“My first time and won't be the last.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #25 of 329 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago, Illinois
“My first time and won't be the last.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was told by so many colleagues and friends that this hotel was something to visit with the kids and boy were they NOT WRONG!! The hotel was alittle frustrating reaching because of the traffic and the close proximity to Disney but once there it was worth it. The kids enjoyed themselves as well as I. I got some much needed dad time with them and they just swam and ran themselves into 10 hour comas both nights we stayed! The staff was so wonderful in assisting me with food recommendation's and even providing my kids with ice cream sundae's as a gift.....( THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THAT) All in all we look forward in returning again VERY SOON!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your review and noting that your kids as well as yourself had so much fun. Our staff shined again with our assistance and it looks like it made a very positive impact on your stay. Thank you for choosing Hyatt and look forward to your next visit.

Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (711)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Naperville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

This particular hotel must not recognize platinum Hyatt members. We never recieved a paper & it was a big deal to get a late check-out. Our room was a corner king with a great view...but was tiny & had only a shower..which is difficult to bath an infant in. Our room was clean...ice bucket & trash were not emptied daily...but we had a crib waiting for us, thank you!!!!
We had a horrible incident with our ride home from Disney...the bus driver stopped the bus in the middle of the highway with no flashers, opened the four & got off the bus. He was gone for atleast 5 minutes with no explanation & an open door. Turns out he dropped his cell phone out the window while he was littering & retrieving the cell phone was more important than our safety. The following days we opted for other transportation to Disney $27 each way. The night front desk manager was very concerned & nice when a few of us told her of the incident.
Be aware that there is a $26 resort fee daily..which includes a bus ride to Disney, Internet, & paddle & sail boats on a lake that has warning signs for crocodiles all around it. Also, $12 for self park.

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Everywhere you turn, the staff is looking to ensure a pleasant stay, whether its the bell desk handing you a towel and an ice cold water after a long run, the people serving coffee, or the folks providing towels by the wonderful pool. The rooms great, the restaurants are adequate and the pool is nothing short of gigantic with water falls and tunnels. The gym is small and minimal, and is perhaps the only short coming. The running trail is perfect and includes distances for everyone!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your 5 point review and noting that our staff was always looking out for you. Seeing you return from a run, our bell staff handed you a towel and bottle of water to cool you down. That is just one example of the things we do to please our guests. Glad you enjoyed the room and the pool. Our health club is currently being renovated and will be bigger and better than ever. It should be open by mid to late February 2013. We hope you will return to experience all of our exciting new features and upgrades !!

Montgomery, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I had stayed there a couple of year ago and decided to go back. Because of some issues with some South American Soccer Teams our three days there was a disaster. The reason I rated them high is the responsivness of the hotel staff. They did the best they could do short of putting some people on the street, which I understand they could not do as the most of the problems were caused by young people that had no controls or chaperones. A few day after we had checked out I received a call from the General Manager of the hotel to personally apologize for what had happened to us. He was very sincere and was agreeable to a reasonable solution that he and worked out. Because of this we will give this hotel another chance and so should you.

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This resort hotel was the "winning bid" to our priceline offer of $100 per night for a "4 star or greater or resort" choice.

For your info, we are a family of 5. Me, my husband, and 3 kids (7, 5, and 2) and we live only 1.5 hours from Disney. Our sole purpose of coming over to Orlando was to take the kids to Disney for a few days.

Here are the things we found positive and nice about the hotel:

- Complimentary champagne upon check-in
- Beautiful grounds
- My kids were excited that they had a parrot (named Merlot) in the lobby
- The staff was friendly
- Our room was very clean
- The one pool that was not under construction was heated, which was nice

Now some neutral observations:
- As soon as you pull up to the drive, the valet is right there and says they will park your car. This is nice if you realize that there is a charge of $23 per day for valet parking. Not so nice if you are unaware of this charge (which in our case was waived, hence this being "neutral"). Self park is $13 per day. The valet is very nice, but be aware this is a service you are charged extra for!

- There is currently renovations/construction going on at the hotel. Our room did not face the pool or lake, which turned out to be a good thing because that was the side renovations were being done on so it would have been loud.

- Be aware that as of this review (1/11), there are no hot tubs on the grounds, and there is only 1 heated pool. It has a water slide for the kids (over 44'') that closes at 5. The pool closes at 8. You can take a free complimentary shuttle over to the Grand Cypress villas, and you can use their pool and their hot tub (which was very nice!) but it can be a hassle since you need to call for the shuttle, then be shuttled over to another facility, then call to be shuttled back, etc. However, THAT pool/hot tub closes at 11 (they told me 10 but the shuttle driver insisted it was 11 and we stayed until 10:30 with no problems)

Negatives:

-NO BATHROOM PRIVACY FROM YOUR OTHER ROOM OCCUPANTS (explained below)
- While the sliding door to the bathroom/closet "looked" nice (if you closed the sliding door to the closet, the bathroom was open and exposed... if you closed it to the bathroom, the closet space was open and exposed) - it's a horrible idea, especially if you want privacy in the bathroom!! There is no way to lock it, so a curious child can constantly open and close the door to the bathroom while you are in it!

- The "rainfall" shower head seems like a nice feature, but really it feels just like that: rainfall. Can you shower and get a good sudsing in the rain? Well I certainly can't - and I couldn't with this shower head. Thank goodness there was a handheld shower head, though I would have much preferred to just have a stationary shower head with good pressure.

- There is no "fan" that turns on when you are in the bathroom. So besides the fact that the air doesn't circulate in there..... if you are rooming with anybody, be aware that they can hear you doing your business in the bathroom!

- Good luck trying to figure out the TV. It was all kinds of complicated. I'm not generally technologically impaired, but at the end of a long day, all I wanted to do was turn on the TV and relax. However, with no channel guide on either the TV or anywhere visible in the room, and a very slow-to-change-channel TV, I was not about to spend 20 minutes trying to find a suitable station.

- Trying to figure out the front desk # was a pain. They should have it plainly posted, like most hotels and resorts do, but they don't. For your reference, it is "50."

- The restaurants and food offered in the resort/hotel is ridiculously priced. Absolutely ridiculous. Eating in Disney is less expensive - no exaggeration! And forget getting anything delivered. I inquired about delivery options and was told that any delivery person would be stopped at the (gated) entrance to the resort. If I wanted food delivered, I would have to walk myself to the gate (about 1/2 mile or more up the road!) to get it myself. nice, huh?

By far the worst thing with this resort: Absolutely horrible bus/shuttle service to Disney (or other theme parks). HORRIBLE.

They offer 2 leave times for Disney: 8:50am and 10am. And when they write those times, they aren't kidding. Thank GOD we RAN our butts to the 10am bus. Had we been 30 seconds late, we would have missed the bus and been told that we needed drive ourselves or take a $25 taxi! Each time we took the bus and had the female driver, she turned OFF the air conditioning. And these past few days it has been unseasonably hot so that bus was pretty stifling.

The pick-up times were 6pm, 8pm, and 9:45 (and no kidding, if you miss any of those times, you better have at least $25 for a taxi, because they're not coming back to pick you up!) The last night we had to RUN in order to make the 9:45 bus and when I say run, I mean "feet don't fail me now" run. Nice workout, but not what I had in mind to end my night at Magic Kingdom. I didn't come here for their marathon, lol. And it wasn't like we were dilly-dallying either.... but there is only so much pushing and wriggling through masses of people that you can do. But anyway I digress....

The bus service was awful, horrible. All in all, I do NOT recommend this hotel to anyone who comes to the area with the intention to go to any of the theme parks. In what you pay for their "resort fee" ($23 per night plus taxes/fees) - there should be more and better shuttle service. But there isn't.

Also, no continental breakfast is offered. We were told if we wanted breakfast in one of the cafes, it would cost something like $21 per adult and $10 per child. RIDICULOUS!!

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress is a gem of a hotel.

A little tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the main streets, the quiet this provides is astonishing - You'd hardly know that you were a minutes walk away from local amenities and a very short drive over to Disney.

The pool and facilities are fantastic, with a lovely cave system connecting the heated pool area and the (much needed!) cold waters. They offer all sorts of additional activities which we sadly didn't find the time to appreciate.

The staff were more than welcoming and keen to help where they could, and house keeping were swift and polite. Everything was notably clean, as you'd expect from the pricetag! Air conditioning kept the Orlando heat out, and our room also included a small balcony, perfect for waking up to.

We'll certainly contemplate visiting again this May when we return to Orlando - though the price is a little steep!

Room Tip: If you can, I'd suggest avoiding a room near the bar or by reception - but the doors are heavy d...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and noting that we are so close to everything yet it feels secluded. Both would be correct as we are right in the heart of Lake Buena Vista but tucked away and buffered by our 1500 acre resort. So nice to know that our staff was welcoming and that you found everything notably clean. We hope that when you return in May 2013 that you will not only choose to stay with us again but to enjoy all the new and improved amenities that are currently near completion.

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I had stayed here before in Feb 2011 on a Valentine's Day weekend and enjoyed it so much we wanted to bring our boys to see it. Nashad from the front desk went out of his way to make sure we were happy and thus he was a big chunk of the reason we were booking 1 suite and 1 room for 5 nights.

There is so much good to say about this place. My 12yr is severely autistic and so it takes a lot of prep to make sure things are right or at least smooth enough that he can enjoy it. To top it off my parents were coming in from CA and so I was handling their booking as well and they had multiple needs and special requests due to my father's prosthetic.

RESERVATIONS: We looked online and then called reservations who got us booked and then because I had a few questions about the suite answer all she could and referred me to the front desk for further help. We had a Suite for four nights and a regular room for the last night due to the suites being booked. Since we were booking in Oct The Front Desk clerk was sweet enough to advise us to call the hotel closer to arrival in case a suite was free so we wouldn't have the upset of a room change that last night. They had my mothers room booked properly and we easily able to accommodate her requests.

PLANNING: Michelle the Assistant Food and Beverage manager was a HUGE help. Emailing us the room service menus, listening to the special eating habits of my little guy and advising us on all the ways they could accommodate his needs. While my guy is not gluten free he is very hard to accommodate it was very refreshing to see that the hotel actually took steps to have GF options. Michelle's customer service attitude extended beyond just room service, she was able to tell us about what each restaurant served, the average prices of each restaurant, and the atmosphere of each. Never once did she try to tell us where we should take our guy - her mannerism said he was welcome at any of the restaurants on the property. Her assistance allowed me to plan for room service, taxes, and gratuity and to advise my mom who is on a limited budget on the restaurants. Her dedication to helping me plan guaranteed we would order room service at least a few times. More about that later -

Molly at the front desk was a dream come true. She answered multiple calls from me never once showed a sign of exasperation or annoyance. If she was tired of my incessant question it never slipped through her manner was impeccably welcoming and friendly front the first call to the day I got there. She answered every question and even noticed that my mother was not on the same floor as we were - this would have been a major issue. She also found that a suite had opened up and after she consulted with a manger altered our reservation without an extra charge so we would not have to move rooms during the vacation.

ARRIVAL: Monet the bellman remembered the two of us from nearly a year before and welcomed us back. Donna at the Front Desk checked us in and made quick fans of all of my tired guys. We'd had a lot of delays getting there but she wiped out all the worry with her welcoming smile, her sweet personality and her attention to detail. She had everything ready down to the refrigerator in the room and the view we were hoping for. She was able to answer my every last minute question and had us off to our room quickly but not feeling like we were a bother. She also went the extra mile to check that we were happy later in the visit and sent a small welcome gift up to us on our second night (we got in super late the first night/morning) which included milk and cookies for the boys. My fifteen year old may never let us use any other hotel.

She also went out of her way for my parents who had a rough arrival due to the airlines losing their luggage. I cannot tell you how much her going the extra mile helped.

DINNING: Since we were at theme parks most of the trip we didn't make it to the restaurants but we ordered coffee every morning, breakfast on at least 2 occasions and a random assortment of room service appetizers. The food was AMAZINGLY delicious. The presentation was perfect. The servers - courteous, friendly, and very customer service oriented. In fact, my husband mentioned that the Mythos at Universal was a real let down compare to the quality of the food at our hotel. My oldest son particularly liked one gentleman, Diego, who brought out food several times and a bright smile each time.

RESORT: It was cold so we skipped the pools and hot tub. There was some renovation going on but we never heard any noise and slept in at least two days. We enjoyed walking around the beautiful property, took the kids to the pitch and putt where Estavan was very helpful and kind with our little guy. My parents enjoyed the paddle boats and my teen begged me to promise he could try the kayaks in the summer.

VALET: Fast, courteous, always checked to see if we needed directions, and greeted us by name often. The hotel is huge so that is an impressive thing.

We had one little issue with a gate man who was rude but since he works for the Villas Golf Resort all he did was guarantee we will choose the Hyatt Grand Cypress over the villas even if we come for golfing. Rusty, the manager, assured me he would put in a call to chat with the gentleman. He was kind, explained why the incident occurred, and treated us a valued guests without talking down to us in any manner.

While we spent a lot of time out and about every moment at the hotel was wonderful.

Staff members that need to be commended other than the ones listed above include the wonderful ladies who took our customer service calls and those who took our room service orders.

Jennifer, & Anaiss, from the front desk who handled little things like late check outs, and odd questions

Housekeeping - the room was perfect when we checked in and Housekeeping did not disturb us on the days I requested no service. They did a supreme job on the days I requested service.

Nashad - whom I mentioned had been so great on our first visit, made it a point to see us before we left and make sure this visit went well.

The beds were super comfortable, the view from our room was beautiful and relaxing. In fact, my teen requested we go back for his birthday and my youngest has already ask to "go hyatt" a few times since we've been home.

If you are looking for a good hotel that feels like home, looks like a palace, and offers plenty of extras - this is it. This hotel is the first I've ever cared to write a review for but I had to let others know what a pleasure it was to stay here.

A very satisfied customer
M Kaufmann

Room Tip: One your reservation is booked. Call the front desk with any questions, special requests, or special...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for letting the Trip Advisor readers know that our staff truly made a huge impact on your stay with us. Each and every one of our staff went the extra mile to make sure your needs were accommodated. Whether it was front desk, restaurant or housekeeping, or any other department, we all strive to make all our guests feel welcome. I am so glad your experience was so positive and that you mentioned several staff by name. I will pass your comments along so that they are all aware of the impact they had on your visit. We hope you will return again soon for yet another exceptional visit.

Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress? Share your experiences!