“The best customer service..great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Sunshine on Sale
Ranked #39 of 328 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
“The best customer service..great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Arrived on Thanksgiving with my daughter, 2 grandsons, age 7 & 9. The stay was fantastic, customer service superb. Great pool area. The boys asked when can we come back to this hotel..they loved it so much. Funny, they didn't say Disney World..it was the Hyatt that impressed them. Hats off to the management team.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for joining the Trip Advisor community and rating us five points with your first review. We appreciate your comments noting our superb customer service. We hope that when your travel plans bring you back to Orlando, the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress is at the top of your list. Please recommend us to your family and friends.

2,259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Dalton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Our 4 night stay was perfect. Service was top shelf and food was very good. Everyt time we needed something the staff was on it in less than 5-10 minutes. Kids loved the pool and the outdoor movie night. Also had some great kids activities poolside. heated pool was nice and warm at 88 degrees. The pitch and putt course was actually very well maintained. The view from our 17th floor room were stunning. We will definitely stay here again on future visits to Disney.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
It is hard to beat a perfect stay so thank you for letting the Trip Advisor community know that our staff is top shelf and we have great amenities. We appreciate your five point rating and that you will stay with us again when coming to Orlando. Please recommend us to your family and friends.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Wow was my reaction when I walked into the hotel. From the get-go, I was being treated like royalty. You have two choices when it comes to parking: either valet or park in a lot that is a good distance away. The $23 or so was worth it to valet in the end, and your car is parked right next to the entrance.

I walked into the hotel and preceded to elite check-in. My Diamond status was immediately recognized, and since it was the week of Christmas, I used 2 of my Diamond suite upgrades to have Executive suites. The lady at the desk was very friendly, funny, and helpful, as she tried to move us to the VIP suites, but sadly they were unavailable. Champagne is served upon check-in, which was a nice touch. I was also handed a letter welcoming me to the hotel, which was cool as well. Resort fees were $17/day (reduced because I am a Diamond member) which was much better than the $22/day. Based on all of the amenities/services offered, it was money well spent.

Went up to the room of the 6th floor, and was absolutely stunned by the size of the living room and bedroom. We even had 2 bathrooms, which was really nice. The TV even welcomed me, as it had my name on it.

After relaxing for an hour, I went up to the Regency Club. It had all sorts of food, and a very expensive STARBUCKS espresso machine. Starbucks is my favorite coffee, so I indulged quite often during my stay. All sorts of different snacks were in the Club, including one hot appetizer a night. Also included was fruits, veggies, snacks, etc. Breakfast was fantastic as well. Fresh bagels, breads, fruits, juices, muffins, etc. Although I didn't have a chance to get to grab a midday snack or dessert, I am sure those were great as well.

***Quick tip: Go up to the Regency Club balcony to watch the Fireworks over Epcot and Magic Kingdom***

Now onto the pool, fitness center, and watersports. There were two pools: a heated pool and a very cold pool. The heated pool was smaller and was used for the waterslide. The waterslide was a lot of fun, but that little heated pool was not big enough for the amount of people at the hotel. The colder pool was huge, and went under the cave. Absolutely no one was in that pool, which I completely understand. My dad and I played a game in which we were not to throw the football into the cold pool, or suffer the frigid temperatures retrieving it. That pool should definitely be heated. There were two hot tubs: one by the fitness center in the cave (very cool!) and one by the bridge. The fitness center was very well equipped with dumbbells, weight machines, cardio equipment, pull-up bars, etc.

The lake was by far my favorite part. I decided to go kayaking, and after warning that the lake was quite dirty, I of course fell in. The lake was large, and kayaking was great exercise that was also fun.

At night, we were looking to roast some marshmallows over the fire pit. They only sold the kits during the day, which is quite odd. However, I would like to applaud all of the staff that tried their very best to get their hands on these kits at night. I would suggest that they keep some kits behind the front desk, as some other kids I was sitting with around the pit wanted to do the same.

Another convenient thing was having an Expedia expert downstairs to buy your Disney tickets. Especially around the holiday season, buying tickets at the gates of Disney can be quite the pain. The Expedia expert had the tickets right behind the desk, which made it super easy to get our tickets and go. I decided to go to Epcot, which was awesome!

The location of this hotel is exactly where you want to be. You are right by the Orlando Premium Outlets and all Disney parks.

Overall, I had a fantastic stay in Orlando at this hotel. I would like to thank all of the staff that made such a great stay possible!

Room Tip: Get a Regency Club room. You get so much food for the price you pay, and if you have a large family...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your detailed review and giving us a five point rating. It is always nice to read that our staff was friendly and accommodating. We also appreciate you being a diamond member with Hyatt. It certainly has its benefits. I am glad you mentioned the fitness center. It was recently renovated and has so much to offer. You also mentioned our Expedia local experts. They sell theme park tickets right in the lobby so you can get to the park and walk right in. We do offer shuttles on a limited basis to the theme parks so be sure to get a schedule upon arrival any time you come back.
We hope you will recommend us to you family and friends.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have stayed here a number of times this month, and I find the hotel to be outstanding in every way. At times we have paid as low as $160/night, but there are resort and parking fees that bump the price up a bit. These fees are well documented.
The hotel and grounds are absolutely gorgeous, starting with the lobby. The lobby is 18 stories high and beautifully appointed with waterfalls, live plants and a large parrot. The pool is amazing, beyond my words. The rooms are very nice and very clean; we've always had rooms with amazing views.
But, what puts this hotel over the top is the staff. The front desk staff is wonderful, no request is unreasonable. We had a special occasion and all my requests (no matter how strange) were granted with a smile. I asked for flower vases, champagne glasses (which they filled for us), I asked for the TV to display our names (which might have been the first time that was ever requested), I asked for a higher room, a good view and on and on. The just kept thinking of additional things, like robes, that we might want. The cleaning staff is also very friendly and very good. I have nothing bad to say about this location.
If I have to think of one con, we had snacks at the pool bar... the tab added up very quickly. 2 burgers, 2 drinks and an appetizer, $85.00. But, the price was clear, and the food was very good.
We were there for their very nice New Years eve celebration.

Room Tip: The pool view rooms are amazing! The higher the better. Disney fireworks are on display front and...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your continued patronage and glad you let the Trip Advisor community know that we have a great staff that works tirelessly to make sure our guests are happy. We hope you will come back again and again and please recommend us to your family and friends. Happy new year!!

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Staying at the Hyatt Regency was a pleasure. Staff are very helpful and the check in experience, where guests are provided with a glass of sparkling wine was very good indeed. The resort has so much to offer and whilst there we took part in cycling around the huge property, taking a pedalo out on to the lake, using the pool and generally relaxing. The hotel is conveniently located for all of the parks. Be prepared for shocking traffic in the evenings however, particularly to Downtown Disney (give it a miss would be my advice) and to the shopping outlets (go early - a much better experience). The service is very good and staff are helpful. The resort is very child friendly.

Room Tip: Try and request a room so that you can see trhe Disney fireworks.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We appreciate the five point rating and are glad we were able to provide you with our world class hospitality. It is nice to know you were able to enjoy many of the amenities we offer. Please note that traffic during the holiday season is much greater than any other time. We hope this will not discourage you for coming back another time.

meath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and i had a greatvtime at the hyatt orlando. The concierge service is excellent as is location. Staff are lovely in particular a manager named jose, who made our honeymoon special. We loved the hotel

• Stayed December 2013
We are so glad you had a great time and enjoyed your honeymoon. We hope that when your anniversary comes around, you will always remember the great time you had here at our resort.
Thank you for your five point rating and look forward to your return.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Our family of 4 had a great time at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. Great food and accomodations, and the staff was uniformly excellent. People at the restaurants, front desk, activities desk, etc. were all great. But be forewarned: despite the $22/day/room charge for "activities/services" that includes shuttles to various places, the "shuttle" to Universal only goes/returns ONCE per day. It departs the hotel around 9 a.m. and departs the park around 6 p.m. Your options are to rent a car or get a cab (approx $30 each way). In other words, do not rely upon the hotel shuttle to visit Universal. (The shuttle is more inten ded for visits to Disney or the outlet mall). By the way, the nearby outlet mall is fantastic.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We are glad you and your family had a great time here on property. It is nice to know that all staff members were rated excellent. Our shuttle service is limited as we are not affiliated with any theme park. We are a 1500 acre resort with lots of amenities including world class golf and tennis. Our amazing 24 hour pool and hot tubs are fantastic. Thank you for your five point rating and please recommend us to your family and friends.

Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress? Share your experiences!