“Great Stay at the Nick Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 4 Nights
Ranked #211 of 329 hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“Great Stay at the Nick Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our family recently stayed at the Nick Hotel to celebrate our son's 8th birthday. This was our first time there and I must say it surpassed all of our expectations. Lounging by the pool made me feel like I was on a cruise. There were so many poolside activities for the kids, and for the adults there were even poolside massages being offered. It was also reassuring to see so many lifeguards on duty.

Overall, our stay was fantastic! We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: A room close to the pool was very convenient.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear cindye407,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time sharing your experience on Trip Adviser. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your son’s birthday with us. We look forward celebrating his future birthdays with us. We are also glad to hear you enjoyed your time by the pool and got to relax.

2,635 people have reviewed this hotel

2097
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
  • Korean first
miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a great time :) the kids loved the spongebob theme in their room. Our room was very confortable and clean. Lots of activities by the pool. You can save on your purchases for food and suvenear when you show your wristband.

Room Tip: don't forget to show your wristband to save money when you eat in
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear yeli1218,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts on Trip Adviser. We are pleased to hear you had a great time and the kids loved their themed suite. We are also pleased to hear you took advantage of our FLCLUB, because when booking and you mention you are a Florida resident and you book under the Florida club you receive several perks upon check in, again, the booking must be made under Florida Club.

Sarasota, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

After we had booked our 3 day trip, I was quite concerned once I had read some of the previous comments, especially about the possibility of bed bugs. But we only live an hour and a half from the resort, my eight year old daughter was already so excited about going, and I figured if it was bad we just would not ever go back. The first thing I did, before even carrying any luggage to our room, was take my flashlight I had brought with me to do some inspecting. We had a king bed in the master. I lifted all bedding, checking mattress and box springs, and behind the bed very well. No sign of ever having any bed bugs and in fact, the entire bed and box springs appeared to be somewhat new. The kids room had 2 twin beds and no problems there either. Same with the pull out couch. I had also read about nasty carpet, but our room's appeared pretty clean. Really the whole room was nice and clean. We were in room 1158 in building 11 5th floor. Great view of the Lagoon Pool! We thought everyone at the hotel was very nice and there were plenty of things for the kids to do. My 8 year old hardly ever got out of the pool and both her and my 15 year old really liked the arcade. Get to the pool early, because the lounge chairs get taken very quickly. We rented a cabana the second day, which was great! Our daughters are at the age where they don't need as much supervision, as they are both great swimmers and are quite well behaved. This made it nice for my husband and I to enjoy some adult beverages close by the pool, yet still be within a good distance of them. Yes, things are pricey, but what isn't in Orlando? You just have to know that going in, that everything is extra. No different than any Disney resorts. The only reason I didn't give it a full 5 stars is that I do think there needs to be some updating, but otherwise seemed clean. We would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Higher room on far end has no traffic
Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jenny D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Adviser. We are delighted to hear the entire family enjoyed their stay and had a great time. We are pleased to hear we exceeded your expectation and to experience it on your own and see what we have to offer.

I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly assist you with any request to make your stay more enjoyable and more comfortable.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

There are so many things to do you wont need to even leave your hotel. The game shows, the slim, the pools, face painting, 3D movies. The rooms are very nice and kid friendly. We enjoyed our stay. Check in was easy, check out easy. Very safe as well. All guests must have a wrist band

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear tracyfrogger,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for the details of our amenities. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and all of our amenities.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

After reading all of the negative reviews for this hotel, I was a bit nervous to go there. My wife and I took my 11yr old son, 7yr old and 4yr old daughters. We arrived on Wed 2/27 in the afternoon and the check in was fast and easy. Went to our rooms, bathing suits on and out the door to the pool. I felt he pool area was very clean, no signs of mold that I could see and the kids were having a great time. My son and I signed up to be in the Double Dare show, not really thinking there was a great chance for us to be picked. Well, we were and were going that night. Had a great time.

I'm not going to get into everything we did, but I will say this....the kids loved it and had a great time. We had the character breakfast and even though a bit pricey, they got to see and dance with some of their favorite characters. On Saturday night we did the Ninja Turtle dinner and once again they couldn't stop smiling. The turtles take the time to come to your table, show you heir "Ninja Moves" and dance.

At night, they have a small bar for adults to relax and have a few drinks. It is about 15 yards from the game room...good thinking!

The rooms were clean, no signs of mold anywhere in there. The water pressure was a bit low so showers weren't great, but overall we had a great time. I would recommend taking the kids there, at least once, so they can experience the atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear dazz34,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time sharing your experience on Trip Adviser. We are pleased to hear you booked and were able to experience what we have to offer despite some of the reviews. We delighted you enjoyed all of our amenities and you took part in some of them. It is a unique resort where you could experience all for a theme park feel with all of the entertainment, Character experience, 4D experience, Arcade, Water Park experience with our unique Lagoon and Oasis pool with their features.

I invite you to contact me next time when you plan your trip; I would gladly assist you with any request you may have to make your stay more enjoyable.

Hobe Sound, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was our second time at Nickelodeon. We went to Orlando for the parks, and stayed here, hoping to get some pool time in, but it was too cold. We were told the pools were heated, but really not the case. The rooms are perfect size! We brought a friend this time, so he was able to have the "kids" bedroom, while my husband and i slept in the private master br (REALLY comfortable bed), and our daughter on the pull out couch in the living area. That worked out really well. We attended the live "Doube Dare" show. Our daughter just turned 12, it was borderline too young for her - but the younger kids that were there, loved it. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a great place to hang out. There is a lot of activities, and the pool is a lot of fun for the kids. It was about a 15-20 minute drive from Universal Studios.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room that is near the pool!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear cnogal,

First of all, on behalf of all of us here at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort, we would like to thank you for your loyalty. We are delighted to hear you were pleased with your suite and its amenities. We hope you daughter enjoyed other amenities we offer. We are sorry to hear you did not get to enjoy the pool as you had planned. Our pools are heated, 82 degrees, along with the slides, the slides might not seem that way as the water goes out fast in the open so it gets colder fast, the pool will hold its temperature unless the outside temperature is very cold then it would affect the pool as well.

When you are ready to plan your next trip, I invite you to contact me and I would personally assist you to make your stay more enjoyable.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We just had an AMAZING vacation staying at the Nick Hotel - it was even better than last year (if that is even possible!) We had non-stop fun at the hotel and actually scheduled time into our vacation to be at the hotel so we could enjoy all of the wonderful ammenities - AMAZING pool/slides, mini-golf and mall next door with Dora storytime and Double Dare night family show! And the suite was perfect - the kids loved their room so much :) We hated to leave but are already looking forward to coming back next spring :) Thanks Nick Hotel for an AWESOME trip AGAIN!!! :) The Price Family

• Stayed March 2013
Dear sgprice,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Nickelodeon Suites Resort and for taking the time to share your experience. We are always pleased to see our guests returning and enjoying themselves again and again.

We are sorry to hear you hated to leave but remember there is next spring.

Again thank you and look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Mkahramane

Been to Nickelodeon Suites Resort? Share your experiences!