“What a great value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #195 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Valrico, Florida
“What a great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

Stayed for 1 night on the 10th floor in the 2 bedroom with terrace for a weekend getaway with 4 friends. We are in the 26-34 age range and were looking for a cheap place to stay to enjoy theme parks and shows. The rooms common area was a little small and dated but clean. The 2 bathrooms were very clean and had some nice upgrades.The terrace (which was about a $12 upgrade) was a very large outdoor space with beautiful views of the city and a lake. The 24-hour indoor pool was a nice plus, as was the shuttle service that took the 5 of us to Universal and back for $20 round trip which allowed us to enjoy Blue Man Group and Citywalk late night. Parking at Universal would have been $15, so the extra $5 was worth it to allow all of us to enjoys some drinks that night. Breakfast in the morning was minimal. Most of us paid the $2.99 for the hot meal which was only eggs, grits, sausage and hashbrowns but it was a buffet so still cheaper than McDonald's. We were able to also do late check out at noon.

The place isn't the Ritz Carlton, but it is a very clean hotel with a lot of perks. Definitely recommend this place if you aren't looking for the hotel to entertain you and just need a headquarters for enjoying all the attractions Orlando has to offer. We started planning our next trip there before we even left.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

2,374 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010 via mobile

This is the third time that my family and i have stayed at this hotel would recommend it to anyone.is in an ideal location just away from the hustle of internation drive.we had two rooms in the building one which were clean and tidy with a new service introduced where you would put a sign outside your door requestin towels or your room tidied.will defiantly stay there again.the staff were always pleasent and went out there way to help.

• Stayed September 2010
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

We stayed for three nights in a two bedroom suite. Each bedroom had it's own small bathroom and each had a tv, the living room had a loveseat and a small dining table with four chairs, could have used either a larger sofa or a single chair/recliner. The kitchen was clean as were the appliances, they had plates/silverware/cups/pots and pans etc; for appx 4 people.

W had a small balcony with some chairs and it overlooked the pool and the lake, very nice!
The restaurant and small eatery were clean and they had a nice lounging area where you could (for a fee) use the computers that were available. There is a small gift/grocery store on site, also a small gym and a small indoor pool. The hotel location is great, you can walk to pubs, shops, mini malls and amusement areas including a water park that is right near the hotel. The only "down" side I had was the beds! I would suggest the hotel spring for new ones! Oh my aching back!

Check in and check out was handled nicely by Carlos and he even switched our room for us, I had requested by email for a room with a view and we were given the ground floor! however, within an hour we were in our new room on the 4th floor...much, much better.

As someone who often travels with 4 kids from ages 3 to 15 I would recommend this hotel/resort and will stay in it again.

Anne

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

We had a rather large problem with the hotel we were staying in. I cant really go into too much detail about that but we were placed at the Enclave by our travel company. It was very late when we arrived and we were greeted by on site security. He took all our cases to the room for us, probably not a regular thing? But it was a nice gesture after the night we'd had. He reassured us that there were 3 guards on site and they checked all the corridors for each floor as well as the outside.

The manager made sure that our family was well looked after, we were unfortunately stuck in our room so they even offered to bring us some supplies, from a very nice lady who also brought us pizza! I cant say thanks enough for their hospitality, they were understanding about our situation and made every effort to take care of us. The hotel room was fantastic, clean and well worth staying in, we had super fast free internet, the fridge worked well, we even had a gamecube for my brother to play. And considering what we had just come from it was paradise. Sadly we only stayed one night, but the beds were so cozy. And the room was clean and neat. I hope to come back to orlando and would love to stay here again. It's a prime location and they have good pricing!

Thanks to the staff there, we really appreciated the help!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

Nice localization and Staff, the apartment is clean and confortable, the only point that can be improved is the cleanliness of the balcony, the chairs and table look dirty.
The price is very good, and the staff very helpful. The option of 2 bedrooms is perfect for those have kids.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Swindon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

I was nervous about staying at this hotel as you cant always tell by the brochures what there like, so i looked up some reviews. The reviews stated how lovely it was, however although staff were friendly it was very smelly and we had endless problems with our room.
The staff were friendly we got checked in very quickly and we went to our room. Room was very average but we didnt plan on spending much time there as we wanted to explore. The actual hotel was very smelly and there was bins over flowing in the corridor with pizza boxes which were there in the morning when we went out for the day and were still there in the evening when we came home.
In our room the air conditioning was playing up and kept leaking. We reported it to the hotel staff at reception who came and had a look. It was so say 'fixed'. The next day the air conditioning had leaked all over the kitchen floor and units. Reported to reception who came to 'fix' it again. Next day same problem. During one night it stopped working completely and we couldn't sleep as it was so so hot. Contacted the reception, we offered to move rooms but they said it would be fixed. We went for our day out and the staff said it would be fixed by the time we got back. Well it wasn't fixed and had leaked again. We contacted the reception yet again who said they would find out what was happening...turns out we DID have to move rooms, by this time it was 11pm and we were getting rather fed up so we had to pack up all of our belongings and move to another hotel block to another room.
On first looks this room was nicer. But we soon found out otherwise. The phone didn't work in the room, the tiolet was blocked it kept flushing all by itself every 5 minutes during the night and our room key constantly didn,t work.
The hotel didn't spoil our holiday and were not fussy people but there's only so much you can take.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

I was referred to The Enclave Suites Hotel by a friend who had stayed there on a business trip. Upon arrival, after a hectic flight and even worse arrival at OIA, I was greeted by smiling front desk clerks, ready to assist. There were several other guests before me, but the quick and efficent staff checked them in and answered all their questions in a timely manner. As I approached the desk, I was greeted by an exceptions pair of front desks associates - a young lady and gentleman (Vera and Carlos). Both were exceptionally professional and answered all of my quesetions without missing a beat. When i inquired about things off of the hotel property, both associates provided me with beneficial information. Never have I seen such happy employees at a hotel. They kept a smile and even got me laughing about something silly!!! In fact all the guests checking in were laughing too!!! The room was nice. Nothing exceptional, but comfy and cozy for my three night stay. Each time I was passed by an employee, or when I had to go to the front desk for an extra room key, I was greeted by smiles and hello's!!! On check out, I was again greeted by the same assocaites, who were still so friendly and professional. They checked me out, stated that they hoped to see me again (which they will) , all while dealing with numerous other guests checking out. I was also greeted by Albert, who was definently a manager as his professionalism was outstanding.

Not to be left out, I was also provided exceptional customer service by the food staff when getting food. A gentleman named Danny (the cook) provided amazing food at a BBQ i attended. In the Food Court (because I was craving Pizza Hut) another food service employee (Dahlia) was full of smiles, greeting guests and serving excellent food.

I saw numerous families enjoying the same experience as I was, which was refreshing to see!!! i have been to other more fancy resorts or hotels in Orlando and paid three times the amount i did here and never have i received such customer service, professionalism and overall excellence. I have no desire to stay at any other hotel when I visit Orlando (which is often) other than the Enclave!!! Thanks for an excellent stay!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to The Enclave Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!