“An EXCELLENT representative of Orlando, Florida” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom
3111 World Drive, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)
407-934-7639
Website
Improve this listing
Visit Magic Kingdom like an insider
Top Rated
$109*
and up
Disney Character Breakfast at Chef Mickey's...
Ranked #6 of 285 things to do in Orlando
Activities: Dining, Shopping
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The first of the 4 theme parks to open at Walt Disney World Resort, Magic Kingdom park captures the enchantment of fairy tales with exciting entertainment, classic attractions, beloved Disney Characters and so much more.
Yorba Linda, California
“An EXCELLENT representative of Orlando, Florida”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

Disney World is not just one big park like Disneyland in California, it has four parks. You need a lot more time to experience everything. One of the parks is Magic Kingdom. Magic Kingdom is almost like Disneyland, it has some of the rides including Space Mountain, The Tikki Room, and much more. Though, it has mostly original rides. If you are from California, I would suggest to skip the rides that you already know, and just go to the original rides.

It takes a full day for Magic Kingdom. We went for about 9 hours, but we still didn't finish the whole Magic Kingdom So, I would suggest for you first-timers to go to Magic Kingdom at about 9:00 and leave at closing time.

Travelers should bring water-misters because they cost about 5 dollars at Magic Kingdom, so you could buy them at Walmart and save money. You should also bring suncream and a couple of snacks. In Orlando, it is very humid, and Magic Kingdom has only two things they can do for you. In Tomorrow Land, they have a place called "Cool Scanner" It is basically just like a Rain Room to cool off from the hot sun. The second thing they have for you folks is air conditioner. You will feel very relaxed in the ride because it is cool and refreshing because you just came from the hot air.

Some good rides you can check out is "The Laugh Floor" which is really interactive, "Space Mountain" which is probably the best and the fastest ride in Magic Kingdom, (I wouldn't know because we didn't finish it.) and the "Mickey's PhilmarMagic 3D movie" which was just so, Disney! You don't really need any advice for "Mickey's PhilmarMagic 3D Movie" or "The Laugh Floor", but you do need to know that in "Space Mountain", you should take everything out of your shirt pockets and put it in your pant pocket, because things are bound to fall out. Things fell out in my trip, but luckily we took it out before it dropped in the ride. Though, our hotel key, and our fast-passes dropped. But luckily, we had an extra hotel key...

What you should NOT do is do NOT go on the Peter Pan Ride and wait an hour of waiting in line. It was horrible, and we wasted an hour of our life waiting in a line GOING AROUND THE BUILDING. What everybody should do, is on your map, look at the attractions you would like to go on, and then get their fast passes at 2:00 pm, then do other rides while you wait for the fast pass time, because we did that for Magic Kingdom and it worked perfectly, so why not do it for other rides? I would suggest to just go to the parks that you think are worth it, and then go back to the other parks at the end. But make sure to use your fast passes. They are worth more than they seem. Because there is one thing that is the most expensive thing in the world, and that is TIME.

For your dining attractions, it depends on where you are. We at the Starlight Cafe, and it was great! But if you are at somewhere else, then I guess just go at whatever food place is there.

We were going on Dumbo the Flying Elephant, and we waited for about 40 minutes, to get to go to the ride after the current one. So we waited until the current ride would start, but it wouldn't start for 10 minutes, and then they announced there was technical difficulties, and it would take a little while more. So we waited 30 more minutes, and the ride finally started, and it lasted only for TEN MINUTES, and that was it for them. Then, it was our turn and we got the same thing, only ten minutes of a ride. I still stand by my opinion by saying they should have given everyone that was waiting in line, and the people who were waiting in the dumbos and us some type of apology like a second ride or something, because that wasn't fair for us, we had much more to do in the park than wait for some person to announce that the technical difficulties are finished. We still had 4 parks in Magic Kingdom to go.

The fireworks were fantastic and then we went home. I think overall it was very good. I think over the four parks that we went to, Tomorrow Land and Fantasy Land was the best parks inside of Magic Kingdom.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“great park/rides, poor food service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

Disney as always has top notch facilities and entertainment, but don't expect much from the food at Magic Kingdom. On street vending consist of hot dogs, turkey legs, ice cream and popcorn. We waited longer in lines to buy a bottle of water than to go on rides. We stayed for the extra magic hours (until 2am). After the fireworks at 11pm, it is nearly impossible to find a vendor still open selling drinks or a snack. They must send 80% of thier staff at home after the fireworks! Not to metion Disney charges $2.50/bottle of water. I was be shocked if they were paying coke more than 3 cents per bottle.
It is frusturating to pay an arm an leg to get into the park and then continue to get hosed on simple neccessities like water.

Too bad Disney is to arrogant to take feedback on such a matter as this!

Tampa, Florida
13 attraction reviews
“Dreams come true............”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

We went to Magic Kingdom on 4th July. The park was jam packed, we could not do all the rides. When in the night we saw the fireworks and the main street electric parade, we realized that we have never seen anything so amazing before. The colors of the castle against the the backdrop of the fireworks are spectacular. It is a must see place for fireworks.

Casselberry, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“More than I could have imagined”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

At the first look of the ticket prices to get into Disney's Magic Kingdom I was thinking you have got to be kidding me. But we took the dive and went ahead and spent the money to visit Disney World. All I can say is WOW! It was the best money I have ever spent for an "amusement park". Its so much more! Parades, rides, shows, shops...everything you could ask for and more. The thing that made it the best...they made it personal. Buzz Lightyears character stamped his name for autographs...but when my children presented him with a Toy Story 3 book, he actually signed it. Prince Charming deboarded a float in a parade and said "Hello Princess" to my daughter...Peter Pan went out of his way to tell my son Happy Birthday (He was wearing a Bday button). The shops were reasonably priced unbelieveably, the park was so clean you could eat off the ground and the employees were more than friendly. It was litteraly more than I could have ever imagined and well worth the money...we will surely go back and spend even more time (and money).

Kenner
46 attraction reviews
“still the best of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

Of all the amusement parks I've been to, Magic Kingdom is still the best of the best. It is made even better when staying on property and using the "extra hours" We were lucky enough to arrive on Friday, which had the extra hours from midnight to 3am at Magic Kingdom. We rode all the high volume rides during these hours, leaving the smaller rides (and some of those that are better seen during the day) for another day. This time was really great because it wasn't as hot as during the day and there weren't any crowds. Returned in the evening on another day to do the "daytime" rides, those we'd missed and to see the parade and fireworks. Parade was great - fireworks had a malfunction, so part was delayed - we didn't know that, so we left - only to hear them.