Do not be scared by Hyatt prices as you can get really good deals for the stay by reaching through comparison websites or just calling reservations directly and asking for the deals. But … be ready to pay $15 for parking, $35+ for breakfast and $35 for using recreational facilities.
After having All Inclusive holidays in Europe, I could exactly understand what guests mean “annoying other extras” in their reviews. Still hotel is really nice. And on another side it was free shuttle bus to Disney World so we did not need to take our car to the parks and pay for parking over there which would cost us much more than $15/day.
This hotel is perfect for people who are travelling on business and taking their wives and kids on the business trip.
It is great for family vacation: going on the bike ride, have a go on the climbing wall, play golf, enjoy water sports activities, relax in Jacuzzi, swim in heated pool or normal pool …
Ideal for families with 6-14 years old kids, but there was no baby pool for 1-4 years old. There was no indoor pool which could be useful when it was raining and you could not do anything apart from watching TV in the room.
There was Recreational staff, but they did not do anything apart from looking after the equipment. I guess Management can utilise these resources for supervised kids activities like Kids club, Mini disco in the evening, Mini golf, Mini volleyball… The only thing they did with children (without parent’s involvement) – it was feeding fish in the lake once a day.
Plus what was surprising for me – with all that recreational team – there was no Stretching class on the beach or Aqua Aerobics class in the pool (?).
If you come to Orlando to go to theme parks and you are going spend all your time in Magic Kingdom, Universal … you probably wouldn’t appreciate all Hyatt facilities and would not feel that you get “value for money”. So book something like Holiday Inn for the first week while you are in the “race” to visit everything and then come back to Hyatt to have the vacation after Disney World.
We stayed in other hotels in Orlando, but it was our first time in Hyatt. I could tell that it was one of the best resorts in the city.
Apparently this hotel had recent refurbishment. Some guests were saying that it is for the best as having parrot at reception (?) was too cheesy. And now this hotel is on next level. Another people were disappointed as they came here again after 20 year since their honey moon and hotel was not the same. Well, feeling was not the same.
Hotel is situated in the walking distance to shops and restaurants. You even can get to Disney Downtown if you really fit and enjoy walking. You will save some money having meals outside the hotel, but you must try restaurants in Hyatt. The stake, sushi, chicken -- even Cesar salad was delicious (!). Was it parmesan cheese or wine they served? - it was unbelievably good.
We will recommend this hotel to our friends and we definitely will come back in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando