We just bout our DVC membership January 2012 and got to finally use it. We chose this resort as the rooms have 2 queen beds versus the usual 1 queen and a hide a bed. We usually stayed at Pop Century, so to go from that to this was amazing. This resort was so quiet and relaxing and exceeded expectation's. We stayed in the Hospitality section, which I recommend as you are a short walk to the main building and amenities. We had a first floor room, so no stairs; there are only a few buildings that have elevators so if you have mobility issues definitely get ground level. The patio looked right onto the golf course, so there was no noise and allowed for sitting on the patio most evenings listening to fountains and nature.
The only down side was we were never informed that the quick serve and main pool would be closed for most of our visit. I found this out from a third party website, and when I phoned Disney they said everything was open. The main pool did open half way through our vacation and was nice to use, very family friendly. The part I didn't care for was during previous years we would go for a swim after getting back from the parks at all hours, now they closed the pools down for the night. The quick serve was a bit of a joke, it was in a food truck that didn't have anything working right, so we only ate there once.
We will definitely be back here, but not for a few years as there are so many DVC resorts to try before we start staying in the same places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the romance of the Florida Keys at this tranquil community of Conch Flats-a sprawling island hamlet with shimmering waterways, swaying palm trees and manicured golf-course fairways. Delight in sun-soaked pools, casual dining and such amenities as fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes. A peaceful tropical paradise, Disney's Old Key West Resort is also just a boat ride away from the excitement of the Downtown Disney area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Venere, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Disney's Old Key West Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Old Key West Hotel Orlando
- Old Key West Resort
- Disneys Old Key West Hotel
- Disney Old Key West Resort
- Key West Disney
- Disneys Old Key West Resort