“Magic Kingdom not up to snuff” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom
3111 World Drive, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)
407-934-7639
Website
Improve this listing
Visit Magic Kingdom like an insider
Top Rated
$109*
and up
Disney Character Breakfast at Chef Mickey's...
Ranked #6 of 285 things to do in Orlando
Activities: Dining, Shopping
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The first of the 4 theme parks to open at Walt Disney World Resort, Magic Kingdom park captures the enchantment of fairy tales with exciting entertainment, classic attractions, beloved Disney Characters and so much more.
San Francisco, California
“Magic Kingdom not up to snuff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I recently went to Magic Kingdom (and a few other theme parks) in early October. We had a blast, but were all disappointed by the Magic Kingdom. We were expecting to see, among other attractions, the fully Halloween-decorated Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, and Toon Town. To our surprise, the Haunted Mansion was unchanged for Halloween even though they advertise differently with the posters and t-shirts (it is redone for the Halloween them in LA, but I guess not here in Orlando). It's a Small World was closed for renovation and Toon Town was also closed for updating. The staff was less than friendly as well. Disney should not be able to justify the $300+ we paid for the 4 of us - my wife, 7 year old daughter, 9 year old son, and myself - to go to a half open park that really doesn't seem to care about it's customer. Don't get me wrong....we're a big Disney family. We've done the Disney cruises twice and been to Disney World now twice along with at least 4 visits to Disneyland and California Adventure in LA. Just don't waste your time or your money going to the Magic Kingdom. Enjoy Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and even Universal if you're going to spend a few days here.

• Arabic first
Livermore, California
10 attraction reviews
“Not really magic...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

Disney is getting pounced on in the ratings these days, as the magic kingdom currently is sitting at #13 and i can see why.

The positives include a clean park, a nice atmosphere, and plenty of things for smaller kids to do. I will say 1 thing i did like was Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor. It was a blast, the people that are behind the scenes running that do a great job!

The negatives are the ridiculous ticket prices ($82 to get in for an adult + $14 to park), nothing for older kids or adults to really do (they need a new area like Harry Potter at Universal) and the lack of updating anything in the park. Im curious how Disney can justify making a family of 4 spend over $300 to just get into their park these days (that doesn't include parking or food) when they don't update ANYTHING!

Disney better watch it in these economic times, people may get wise to how they are sucking money away without giving a quality product in return.

Wolverhampton
“Disney Magical kingdom is losing its touch.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

Me and my family went on the 25th September 2010. We took the boat ride to the kingdom, a nice touch for the kids.
It all looked lovely and the rides were good.....BUT......Magical kingdom was really full, do disney know when its getting to full to the brim ?
The wait for a lot of the rides was pathetic. Way too long !!!!
If you love standing in line, you will love it.....
The food was over priced, the merchandise is over priced too.
Its becoming a rip off. When we had rain, they switched off all outside rides too.
Disney is becoming a money maker , when will it ever get in touch with the normal person again ?

Yorkshire
45 attraction reviews
“Its Disney at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Just visited with my wife on 19th of Sept and had an amazing day. We didn't go until the afternoon as we had been to epcot in the morning (best to allow a day for each park) but as it was off season we managed to do almost everyrthing. Take advantage of the fast passess which are limited, but free. We used these on big thunder mountain and space mountain, which were both good but quite tame. The afternoon parade was good, but shorter than we expected. Pretty much every ride was great, so can't single much out except to say make sure you go on Mickeys Philarmagic and Monster Inc laugh floor. These were my favourite, don't know how they do monsters inc - they interact with the audience live and its very funny. Most rides had short queue times, except Peter pans flight, that was 50min so didn't get to do that. The hall of presidents robots are amazing, but the show is not that intersting if your not american. Had tea at pinnochios, which was okay, nothing different. There are plenty of great shops and the nightime fireworks topped the day off for us - amazing. It doesn't get better than this for a theme park.

London, United Kingdom
60 attraction reviews
“Love it, Love it, Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

Even though 'Its a small world' was closed for refurbishment (I found this out from the Disney website prior to travelling) I still loved my days spent at this park. My husband and I visited twice during September and there were no queues for any rides. We do however, make a point or arriving at 8am on the days the park opens early for resort guests so by the time most people are heading into the park at 11am we have done the main rides and are strolling around doing the rest or returning for a 2nd go on the ones we did earlier.

The best thing to do when visiting any of the Disney parks is plan, plan, plan. Go onto the Disney website, see what rides you want to do or that are most important and head there first. Wear comfortable shoes as you will be doing a lot of walking. Try to avoid eating lunch between 12 & 2 if possible. I have been coming to this park every 2 years for the past 8 years and I can tell you the most popular ride by far is Peter Pan, it is a small kids ride (Very good but not sure why so popular), if you want to do this one then do it first.
All Disney staff were helpful and friendly and I never encountered any problems at all.
Any advice you want I will be happy to help