We stayed at Disney's Old Key West from November 14th to 21st. We were very happy with everything about this resort. From the moment we arrived on the Magical Express to the moment we left the service was excellent. The villa was perfect for us and and our two adult children. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained.
Transportation - We had no problem with the bus service to and from the Disney theme parks. We normally waited only 5 minutes with the longest wait on one occasion being 15 minutes and that was because the driver was transporting someone in a motorized scooter from an earlier stop which had to be secured within the bus. Some reviews have complained that it takes a long time to arrive at the theme parks when utilizing the bus service, however, I think if you were driving on your own you would find that once you drive, park and then take a shuttle from the parking lot to the front gate, there would not be that much time savings. Magical Express is free to and from the airport and is a great option for those not wanting to bother renting a car.
Villas - We booked a one bedroom villa which was perfect for four adults. The unit was very spacious and had everything we needed if we wanted to cook in the unit. It was equipped with all of the necessary dishes and cooking utensils as well as being provided with paper towels, dish and dishwasher soap, coffee, tea, sugar, laundry detergent, etc. As far as the washroom is concerned there are two separate areas - one with a sink and jacuzzi tub, and one with a sink, shower and toilet. You can request a bathroom with two separate entrances to the toilet area so you do not have to go through the bedroom to access it. From what I understand, these are in buildings 30 and higher. I contacted the resort directly prior to our arrival and requested a villa on the top floor with a second entrance to the bathroom and was accommodated no problem.
Restaurant - We went to Olivia's for dinner twice and found the food and service to be excellent. We dined at several different sit-down restaurants within the parks and found Olivia's to be more reasonably priced. There is also a bar and take-out style restaurant along the boardwalk at the resort which also provided us with great service.
We ordered groceries in advance on-line from gardengrocer.com. This turned out to be excellent as we had taken advantage of the Magical Express and did not have a rental car. We ordered mainly breakfast foods along with a few lunch and snacks items. We also ordered beer and wine which was nice to have after a long day at the parks. They deliver right to the resort and should your order arrive before you, bell services will keep it in a secure area and refrigerate any perishables in their fridge for you.
We loved the ferry service which you can get right from this resort to Downtown Disney.
We also enjoyed the pool and hot tub located in the Turtle Pond area where there is a snack bar. There is also a main pool with activities located near the Hospitality House and two other pools within the resort.
All in all, we had a great stay at this resort and would definitely stay here again. We would highly recommend this resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Old Key West Resort is a 761-room Resort that conjures up the leisurely romance of the Florida Keys. Discover the tranquil community of Conch Flats—an island hamlet of brilliant green landscapes, pastel-colored Victorian architecture and ornate gingerbread accents. Nestled among swaying palm trees, shimmering waterways and the lush golf fairways of the Lake Buena Vista Golf Course, the Resort's Guest rooms include studio, one-bedroom, 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom Villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Disney's Old Key West Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Old Key West Hotel Orlando
- Old Key West Resort
- Disneys Old Key West Hotel
- Disney Old Key West Resort
- Key West Disney
- Disneys Old Key West Resort