“Believe the bad reviews” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25% Now!
Ranked #218 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Surprise, Arizona
“Believe the bad reviews”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Typically I read these reviews and think gosh people are so picky. Cant they just enjoy their vacation? Well I ate my words with this one. The negative reviews are right! I am an easy going person and usually nothing bothers me but after a few days I was on my last nerve from the chaos, filth and nickel and diming me to death. First they were over an hour late getting us our room. Check-in was at 4 and we didnt get our room till 5pm. No biggie, even though we were sooo tired and just wanted to room after taking an overnight flight. They informed us we must also wear these obnoxious wrist bands at all times while on the property (really how classy). We were informed if we lost them we would be charged $25 a piece. Ok, because kids never lose anything (ha). The pool area was just gross, the chairs were filthy and they make you sign out pool towels, plus if they are not returned they charge you $10 a piece. The rooms were filthy, especially the bathroom. There was mold in the corner of the bathroom and under the toilet. The grout was rusty and simply looked dingy. The TV remote didnt work, the bed was uncomfortable and the people staying at this hotel were quite an interesting bunch to say the least. Our best friends came to visit us from Tampa and I let them in the parking lot with my room key, the security guard came and yelled at me. Apparently all guest are required to not only check in at the front desk but they also must pay $15 to park and come on the property. Really??? They are just coming to see us in a room we paid for for two hours. I have stayed a lot of places and never experienced this level of nickel and diming and poor customer service. So if you stay here be prepared for filth, weird people and poor customer service. Bring on the nickel and diming.... $25 resort fee, lose each band thats another $25, and $10 for each towel, if you want a Spongebob room another $25 a night and we were told $50 for every hour you go over after if you are not checked out by 11am, strictly enforced. Would never ever stay here again.....even our kids ages 6 and 10 didnt think it was that great.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (849)
  • Korean first
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We planned to stay at this hotel for six nights, but decided to leave a day early. The hotel itself is not in the best condition. In addition, the guest service is awful. It took the front desk almost half an hour to check us in. Then they didn't have our room ready for us until over 45 minutes after the check-in time. The following days were a series of disappointments with the hotel. They ended up doing maintenance work in some of the hallways, which required the guests to take long, circuitous routes to get to the hotel's "mall." In addition, after a long day at Disney, my wife and I returned with our three exhausted children (and my two-year old asleep in my arms), and were prohibited from walking down the hall we usually took to our room. The reason? There was a special function taking place in one of the rooms beside that hall. Instead of allowing an obviously exhausted family walk the 25 yards to the elevator, we were required to walk around the entire building in order to get to that same elevator! I was livid! I was prepared to overlook the fact that our room TVs weren't working well, and that our toilet had been leaking water out of its base for two days. But this last incident was the straw that broke this camel's back! So, I went to speak to the manager on duty. I expressed my disappointment with the treatment we'd received. The manager said he was sorry, but did nothing to make up for all of the poor service and treatment. If you have a choice for any other hotel near or around Disney, take it! Don't go to the Nickelodeon. It's a waste of your time and money!

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

My family and I went to Nick Hotel in September. Got a great deal and was happy that the hotel wasn't crowded at all. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, everyone we met (even when just walking down to dinner) stopped us to ask how our stay was. The kids (6 and 4) had a blast! The water park is very fun, but be prepared to get a lot of water up your nose. The food is decently priced for a resort, although the selection could be better. Add-ons are more pricey, but there is also a lot of things free, such as live shows. We stayed 4 nights and didn't encounter a single problem, other than not having enough time in the day! I definitely recommend Nick Hotel to everyone with youngish children.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
West Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We were having a great trip, it was our last night in the hotel room, we had to get up very early to catch our flight. My husband and I got up at 3:30am and much to my suprise I saw a cockroach run across the bedroom floor. Then my husband advised there was a huge one on the side of our tv in the bedroom. I was devastated--We left our room and went right to the front desk- I immediatley asked for a manager-was told the manager just left and the next one would be in at 7. I would have to call aftere that. I called when I got home to complain- the manager told me they would have to inspect the room and call me back. 12 hours later I called back and had another manager track the first one down to see what the outcome was--he advised me he didn't see any and they would treat the room...I advised him we wanted compensation for our stay-we got a $50 credit and had the nerve to offer me a discounted rate when we come next time-REALLY do you think we would ever stay there again-NOT!!!!! On another note the food was terrible --typically carnival food, the shuttles were not convenient, Seaworld shuttle was the worst--the park opened at 9 and their shuttle doesnt leave till 10:30 with 2 other hotel stops before you get there, and 1 shuttle to take home at 5:30-and if you miss it from any parks expect your cab ride to run you $15-25 before your tips. No shuttles to Downtown Disney. I am not a picky person but I had such high expectations for this hotel --very disappointing. Will never make the mistake of not staying inside Disney-so worth it to stay there.

Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

First of all, you can't help but be in a good mood with all those bright colors around you. We stayed in a family suite that had a kitchen in the middle and bedrooms on each side. Kids room was cute with murals on the wall, adult room was clean and comfortable. If you go in the summer, it's crowded. Favorite time is fall. And now, they have LEGOLAND packages so that's a cool feature. Stay here and ride a shuttle bus to Winter Haven. (We'll be checking out this option in a few weeks!) Kids loved the daily sliming by the pool and the pool amenities. Having restaurants on site and a theater was a great addition. The family show is interactive and actually fun for all. I didn't see the normal hotel rooms but I can tell you that the family suite was the way to go. Having extra room to stretch out and have some privacy is a great thing - and worth the money. It will save your sanity. There's also a Chick-fil-A around the corner so if you're looking for inexpensive meals, you can get a platter of nuggets and a gallon of tea in the drive-thru and bring it back to the resort and eat it by the pool or in the room. That worked out well for us. We didn't do the character breakfast on the last trip but will do it on the next one. Sorry we missed that. There are so many activities for kids/families. Stay as busy as you want. Or not! If you buy slime to bring home, be sure you put it in a ziploc for the ride home....lesson learned.

Room Tip: Being close to the big lagoon pool is not a bad thing. You can run in and out of your room if you fo...
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We were a little hesitant to stay here based on some of the recent negative reviews, but I am so glad I was swayed by my kids love for Nickelodeon. My family regularly stays in Marriott Hotels/Resorts so I know quality and the Nickelodeon exceeded my expectations. From beginning to end the staff made our vacation beyond perfect! For starter's I had booked a room on the Oasis side and made a request for 2 single beds (our boys are 1.5 yrs & 3.5 yrs). When are room was ready they indicated I was in a Lagoon room facing the pool & upon opening our doors we realized it was Spongebob themed. My kids couldn't have been more surprised. I actually called the front desk to verify that there hadn't been a mistake and they informed me they were accommodating my request as a courtesy. Based on the recent negative reviews I inspected my room with a fine toothed comb and found nothing but quality. In fact, I noticed a loose hinge on a cabinet and it was fixed w/i the hour. Also after calling housekeeping for blankets I received a follow up call from the communications department to make sure they were delivered to my liking (they were warm upon delivery btw). That's a briefing on the quality we received.

Regarding the amenities of the resort...my 3 year old was running in circles when he got to the pool. He couldn't figure out what to do. The pool is fabulous for all ages. If you want to get picky the slides/splash area could use a coat of paint, but it met the needs of an overexcited 3 year old just perfectly. With weather in the low 80's the water was a bit cold for my 1.5 year old, but he was just as happy in the zero depth pool. I found that the staff at the pool was very kid friendly and the other hotel guests were diligent in keeping an eye on their children which is always a nice surprise.

The mall was fun for evening entertainment. We purchase the 4D wristbands for unlimited movies...a little advanced for my youngest, but the 3 year old loved the movies. Also we saw both Krabby Patty Celebration and Slime Time Live. Both kids enjoyed the live shows (and I enjoyed participating as a contestant) and we were able to get front row seats for both. The gift shop souvenirs were very affordable too. We were able to meet the character's in the mall and the kids had a chance to interact with them since it wasn't too crowded. Though we also did the character breakfast which was awesome. The character's performed a dance and my boys got to follow them around the restaurant in a congo line. It is a little more interactive than the Disney ones we have attended & priced muchmore affordably.

In all the Nickelodeon Resort provided us with lifelong memories. If you are the high maintenance type you probably won't like it here, but if you are looking for an affordable resort that your kids will love I definitely recommend this place. We stayed for 5 days and when it was time to leave my kids couldn't stop crying & I felt the same way. We are already talking about coming back next year & have already planned an outing to Nickelodeon Universe in MN! My only advice is to visit in the off season...the prices are better, weather is better & less crowds everywhere you go!

Room Tip: We were in tower 10 and loved the location! Despite being next to the slides didn't find noise t...
Seffner, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

My kids had a blast and there was lots to do. However I was not impressed with our room there were ants in the kitchen area and not alot of space. The room was small for our liking. With the amount of money this hotel makes I really think there should be some major updates as far as the rooms go. We also felt the food was overpriced and wasnt all that great so we choose to eat away from the hotel. I have to say though I would visit again due to my kids having so much fun.

Room Tip: I dont think the character rooms are worth the extra money for a picture on the wall. I thought the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Nickelodeon Suites Resort? Share your experiences!