We stayed here for a conference, and only did one day in the parks from this hotel. We really enjoyed the hotel and its facilities. The pool was just awesome, and that's with part of it closed off during our stay. I was able to walk around the grounds a little, which were lovely, and I used the workout room which was really, really nice, clean, well-maintained,etc. I did not get a chance to do any of the other activities like the paddle boats. Some of the park fireworks were visible from the hotel, sort of a far-off view but pretty cool nonetheless. The beds were comfy. The service was consistently good. One nice thing is that there don't seem to be many bad room views at this hotel. We had a standard room with a nice view of the grounds.
To give an idea of the hotel in relation to conferences, I have been to another conference-centric hotel in the area and I liked the facilities at the Hyatt much better. This was mainly because we did much less walking. The conference area was probably closer than the pool, which, admittedly, is a bit of a hike. I think that a couple of reviewers complained about how far away the parking is, but I thought it was fine, especially when compared to the other hotel.
A couple of cons... There was construction at the hotel, and we had a person with bad knees in our party. It was hard for us to find the elevator to get down to the pool level, and then you have to walk through the restaurant area to get to the pool. I don't know if this is a temporary situation or not, but be aware of this if you have mobility issues. Like every single resort in the area, the hotel food is expensive, but it is high quality, and we had a truly excellent server the one night we did dinner at the hotel.
If you're driving to the parks, there is a back way that has less traffic, take a left rather than a right out of the hotel, and map it out beforehand since your GPS will want to take you the normal way.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Orlando Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Amex, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Olotels, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, TIG Global and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.