“Perfect Hotel for your Kids to be Loud and go Nutz!!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
5th Night FREE!
Ranked #217 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Clermont, Florida
“Perfect Hotel for your Kids to be Loud and go Nutz!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I f you are looking for a perfect little getaway, quiet, relaxing, tranquil, dont want to be bothered by kids...then stay away from this place!!

But if you are looking for a family treat for you to watch your kids be loud, obnoxious, and smile constantly, then this is your spot!!
It is the perfect place to stop by the grocery store on your way their to stock up on cereal, pop tarts, bread, lunch meat, chips, juice boxes, other assorted kid-friendly snacks, to save money on breakfast, lunch and snacks since each room has a kitchen with a refridgerator & microwave...then have kid friendly dinner each night!

It has a spa...but not for adults, that was very cute idea.

Fun shows, fun games, well organized activites, clean facilities considering it has soooooo many kids here regularly!
I found great rates off-season on the Nick Hotel Website itself.

Wearing only flip flops, swimsuits and tshirts and shorts the majority of the weekend, I took delight in watching my kids get slimed, swim, dance, make friends, do crafts and sleep like a baby each night. This weekend was no only about me enjoying my family, it was about my kids having a good time and not have to worry about not splashing snobby adults, being too loud or acting goofy...and mind you I have very well behaved kids!!

For being only a hotel itself, meaning not attached to the theme parks, there was lots to do included in the price of the room.

I highly recommend this spot to anyone who thinks going to a stuffy, snobby resort is not for families....... and likes to have fun!! ( I will save the stuffy snobby resort for no-kids weekend recovering from this place!)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (922)
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Check In is at 4pm. Which we were not told when we booked through Nick Resorts. We arrived at the hotel in the morning. Thank goodness I told everyone to pack there bathing suits (in their carry on incase the luggage gets lost) because we had to have the bus boy hold all of our luggage until then. We just wanted to get unpacked right away and go have fun. The characters are not there walking around. You have to wait in line at certain times to take a picture of the characters. One character at a time too! We had to stop what we were doing to make sure we could see Squidward at 6:30pm.. They should have been all over the resort walking around for the kids. Disneyworld does it... They need more live pool shows becuase they only did two a day. They did the mass sliming (the orange bucket 4 times a day). There is only one entrance to the main pool and smaller pool which made it very inconvenient for my father who has a handicap. We went to the character breakfast, which I recommend (if you go) because we atleast got to see Ming Mind, Dora, Boots, Spongebob, and Sandy Cheeks, but you pay a lot of money for it! Housekeeping was awefull and so was the Management. The only good thing was the 4D theatre and the shows inside the mall. You can volunteer to be a part of it in the audience. The entertainers at Nick were great I must say. Our room was much smaller in person. We had a 2 bedroom suite. we thought we had the character room, but didn't. Make sure you ask for it! The safe broke in both of our rooms, the toilet's both were broke, and in the one room our drain in the sink wasn't working. The management didn't even knock off any money off of the suite for the inconvenience. It's very expensive to eat there. i would recommend going to walmart which is a mile from the resort and get snacks and lunch meat to put in the fridge. Or just go to Disneyworld and you have a much better experience! We went to Nick because my family loves those characters. What a let down it was.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite by the Lagoon Pool. If you want, make sure you ask for the character room.
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I was in Orlando for a business trip in mid July 2011. Our family of 5 stayed at the Dolphin resort for the 1 first 5 nights not far from the Nickelodeon. Total cost of that 5 nights including food charged to the room (approx. 35-50) night was 750 in total. Each hotel charges a resort fee also. Dolphin is 1st class - 5 pools, water slide, 6 restaurants, beach, play area, etc. Service was great and hotel was clean, quiet, when needed, and shuttles ran regularly to all resorts - bus and boat. After my business trip, we checked into the Nickelodeon for 3 nights -approx 450. At check in, I was asked if we wanted to upgrade to a theme room - basically a spongebob painted on the walls for an additional 25 a night. I figured it was a holiday, so I agreed. During the next 3 days, we found the hotel packed to capacity. Lots of people in the pools - way overcrowded - lots of kids - dirty and wandering around alone or in packs without supervision. Needless to say, the hotel had garbage and issues related to this all over. Rooms were dated and quite dirty - I would rate it as a 3 star at the most. The population the hotel attracts is typical to those looking for a cheap place for a cheap price. Upon check out, I found out that it wasn't so cheap. Surprisingly, I found out that each day an additional 25 resort fee is tacted on to the bill. So with the upgrade to the room and taxes, I ended up paying an additional 170 for the 3 nights. My 3 nights stay at the Nic was close 620. When I compare that to the Dolphin for 5 with food purchases, there is no comparison. I would not stay at Nic again and I would warn others to also avoid -dirty, dated, crowded, and way over priced.

Litchfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Got to the hotel and check in went quick. My room wasn't ready yet so to kill the time we went around the resort and had lunch. Then went to the Walmart down the street, this is good to get snacks and drinks to save money. When we got to our room, we were greeted with a clean smell. The carpets were recently put in (I can tell because rooms next to us that were vacant had people putting in new carpets) Food is a little on the pricey side. The food court consisted of Subway, Barnies coffee, The Grill (burgers and fries) and UNO (pizza, salad, and wings) We stayed on the Oasis side. WiFi connection is slow in the Oasis buildings because the WiFi hotspot is located in the mall and we were furthest away from it. The mall has the 4D experience, studio nick, A mini mart, "nick stuff", a spa, a food court, character meet and greet, a buffet, an arcade, a cyberzone, Nicktoons Cafe, guest services, a bar, and an ATM. The pools were nice, even though to cross over to each side of the resort, you have to cross through the mall, its not a bad walk. (about 5 min) Mass sliming is just green water, although they dump small buckets of real slime on top of you in the end. One night, some kid pulled the fire alarms we had to evacuate the building. At 2AM. Fire alarms are loud! The maid decorated our room, put all the toys in a neat pile and nicely placed stuffed animals on the bed. I think the hotel was very clean. Stay on the oasis side. It seems like all the people that have problems have bunk beds for the kids on the lagoon side. Oasis is quiet, and tucked away from all the noise. If you face the parking lot in building 4, you can see the fireworks from Disney! Staff is really nice and one worker stopped us and pulled off to the side just to chat with our little girl. There is a fitness center in building 14. The staff goes out of their way to have let guests enjoy their stay. I would defiantly come back.

Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This place is awesome...if your between the ages of say 3 and 12. The hotel is based completely from Nickelodeon shows, so expect this going in. My children had a wonderful time and did not want to leave, as for my wife and parents we were ready for something a little more quiet. This place is also a shopping trap for said ages, with stores of just Nickelodeon stuff(Sponge Bob, Dora, etc...). Eating at the hotel is expensive! Leave the hotel and drive one mile to Downtown Disney and eat cheaper with more options. Overall quality of the hotel is good, bright colors and large swimming area. There is also a 3D/4D theater that runs 10-15 minute shows, buy the bracelet that allows you to go to as many as you want, great value!

Room Tip: Arrive early for check to request the character that your children want.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Took my son there for his birthday and he had an amazing time. I think it was due to the fact that I shelled out a lot of money for him to enjoy the amenities. It was nice for a one time visit but way overpriced. The staff was nice. The rooms were not that great. Was not happy to see a few roaches. Big ones. All in all if you ve got a lot of money to burn, take a chance. The kids will enjoy it.

• Stayed July 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel has great potential but falls very short in some areas. I'll start with the good: service and food in the sit- down cafe was great. This is the place to eat - not the mall area where service is terrible and tables are not cleaned as often as one would like. The entertainment was awesome and the actors really do a great job. 4D theatre - great fun. We spent the money to have the "ultimate experience" and it was worth it for our family. If you don't want to spend the "big bucks" and you want your kids to have a great experience, enroll them in the night out program and they can have a great experience. The lagoon pool water slides are fun and that's where my child stayed for the most part. Now the ugly....The pool is way overcrowded and smells like sunscreen, even with the hotels attempts to clear and clean it is still to small an area for the amount of people and you get a "bad feeling" from the pool. Way overcrowded and not clean. The rooms (Spongebob) was the equivalent to a pediatric office with a few characters posted on the walls - the room was dated, not as clean as we are used to. The coffee in my pot was left the entire time we were there - never emptied. Just an old feel to the rooms- needs remodeling. The mall area was slow service and tables not so clean. The customer service has hosted by Starwood employees and some Nickelodeon employees. The Starwood employees just want to get you into a Starwood property - they really need to get rid of Starwood and fill with just Nickelodeon employees so service is faster and you you don't wait in line for 20mins and then get re-drected to a Nick employee. It took 1 hour to check into the hotel and as I stated, customer service was very slow. The hotel property outside and the restrooms are just not as clean as we are used to. Bottom line: This is not a 3.5-4 star hotel - so if you are used to that - think again. This hotel has GREAT potential - but they need to fix what's wrong. Yes, my son loved it (11years) but his interest was strictly fun - not service or cleanliness oriented! We (parents) couldn't wait to leave! Unless we hear of a remodel - we, unfortunately, will not be repeat customers.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Nickelodeon Suites Resort? Share your experiences!