“Disney's Old Key West Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Old Key West Resort

Save Saved
You added Disney's Old Key West Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Old Key West Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1510 North Cove Road, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830-1000   |
Ranked #68 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Greenwood, Indiana
“Disney's Old Key West Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband, Mother-In-Law and I really enjoyed this resort. We were only able to get a one bedroom but the sofa lets out into a bed and there is a half chair that lets out into a bed. Sofa bed was very comfortable. Room was very large and roomy. Our only complaints are about the distance from rooms to the pool area. If you drive a car you are OK. However we took the Disney Magical Express bus from the airport and used the Disney buses to get to the parks. And once you get used to the bus system it is not too bad. However it is a long walk from some of the rental units to the pool so again you can either walk, drive or take one of the resorts Disney buses to the pool area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
Newtown Square, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Disney's Old Key West is by far my favorite place to stay in Disneyworld. This past week, we stayed in a studio in the Turtle Pond area. It was absolutely lovely. The housekeeping staff is extremely attentive, too. Our toaster was broken and was immediately replaced. We never had a long wait for a bus to the parks--the most we waited was about 20 minutes one day. The pool and snack bar in the Turtle Pond area are great. The food at the snack bar was fresh, and the pool was never crowded. Hope to return in the spring!

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We have used our DVC points on 5 different resorts now. While we love Animal Kingdom Lodge and Bay Lake Tower, we would easily stay at Old Key West again. We had a studio on the second floor of block 28 for a one night stay. The room is spacious, very quiet and the layout is really unique and functional. The bed was very comfortable and we had a great nights sleep. We found it much better than the similar Saratoga Springs overall. Excellent value considering are all-in cost for the points worked out to less than $90 for the night stay.

We enjoyed the pool and the shopping, but the quick service has quite the bee problem and is rather slow! The only problem at the pool is how much you can hear the road noise (Busses) compared to a layout like Caribbean Beach Club where the road is on the other side of the main facility. I would have also expected more dining options for a resort this size.

Transportation to and from the parks was easy. We were only a 5 minute walk from the central facilities. I can imagine it being a bit of a pain if you are further away. The grounds are well taken care of and the transportation to downtown disney on the canal is a perfect cruise.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We arrived late (9.30pm) but had already emailed a few weeks earlier to request a quiet location on a higher floor. We know that this is request only, but were put in a really dingy, musty room on the ground floor backing onto the main road (block 14 - avoid!). I complained as we'd paid a lot of money for this accommodation but was told they were full (really?) but that we could move the next day which we did to block 18 unit 34 which was perfect (one bed condo) but a bit of a pain having to pack again and wait until 4pm for this to be ready.
Block 18 was fairly close to hospitality house - five minutes walk and had lovely views over the golf course and two lakes. It was light and airy. Only problem was a large cockroach we managed to capture on the first night! Didn't see any after that. Large kitchen and bathroom, laundry room and you could ask for a tea kettle (good for us Brits!). We didn't spend that much time using the facilities as we had a busy schedule and we did our own breakfasts but Olivia's restaurant looked nice.

As others have said this is a big resort. The main pool was always busy but we used the Turtle Pond pool which was smaller and quieter with a snack bar and there was also another pool at Millers Rd.

Transport links are good - lots of buses to the parks from hospitality house and also a lovely boat trip to Downtown Disney. Shop overpriced but fairly easy to drive to I-Drive and big supermarkets.
All in all a great stay and what must surely be the biggest on site space - perfect for families.

Room Tip: Blocks 17,18 and 19 were all good and walkable to hospitality house. Avoid any blocks backing onto...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Woodstock, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was our first stay at Old Key West and we LOVED the room sizes! It is more spacious than any other Disney resort we have stayed in. Also, the deck area is actually usable! It is lovely to be able to sit on the balcony and have breakfast or coffee! This was a great stay! The staff was fantastic as well. The only drawback was the lack of housekeeping, unless you request it and no room service to speak of. Not a big issue for us though.

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Just took my first trip to WDW. I initially started to plan this trip myself, but after seeing a few deals come and go without much success navigating the system myself I ran to the professionals. Lisa's Magical Moments Vacations (website or facebook), otherwise known as Lisa Monroe, got me into Old Key West at a discount, hooked up my park tickets and patiently answered my questions...over and over again:) My son has autism and she had some really good suggestions for me as to resorts and ideas to acclimate him to the parks. I highly recommend working with her. The Disney system is so smooth! Their transportation to and from the airport and around the Disney properties was perfection and my last morning found my room checkout, Magical Express and flight vouchers all hanging on my room door. Old Key West is beautiful. Every morning I would sit out on my patio and watch the golf carts start coming in as the gold course is nestled right in the resort. Having an Aspie son, there were a few things I needed to check out...he hates bees and wasps, but I can honestly say that I only saw three bees the entire time I was there and they were hanging around the soda dispenser by the pool. The delivery pizza was very good and Olivias, the restaurant on site, has no problem with special requests. The t.v. in the room has a dvd player so you can rent or bring your own movies and you can hook up a gaming system...HUGE bonus points for a family like ours who have to split up the day and spend quite a bit of downtime in the room. Mousekeeping was perfect...no problem with requests for towels, extra coffee. It was dead quiet at night and the temp control is run by outside units so there's no noise in the room from that either. I'm hoping to return again next year. These are actually part of the Disney Vacation Club resorts, but if they don't fill up they rent them out to non-members yet I was not once badgered about joining. There's information if you want it, but only if you initiate an interest.

Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We've probably been to Old Key West 20 times. Never disappointed. I love this resort over the others because it is more apartment-like. You can drive right up to your room area, rather than walking down big long hallways. These are the largest of the Disney Vacation Club resort rooms. They are very light and airy. Beautiful views out all windows. It is very comfortable for the number of people alotted.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Old Key West Resort? Share your experiences!