“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #198 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Cleveland, Ohio
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful time here. The views over the lake are to die for. Try and get a terrace suite, you wont want to leave it, I guarantee it. Check in was quick and easy. Plenty of places to shop within walking distance. Lots of restaurants also within walking distance. Shuttles to Universal Studios and Disneyworld will pick you up right outside the lobby door, and bring you back. We didn't have a car, heck, we didn't need one. The only time you need transportation is when you go to one the many parks, and the shuttles will take you there, and its cheaper than a taxi. On the other side of the lake, there is a water park that you can walk to. You can see it in the pics I uploaded showing our HUGE terrace. There is even a small restaurant next to the lobby with breakfast and lunch/dinner, also a small store. Try it, you will like it.

Room Tip: We had a terrace suite on the top floor. EXCELLAMENTE!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at The Enclave Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your terrace suite, and our spectacular views. We appreciate your comments, and hope to welcome you and your wife back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I'm so ashamed to be from the UK just by reading some of these terrible reviews . My family stayed here from the 20th August until the 3rd of September 2013. We had a fantastic time we had three apartments as we were a party of 9, the apartments were all different ranging from refurbished to basic! Myself and my partner had the basic apartment ok could have done with a lick of paint but was more than comfortable . The staff were excellent and so was the breakfast, we paid over 16,000 for our holiday for 9 I suggest if you want 4 star PAY FOR IT !!! Please people get your head out of your backside and stop moaning . Thank you Enclave we loved our stay and Hanna is a star!!!!!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay. We are delighted that you and your family had a great stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as well as your compliments, and will certainly pass your praise along to Hannah. We hope to welcome you back again on your next Orlando vacation.
Worthing, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Right so like me you've read the reviews on here. The good reviews, the bad reviews and the ugly reviews. Don't know what to believe? I was the same.
This is my review and before you read I'll give you a little bit of info about me and the kind of holidays I have. Or Vacations!
I'm not one of these Brits that sit in the hotel room all day long, only making it as far as the hotel bar or the reception to moan about the lack of fresh towels. I'm an "up and out" kind of guy. My girlfriend is the same, well she has little choice in the matter, and we make it our mission to get to the theme parks for "rope drop".
We don't bother with getting to know all the staff at the desk, checking out Enrique's eggs or even hearing Terry's tones on the bus. I come to Orlando to see Harry Potter at Universal, not Enrique in the Virgin Breakfast room. Now I'm sure he's a lovely bloke, and he probably does make some mean eggs but that's not what an Orlando holiday should be about and it seems that people that have been reviewing this hotel based solely on a few characters at the hotel.
This review will be based on a energetic couple's experience of the enclave. If you want to know how much dust was under the seats of Pizza Hut or how lovely Terry sings you'll have to read another review. You shouldn't have to wait long...there should be one any minute now.
Right let's get going. We arrived on August 26th. Hot as always and wanted to check-in as quick as possible and get down I.Drive for some well-deserved grub at Chilis. Now Chilis is awesome and is about a 2 minute walk from the hotel. Go PAST Pizza Hut and eat there. You have Pizza Hut in England! Now I had emailed ahead of time and asked for a room with a view. The higher levels do offer some great views of Universal. I didn't mention anything at the desk and was just going to wait and see what we got. It took a little time to check-in to be honest. It wasn't that busy that there was only one lady and the phone was ringing a lot. I didn't get her name or anything. Like I said I'm not one of those reviews who is chatting up the staff while Orlando is waiting. But anyway, we're in, we've handed over Card Details. Now this is a bit of a sticky point that I didn't fully understand. They take a $50 dollar deposit plus $1 a day for the safe in the room. Now that's regardless if you want the safe or not. That wasn't made clear to me at check-in. So anyway we've signed all the paperwork, handed over card details and made it to our room. The elevator worked fine. You know up and down, doors opened closed, marvellous. The card keys also worked. They worked fine the whole two weeks. The room was..........FINE. It smelt fresh. The furniture was fine. I wouldn't have it in my house but I wasn't going to be slouched in the chair watching Friends all day anyway. There were no bugs. The shower worked. After all the bad reviews, I was expecting something out of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre when I walked in. Nope everything was okay...well it was at this stage. Remember this was afternoon so I didn't have to use the lights. That was later. So we were happy. I didn't know if this was the upgraded room I have asked for but it was the clean so I wasn't about to push my luck, be moved and end up somewhere worse. We had a view of the pool and we could see the top of Hogwarts and Wet & Wild. It did us. We weren't going to be in the room a lot so it was fine.
So we had our first meal at Chili's, came back to get ourselves ready for Islands of Adventure the next morning. We discovered half the lights didn't work. We tried to switch plugs...still no luck. How odd. We had a few that did work, so we thought "ah forget it" it was late and Islands of Adventure was all I was thinking about. We unpacked and the drawers were diabolical. You had to be the Hulk to rip one open and when you did you had the jenga like game of putting it back. But like I said I'm not the kind of person who is going to phone up reception at midnight and ask someone to come and check out my drawers. The bed was fine. No surprises in the lining or anything. No lumps or bumps, only from the girlfriend! way-hay!!
The Air-Con is loud. Very Loud. Louder than sleeping on the Interstate 4. We had to turn it off to sleep. Now that means you can't really sleep with covers on because it's still 75 outside. I suggest moaning about it and seeing where it gets you but I would think that they have the same system in every room. But because you have turned the air-con off you can now hear the fridge, who is trying to make up for the noise his mate the air-con can't make anymore. Also the fridge likes to throw out some nasty smells every so often as well. And no it wasn't me, although the girlfriend accused me a fair few times. The fridge makes the sound like someone is trying to get in the room. It caught me out a few times and I was prepared to go all Batman on the intruder who was trying to steal my Disney merchandise. But my judo skills had to stay hidden as it was just the fridge. The first night, I couldn't sleep. Bit of Jet Lag and excitement I put it down to. I checked out the all night indoor pool. It was nice and quiet. No english families who like to play the game, "who can scream at each other the loudest" Me and the girlfriend went back there one night after a park and it was too busy. Full of English and doing what most English are great at....moaning. Oh it's too hot out there. Disney is too expensive. You know the sort. We quickly left.
So on the first day we walked to Universal. It's a good 25 minutes but no more than that. It's a nice walk and well worth it if you want to get there early. And I suggest that you do. Get there for 8.30. Now I know from the other reviews that Enclave offers a free bus (god don't I know it) but my experience is that Buses always get you to places late and pick you up early. You miss the "rope drop" and the fireworks and shows late at night. What's the point? If you can do it, I suggest walking it. Very easy. Just turn left out of the hotel and left again up Uni Blvd.
This means that we missed breakfast! Oh no! Not the eggs! How did we manage! There are plenty of cheap places to eat breakfast if you have to get out to a park early. We did manage to get in for the Virgin Breakfast one morning but found it quite depressing in all honesty. I didn't see no guy smiling at me and offering to make me eggs. I saw a bloke who said hello and he said goodbye and it was a very quiet room that looked like a seminar that I have at work. I thought someone was going to come out and start talking about health & safety in the workplace or something. We quickly left. Maybe Enrique had the day off. Who knows. Who cares? You're holiday.
One night we had to go down to reception on our way back from a park because we didn't have a plug for the bath. My girlfriend spent about five minutes explaining what a plug was to the lady at reception. It was a very strange experience.
Anyway the maintenance man was up in a flash, actually he beat us up, and he said he would come back with a new plug. Which he did....at midnight. I'm not letting people in at midnight. So we told him we'd be out all day and he could come back anytime the next day he wanted to. We are nice like that. He was a nice bloke. Looked a bit like Super Mario actually.
We were down the pool one night and got told off by security being in there because one of the doors was locked. I said "yeah but that one wasn't" there was two doors you see. The security guard was a bit confused by that and said because it was broken. Might be nice to invest in a pen and paper and write something on the gates if you don't want people in the pool. Just a suggestion.
Anyway the two weeks went by in a flash. Spent every single cent we had and don't regret one thing. Now the staff didn't bother us and we didn't bother the staff. We didn't use the free bus or have the free breakfast.
The hotel is a at a great location. For the money, you couldn't find better. The rooms are basic but it's nice to have a balcony for once. Other hotels for a similar price don't.
The Air-Con situation needs to be looked at. It's a must in Florida and it really lets the room down.
I wouldn't stay there again. I think it's nice to explore new places down I drive and Orlando area. It's an okay hotel and I recommend it for people who are up and out. I recommend Orlando only to people who are up and out.
Next time i'm going to try and save up a little more and stay onsite at Disney. It's not much more expensive. Virgin do some good deals. When you're standing waiting for a tram to take you back to you car after a 13 hour day at Magic Kingdom...then you will know what I'm talking about.

Room Tip: We stayed in Block 2, Level 3 and got to see the tip of Hogwarts. Go higher and you will see more...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at The Enclave Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind and extensive review of our property! It pleases us to hear that you and your girlfriend had a great holiday. We appreciate all of your feedback, and hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you are visiting Orlando. Thanks again.
fife
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Thomsons need to seriously look at this hotel. What you see in brochure or online is defo not what you get. Changes need to be made to stop the levels of stress and upset to customers and the hotel staff who have to get stressed out with the number of complaints. I also think management of the Enclave need to look at upgrading these apartments. On arrival I was so stressed to the point that I was ready to move hotels or jump on a plane back home. Our first room was sooo DIRTY and SMELLY and GRUBBY furniture, carpet burns all over carpets and bed linen and the shower was awful no way would I have stepped one foot in that. 4 adults were expected to sit out in very small veranda with only 2 chairs. Only 3 seats at dining table. No way would I have put food in the old dirty fridge and kitchen cupboards.... oh I could go on and on!!! I was only in the room seconds and had seen enough, I went back down to reception to ask to be moved. I was told there was nothing else to give me (DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THIS BTW). By the time I was back at reception 3 others were at the back of me with the same complaints. 1 woman had enough and was getting moved hotels. They asked us to stay over night in that room and they were going to move us to an upgraded room in morning. When I went back in morning I was told there was no other room for us.... oh well by this time the steam was coming out my ears but I kept calm. I asked to speak to a manager and was introduced to "HANNAGH".... she was superb. She found us another room and took my daughter and I up to see it but we were not happy with that room either . Hannah was brilliant with us and eventually 3 rooms later she managed to find us a better room (not perfect but ok) on the 10th floor room 2003 which had the huge veranda with a table and 6 chairs and 3 sun loungers and brilliant views over the lake, wet 'n' wild and universal. Furniture was worn and done, carpets were dirty and covered in cigarette burns and the bed linen wasn't perfect and had cigarette burns all over them and the tv kept cutting out. My son and daughter aged 22 and 28 shared a twin room and the drawers and tv unit were a health and safety hazard with only 3 legs and lopped sided. We actually had a man with a dog in our room checking the beds for bed bugs they did this every 3 month he explained but I was just so glad the dog never found anything. The corrider carpets were so dirty and smelly. The lift had a mind of its own!! Outside pools were nice but I never saw them cleaning or washing down the pool area the whole 2 wks we were there Inside pool looked a bit grubby to us. Shuttles from hotel were free. Grab n go brekkie was ok but nothing spectacular. Did see the rep on our first morning but didn't get the information about our return shuttle to airport the night before so I was left to sort this out on my own. Cleaners do come in most days if you ask but the cleaning standards are not high. We had a hair grip lying on bathroom floor on arrival and it was still there when we left. Tin of athletes foot powder left in a drawer from previous holiday makers. They would mop floor without sweeping it so still dirty afterwards. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THINKING IF YOU EMAIL THE HOTEL BEFORE YOU GO AND ASK ABOUT A NICE ROOM THAT THINGS WILL BE OKAY WHEN YOU ARRIVE BECAUSE THEY WON'T. And if staff say you are in an upgraded room do not be fooled by that either as their upgraded expectations is nothing like ours. It could be just that they have added a new tv unit or a new fridge and the rest is still grotty!! I would advise people to ask to view the rooms before you accept them as friends of ours did that but they had to ask to view another room as they were not happy at the low standards of the room they were put in. Once I got settled I have to say our stay was really good and the staff were superb and could not do enough for you. I do feel sorry for the staff as they do get a lot of complaints and are under so much pressure but you never see or hear them complaining. Kristina on reception was good but I have to say a HUGE thank you to HANNAH as her customer service standards were SUPERB. Everytime I saw her she always asked if everything was ok. I also have to say a HUGE thank you to BURNETTE from the restaurant/ shop.... she was a legend, sooo sooo funny with a good heart. thank you so much for my birthday surprise, wine, choccies etc. and cannot forget the famous "TERRY" on the shuttle bus.... he was brilliant, a good laugh and very friendly. This hotel is central for everything from shops, malls, parks, I-ride, restuarents (CHILLIES, TGI Fridays are close by). Try out the tilted kilt for a meal/drink. This holiday is such a good experience and 1 we will never forget.

Room Tip: Block 2, room 2003 on 10th floor. Ask to view the room before you accept it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at The Enclave Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments. We're so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent stay. However, we appreciate your comments and have relayed your insights to our management team. We are glad that you found our staff very helpful and friendly, and will certainly pass your compliments along. Thanks again.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have to give this hotel 5 stars! People can nit pick at things for e.g "small tv" "small hole in blanket" "pools not big enough" "not enough cereals etc etc. Stop complaining! If you didn't want a budget hotel that is fantastic value, you shouldn't have stayed here!!! Staff couldn't do enough for you, any problems were dealt with quickly. Not that we had many anyway. Our room which was on the tenth floor (top floor) was excellent, comfortable and clean. All as requested even the room number. Because of our son with special needs, Melissa made sure that everything was in place when we got there. Room was great, cleaned every couple of days, or when requested. Large terrace overlooking lakes and pool and great to watch fireworks over Orlando every night! Pools were great for when you needed a chill day. Plenty of room and loungers. Food on site was good for quick snack and friendly staff such as Bernette in the shop who was happy to help with anything. Breakfast with Virgin was of good quality with Enrique keeping the omelettes and eggs flowing in the morning. Always with a smile on his face, he made us laugh every morning with his jokes and great sense of humour even when things got a little chaotic in the breakfast room, he coped well, We always managed to find a table, and food varied each day, but plenty to choose from. Elsewhere the hotel offers great location for theme parks free shuttle bus to parks and small fee for Disney. The Local taxi service is available on site for good value too, (very nice people) And Terri the shuttle driver is great singing Wheels on the bus and keeping everyone smiling on the way to the parks! All in all this is a fab hotel and don't let anyone on here put you off, great value for families and should there be any problems, they will sort it for you, you just have to be nice to them and they will of course be nice to you! We miss you already Enclave especially Enrique, will be back!

Room Tip: Higher floors are good, large terrace rooms such as ours give a fantastic view. And ask for a refur...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at The Enclave Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thanks for sharing this review with us! We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and guest services. We will gladly pass your compliments on to the staff members you have mentioned here. Once again, thanks for the review and we hope to see you soon!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

After reading other reviews I was terrified I had booked some awful hotel, I am pleased to say say that I didn't. Ok the rooms are not decorated with modern furniture but I didn't go to Florida for the furniture in my room, it was clean, tidy and well equipped. The staff at this hotel are friendly and helpful my room was cleaned even if I forgot to put the sign up. Breakfast was ok with your usual eggs, bacon, cereal and fruit and much more. The pool and other areas of the hotel where clean and tidy, the pool area wasn't overly busy and they also have 3 hot tubs by the 3 different pools. Location: it is near everything and if you have a car and feel comfortable driving then it is a perfect place to stay. They do transport to universal, wet wild, sea world, which is great but can be a pain if you have young children as the bus doesn't pick you up until 7pm mine had had enough by 4 so had to hang around. Universal is within walking distance but after walking all day and the heat it didn't sound like fun to me. Getting to disney is a pain 50 dollars a day with the hotel transport and 40 dollars in a cab. In fact I'm going to say if you don't drive and you want to enjoy disney then this isn't the hotel for you. All in all I have no complaints with this hotel it's near supermarkets, restaurants, pirates show is across from the hotel too.
We all had a fantastic time.

• Stayed August 2013
Thanks for sharing! We’re so happy to hear that you had a fantastic stay, and that you enjoyed our dining options, location, and pool area. Again we appreciate you writing this review, and we hope you will choose to stay with us again soon.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I'll start by saying that what you are sold by Thomas cook is not what you get. That is the false sales pitch they give and once you have paid for your holiday expect to be ignored. The flight, I had to pay for adapters after reading up on advice to take my own headphones. Somewhat pointless as some sockets were damaged and the tv screens are such poor quality you may aswell not watch tv. Food, eat before you board both ways. Buy your own water, snacks and drinks unless you don't mind paying extortionate prices on board. You only get 2 ounces of liquid with a meal. Don't bother buying mosquito bands on the transfers as you get bitten anyway.

Hotel. I had no or little expectations after reading all reviews. Yes on approaching it looks great. Reception small, busy but clean. The first room I saw was falling apart and I refused to accept it. Ended up in building 2. I'd say much better room in that it was bigger. Clean to an extent, s I had to ask room service to vacuum again as there was hair and food in places. I'd like to say hat the staff try their best, faced with what they have to work with. They try and accommodate if you kick up a fuss else you have to make do.

Breakfast was ok for tea and donuts/cakes/pastries. Get in early if you wants toast or expect to queue up. Hot breakfast was ok if you wanted it. Dining room is small and expect to wait to get a seat if you go after 7.30am. Pizza Hut was handy but speak slowly and again expect to wait, as the same person has of run the shop, manage counter and cook. Inside pool was ok but no clean, outside was a lot better.

Eating out was great. Walk out of hotel, take a left and walk 3 mins to I drive. Go left for McDonald's, BK, Denny's, cici pizza (best place to eat and use kids eat free card). To the right it's a long long walk to KFC and other nice places.

There is a Walgreens next to KFC or one next to McDonald's. shop there as hotel shop and local stores are pricey.

I ride. Ok it's hard to catch one. Due o where stop 11/12 is south or north you very rarely get on because when's its full they drive past. Peak hours you can forget it. So my advice is don't buy pass. The lynx buses are better. No 8 goes to outlets(north) get off at stop 1 for great outlets. Didn't go to south outlets as too far. Seaworld-get I ride or use hotel transfer. You don't need long day there. Disney- get lynx 8, ask to get off to transfer for 50 which will take you to magic kingdom. Ask for transfer ticket when u get on as your travel is valid for 90 mins (lynx ticket is $2. Disney has free transfers once your there. So getting about once there is ok. For universal use the hotel transfers. Per order taxi and arrange price when you plan on staying late as it helps.

If you have kids with you, seriously take a stroller. It's hard for adults to walk all day. Always visit restroom with kids before getting in long queues for rides, learnt that lesson as you will not get to one until you get off the ride and out.

Disney have free wifi. Use the app. Ask for ice water from any counter service s it's free. Universal-buy refill drink as it works out better. Take snacks with you everywhere accept aquatics as they make you throw it away unless your dead good at hiding it in your towels. You can leave bag with stroller so long as its not got anything valuable, no one touches it.

Take your squash from UK as there it is punch and its weak. My kids would not drink water and hated punch so luckily I took my own and plenty of it. If you have fussy eaters, I took noodles, snack bars, biscuits and snacks I know my kids eat. So I never had to worry about them eating, as once I was back at hotel I could feed them.

The holiday itself was amazing, use fast pass at disney. We did all rides and attractions. Didn't miss one thing out, with the use of app as you can see wait times, closed attractions etc. only thing was in all the excitement I forgot to take photos.

Overall plan, and you will be ok!

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room, view before you accept, then hope the beds are ok.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for providing such a detailed review, with lots of tips for future guests. We appreciate your feedback, and are sorry to hear that you encountered some issues during your stay. However, we are glad that our fantastic staff was able to look after you. Once again, thank you for the feedback and we hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Been to The Enclave Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!