glen Ridge, New Jersey
“Kids loved it... my wife and I not so much.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at the resort for three days and upon check-in were greeted by an overwhelming smell of chlorine as we walked into our first-floor room. We tried to switch rooms, but as it was the weekend were unable to get into another room. The suite was nice, though it seemed a little dated but the kids loved their SpongeBob room with the bunks. You could tell we were right next to the pool as it smelled damp everywhere in the room.

The kids loved the pool, but it like controlled chaos. We had a hard time pulling the kids from the room and the pool as they loved being there. For the cost of the resort and the quality of the room and facilities I would recommend a Disney All-Star Resort over this, thought the draw of SpongeBob for the kids is hard to beat

Room Tip: Stay away from first floor rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear wstites,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased to hear the children had a great time enjoyed our amenities.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience encountered and also for not meeting your expectations and sorry they were able to switch your suite that night. We have shared your comments with our housekeeping management team to further follow up with your comments and to make sure it is taken care of and it does not happen in the future.

I invite you to please contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would personally see that your stay goes as you wish and you do not come across any of the deficiencies you encountered during your previous stay.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and look forward to welcoming you back in hope we may have the chance to restore your faith in our resort.

Mkahramane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (857)
  • Korean first
Santa Clara, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at the NIckelodeon Suites. The check in process was very long relative to just about every other hotel I've ever stayed at. We waited at least 20 minutes and I was told that the line was out the door in the past and that my wait was short relative to what it was usually like. We got into our room and I could tell that the carpet was really in need of replacement and a thorough cleaning.

Walking around the resort, I saw lots of maintenance issues like paint chipping off of walls, rust, and just an overall lack of investment in the property.

On the positive side, my kids loved the pool and I had trouble tearing them away from free movies shown poolside.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mason S,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments. We are pleased to hear the kids enjoyed the pool and its activities.

We would like to extend our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. Your comments are very important to us and were shared with our management team to further follow up with their respective areas.

Once again, thank you and we look forward the opportunity to serving you in the future.

Syracuse, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

First off after my wife booked this hotel for an 8 day vaction from NY from july 4-11thI had read some mixed reviews and almost wished we stayed at Disney again instead, luckily we found out quickly how untrue all those bad reviews were once we arrived. This hotel was even better than the moderate hotel we stayed at Disney, the rooms are extremely large and very clean. This hotel was a big party from morning to night. We booked a character breakfast and dinner and were extremely happy with our food and service and experience. We had 3 day theme park tickets but kept wanting to end our days early at theme parks so we could get back to the party at the nick hotel.
We got to be on the Double Dare game show and had an amazing blast and a laugh, my kids ages 7 and 10 just couldn't wait for the mass sliming daily. We loved having subway at the hotel, it gave us a cheap alternate for food without wasting time to leave the hotel for food. I was pleased with the fitness room as well, being a runner i was happy to find at least 3 treadmills and an empty room every day. Overall it was a blast! Would recommend to anyone with kids between ages 3 and 12. My only regret was I wish we booked it for 14 days instead of 8. The best vacation we ever had and we stayed twice in last 3 years at Disney moderate hotels so that is what I can compare this one to.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear mjacob75,

On behalf of all of us here at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your candid experience. We are pleased to hear you made the decision to stay with us despite some of the reviews.

We are pleased to hear you we were able to meet your expectations and you were pleased with your accommodations and our food court services and amenities.
We are happy to hear you were also pleased with our amenities and our daily activities going on and that you were able to be part of the Double Dare show, I am sure it did bring some great memories.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back to the Nickelodeon Suites Resort and hope this will be your home away from home when visiting the Central Florida area.

Warm Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Was staying at a different hotel ,but didn't feel safe so we moved to the Nick hotel! It was very safe and the children loved the water slides,pools,getting slimed and breakfast with spongebob! It is very close to Disney! The only negative was the cost was higher than the other hotel and the made service came very early for us!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear lisa42103,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share you experience. We are delighted to hear you felt safe and the children loved their stay from the slides to the Character breakfast with Sponge Bob and Friends. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the other propriety.

I invite you to visit our website and sign up for special offers. If you are a Florida Resident please sign up for our Florida Club.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any questions and any request you may have to make your future stays more enjoyable.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back to the Nickelodeon Suites Resort.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Me my husband and daughter stayed here in June with another family. We were in building 3 by the smaller pool. It was never over packed and didn't open until noon so no screaming children waking you up to early.Our room was recently renovated with newer chair and couch in the room. I can see why other reviews might state that the place is dirty since our friends had an older room with dirty looking chair and couch. The bigger pool with the slime my family never went to cause our friends stated it was too packed and very loud. My advice would be to ask for a new room and get a room closer to the smaller pool were its quieter. Also there is only one elevator per building so ask for a room on a lower level not on the first floor because of too much foot traffic but low enough that you can use the stairs. Over all it wasn't a bad experience remember it is geared towards children not adults. The area is close to downtown disney and the parks. I never felt unsafe here unlike Coco Key Hotel on i4. I wrote a review on that place too would stay at nickelodeon if you are debating between the two.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear KWButterfly,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased to hear you were pleased with your accommodation and got to enjoy our Oasis pool. We also hope you enjoyed the rest of our amenities while here. We are pleased to hear you felt safe while here.

All of our suites go through preventive maintenance through the year, some of the suite may be used more than others due to the theming and the location and those suites may get more preventive maintenance than the rest of other as we do have a scheduled preventive maintenance throughout the year. I would like to ask you to please extend our sincere apologies to your friends for any inconvenience with their suite.

I invite you to contact me next time you or your friends plan your trip to the area. I would gladly assist you with any questions and any requests you may have to make your stay more enjoyable.

Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

my granddaughter's 7th birthday wow spongebob was the best then turtles theme weekend and antonio's buffet and show singing and dancing turtle pictures,french fries by the pool getting slimmed the double dare show character spots to take pictures with them,lagoon stage afernoon entertainment new paint so bright i cannot wait to go back.arts and crafts by the pool why would you stay there and go any where else you only need the nickelodeon resort.

Room Tip: we haved stayed 2 times #630 and #724 the views were great and no noise at all accesible to elevato...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear dfantacy,

On behalf of all of us here at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased to hear we met your expectations and your granddaughter’s 7th birthday. We are delighted to be part of it and able to make it the best ever.

Once again, thank you and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Nickelodeon Suite Resort for her 8th birthday and may be even before that.

Anderson, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

If you're looking for posh pampering at an upscale resort, keep looking for a different hotel. Nick Suites is amazing IF you have a young attitude. Check-in takes an eternity, the paint is faded from the sun, and décor needs updating, and the fitness center is teeny, but every kid loved green slime and goofy poolside entertainment. My kids (13 & 9) didn't care if the elevators were slow and food court cuisine was overpriced because they only wanted to play putt-putt, pool, swim in the Lagoon pool, and get slimed. The good: close to Disney & other parks, spacious rooms with living rooms and kitchenettes, comfy beds, free theme park transportation, helpful staff, vigilant lifeguards, free poolside entertainment, awesome pools, ample parking, free internet. The bad: slow elevators, most kids activities cost additional fees, resort fee ($30 daily), inadequate fitness center for size of resort The UGLY: insane wait for check-in (bring a book or smart phone), outrageous rates (find a great deal or special online), overpriced food and entertainment ($24 SpongeBob breakfast and $40 for bucket of slime) and stringent criteria for game participation. if being on Double Dare is important to you, please research the age & other requirements so your child can be selected to participate. Overall tip: Remember it is for the kids!

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the Lagoon pool have cheaper rates.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear kayakdaddy,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear the children had a great time with us enjoying all of the amenities offered here at the Resort.

Nickelodeon Suites Resort is the ultimate kid-friendly vacation resort in Central Florida. From wild water parks to live Nickelodeon entertainment, you'll have the SLIME of your life!

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience encountered during your stay. Your comments were shared with our management team to further follow up with their respective areas.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any requests you may have to make your stay more enjoyable.

Mkahramane

Been to Nickelodeon Suites Resort? Share your experiences!