We stayed here from a Wednesday to Friday and had a lot of fun.
There is plenty of stuff to do at the hotel to keep the kids busy for a couple days.
Although there are 2 pools on site, only 1 was working while we were there; I think they close one of the pools during the off season which makes sense.
We stayed in a basic room, which was still nicely decorated. There were a mix of characters on the walls, and the kids bed sheeting was normal/basic. We decided not to get one of the premium rooms which was an additional $40 a night.
The room was small but nice. The kids room didn't have a door on it (something about building code) so, when our daughter was sleeping at night, we were basically locked in our room. But, it wasn't that bad because there was a tv and wifi for the laptop. Some people complain about the hotel being worth it because of how the rooms are wrecked. The only thing I can say is keep in mind that this whole hotel is designed for kids, so the room will get beat up from time to time. However, the hotel seems to do a great job of fixing things, and keeping everything looking nice.
I have a Sprint phone, and reception in the room wasn't that great. My wife has Verizon and her's was decent. My phone had a hard time getting the wifi signal from the hotel, but the laptop didn't have an issue.
The Lagoon pool was great. It is heated, and has a 0 in!! my daughter loved being able to go in and out of the pool without trouble. There is a kiddie pool area next to the main pool which is nice, but that pool isn't heated. So the water was really cold and my daughter didn't want to be there. The Lagoon is where the sliming is done. There is a giant slide area next to the main pool with about 3 or 4 slides and the giant bucket for the sliming.
On property is an area called the mall. There is about 7 or 8 different places inside the mall that consist of the Nick Toon Cafe, Nick Cyber area, Nick Arcade, Uno Pizza, misc. stores, Nick 4D theater, and a live theater area.
All places are really nice, but the cyber area needs to be worked on. Out of the 6 or 7 computers there, only 1 or 2 were working, and those only partially worked. The Nick Cafe has really good food & service. This is also where they do the character breakfast.
All in all, we liked staying here, and we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join SpongeBob SquarePants,Dora the Explorer and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on a family adventure to Nickelodeon Suites Resort in Orlando, Florida. This high-energy resort, set on 24 beautiful acres in Orlando’s theme park district, is the ultimate kid’s destination—where the whole family plays. From basketball to mini golf and water parks to a mass SLIMING, families will always find activities under the sun at Nickelodeon Suites Resort. And inside, stop by the Mall to meet Nickelodeon characters or visit Studio Nick for nightly live shows like Double Dare LIVE! These activities and more are included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Nickelodeon Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nickelodeon Family Hotel Nick
- Nickelodeon Family Resort Nick
- Nickelodeon Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Nick Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn