Based on some of the reviews, I was a bit apprehensive about my stay but it turned out to be a good experience with a few negatives due to construction. This is a large hotel that caters to the conference crowd as well as family tourists . Self parking is $12 a day and a bit of a hike to the hotel but not too bad if you cut through the conference area. While there appears to be ample parking, those conventions can fill the lot up pretty quickly but I always managed to find a spot. Reception was helpful and friendly and I'd asked for a quiet, high floor room which I received. Ended up in a lovely corner room that had been renovated, was sleek and comfortable with 2 balconies . I think they hadn't done a good job on the air/heat system as the bathroom vent was very noisy. At night I needed to shut the bathroom door to block out the sound . I informed the front desk and they said maintenance would check it out. Was ok for several hours and then the noise started again. Luckily, I could still sleep undisturbed and was out most of the day - otherwise it would have driven me nuts! I enjoyed the fridge in the room so i could stock up on cold drinks. Pool area is under some heavy construction - jack hammers, dirt movers and it really wasn't too peaceful or relaxing . Saying that, it didn't spoil my one day by the pool as the noise was intermittent. Paddle boats are available on the lake and there are lots of very nice biking/jogging trails. $22 a day resort fee plus the $12 a day parking adds to the checkout bill. I did not eat at any of the restaurants so can't comment on the food or service .
Basically, apart from the pool construction , the hotel is lovely. The renovated rooms are great. Just make sure you ask for a quiet, renovated room on check-in. - perhaps all rooms have been redone by now but worth asking to make sure. I recall some concerns about the tv channels but there was a good selection of the usual cable channels during my stay. Hotel is in an excellent location too, just a short drive from the Disney village ,close to the Crossroads shopping center and a few mins from I4 with easy access to the parks and airport. I'd definitely stay here again but if you are coming with the kids for some pool time - you may want to check out some other options until the renovations are completed.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Orlando Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Venere, Agoda and TIG Global so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.