“Lots of fun!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #218 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Savannah, Georgia, United States
“Lots of fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Our room was quiet and comfortable, although the furnishings are a bit outdated. We were located near the mall and bus so it was extremely easy getting to everything. My 4 and 10 year olds were entertained with the arcade, shows, and 4D movies when we returned from the theme parks. The 10 year old wasn't thrilled with the top bunk, but was fine in the pullout sofa. My 4 year old LOVED the Ninja Turtle dinner and while it was a bit cold for swimming, the kids went anyway. (Thank goodness for heated pools!) We got an excellent deal and felt it was a good value. Going in late Feb/early March was a plus as it was not too crowded. I don't know that I would haved loved it as much if we would have had to wait for everything or couldn't get into shows.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Erica P,

Thank you so much for your candid review and comments about your stay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed everything we offer here at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort. We are sorry to hear your son did not enjoy the bunk bed and choose to sleep on the pullout bed. Just remember in the future we do have suites with Twin Beds in the kids’ room, this way he has his own room. Our pools are always heated and glad to hear you enjoyed them as well. Do not forget to sign up for on our website for specials and great deals so we may have the chance to see you more often.

If your plans ever bring you to the area, I invite you to contact me and I would gladly assist you with your requests.

Again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Mkahramane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (822)
  • Korean first
Pontiac, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Rooms are clean but property is definitely not Disney Property Quality. Staff is very enthusiastic and pool area was fun for kids but it was cold two days while we were there and it would have been nice to have other kids activities (crafts, etc) than the ones you have to pay for (4D rides and game room). This is a nice hotel with enthusiastic and helpful staff. The suite comfortable slept 6 and was perfect for grandma and grandpa to stay with us too. If you don't have high expectations and are just going for your kids to have fun, you will, but if you are used to Disney properties you might be a little disappointed. The $30 resort fee is also kind of annoying if you don't need to use any shuttles to the parks.

Room Tip: We stayed in a character suite with a pull out couch, twin beds and a queen bed. We asked for a roo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lisa M,

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad to hear the kids enjoyed and sorry the kids did not enjoy the pools as much due to the cold weather. We are pleased to hear you were pleased with our staff and also with your accommodation.

You comments were shared with our management team for further follow up with their respective areas.

If you ever plan your trip to the area, I invite you to contact me; I would gladly assist in making your future trip more enjoyable.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We had an amazing time! The shows were great, the water slides and pools are super fun, and the staff is wonderful. It is a safe and super fun place to stay. We will go back soon. Before we checked out we had already begun to plan our next stay at Nick:)

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Hawkmama,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time sharing your experience on Trip Adviser. We are delighted to hear you had an amazing time and were able to enjoy all of our amenities.

Please let us know when you are ready to book your next trip as we would be delighted to have you for more fun and help you plan your trip while here.

Again, thank you and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

So I definitely have mixed reviews about this trip. My husband and I personally did not care for the hotel as a whole. I definitely needs to be upgraded. The rooms are pretty boring (can't compare to a Disney hotel...even the budget ones). The pool slime was fun for the kids but it's not real slime. It's just green water. My kids on the other hand had a great time. My son enjoyed the game room and the few fun things they offer to entertain children. This is the only reason I can't give it a BAD review. It's meant for kids and the kids loved it. Adults on the other hand. It's a lot of money for the less than mediocre rooms that they offer and I must say the ambiance and mix of people that stayed there was a bit scary. I didn't like that they sell BEER and alcohol in the small hotel grocery store right next to the kids game room. Not necessary! It was ok to go there once and have the experience but I definitely wouldn't do it again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear elly0322,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are very pleased to hear the kids had a great time and enjoyed all what we have to offer. You are absolutely correct. This resort is geared towards kids but we do keep adults in mind as well.

We are very sorry to hear we did not meet your expectation.

Please do not hesitate to let us know next time your plans bring to the area, if there is anything we may be able to assist you in making your stay more enjoyable.

Brandon, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

What a horrible experience. Not only did they not honor my Livingsocial deal. My room was dirty, no shower curtain, no bags in the trash cans, tub dirty, lights not working, kids room very dirty and tv not working, and many other items dirty in the room. Pool gate was broken, my daughter go hurt due to faulty equipment. Managers and employes where rude and didn't care. TWO thumb downs. Character breakfast, waited over 20 minutes just to pay my bill. I am filling a report worth better business bureau and giving your a hotel a 0. I live in the Tampa bay area and both my husband and I are business others, we will let everything know are horrible experience there. Kids are not safe at your hotel and hotel guest are treated like crap.

sincerely a lost hotel guest/customer.

Room Tip: find another hotel please
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
QLTYTarvel, Resort Relations Director at Nickelodeon Suites Resort, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear raquel z,

Thank you for staying with us. We would like to extend our sincere apologies again for any inconvenience. I believe that after our conversation and explained to you what happened and the reservation was not booked properly as it was supposed to be booked under the correct code but our management still honored the credit which comes along with the original booking, and also our offer after we spoke, you were somehow pleased with.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I would not recommend this hotel. After waiting in line for about 30 minutes to check in. We finally gout out room. When we got in there, the TV in the kids bedroom wouldn't work, so they moved us to another room. The tV worked in this room but it was a very old TV and the color was going out on it. Also, when booking the hotel, it advertises characterized rooms. Our room was not characterized. I call the front deck to ask why it wasn't characterized, they told me because I had booked through a 3rd party(SeaWorld) that I didn't get one and had to pay an extra $25 a day to Benoit in one! Breakfast is not included! Paid $21 for me and my son to have breakfast. and he only ate fruit and yogurt!! You have to pay $17 for a 2nd car. The water pressure in the hotel was weak!! And while taking a shower the water wouldn't get any hotter than luke warm when it was 40 degrees outside. No blankets were on the beds, just sheets!! Had to call guest services to get some!! The hotel was clean and in a good location. But for the price that I had paid, it wasn't with it! I have staying in a lot better hotels/resorts that were less than what I paid here. I will not be going back. I can spend my money somewhere else that is also on a good location. I come to Orlando on a regular basic for pleasure and always stay at the same place until this time. I thought it would be fun for my son and it was. But like I said, the money that u have to spend on it IS NOT WORTH IT!! I do NOT recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Dwiley7587,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share you experience. We hope the kids enjoyed their stay and all of the amenities we offer here. We would like to extend our sincere apologies for any inconvenience encountered during your stay with the TV not working and also any confusion about the suite type you thought you booked. When booking through our partners, our guests may only book Superior 2 bedroom suites and not Deluxe 2 Bedroom themed suites. We certainly apologize for any confusion. None of our rates include breakfast except the Bed & Breakfast package. On our website on FAQ, you will be able to find answers to most FAQ and also when booking directly with us and we send confirmation emails, it states about 2nd vehicles. Our partners also have this information available. We apologize for not having enough blankets in your suite; each bed has a blanket between the sheets and if needed additional is available upon request. Please remember that each suite is equipped with its central Air/ Heat.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and if you are ever in the area, I invite you to contact me directly and I would gladly assist you in your future stay and making it a memorable one.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Kids enjoyed the vacation but they were expecting more activities. The mall area and shows were entertaining but all at an extra expense. We traveled with teens and pre-teens so the shows or atractions were for younger kids. Bedroom carpet was dirty and bathroom was small. Very close to atractions.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear HAYHA,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased to hear the kids enjoyed their vacation.

We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. We hope you had a chance to let one of our Resort Services Managers know so they may be able to assist you with any concerns you may have.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I may be able to assist you in the future to make your stay more enjoyable.

Mkahramane

Been to Nickelodeon Suites Resort? Share your experiences!