“Worth it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom
3111 World Drive, Orlando, FL 32830 (Central Business District)
407-934-7639
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$119*
and up
Disney Character Dinner at Chef Mickey's...
Ranked #8 of 85 Attractions in Orlando
Type: Disney, Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
Activities: Dining, Shopping
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The first of the 4 theme parks to open at Walt Disney World Resort, Magic Kingdom park captures the enchantment of fairy tales with exciting entertainment, classic attractions, beloved Disney Characters and so much more.
Meriden, Connecticut
47 attraction reviews
“Worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a 4.5 hour behind the scenes tour at Magic Kingdom. Our tour guide was Katie and she was fantastic. Everyone is given a headset so they can hear her. We started by ordering our lunch and were given some bottled water, then we got going.

Katie explained the key principles of Disney and how they strive for efficiency, show, etc. We walked around Liberty Square, Main Street, and Frontierland. She showed us back stage areas, told us all about Walt Disney, and brought us to lunch at the Columbia Harbor House.

We rode two rides, the Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion, and didnt have to wait in line for either. The Jungle Cruise was a private cruise for our group. Finally, at the end of the tour, we got to go into the famous Utildors, which is the tunnel system cast members use to get around the park.

I dont want to spoil it as some reviews have. It was great. I learned a lot, saw a lot. It was worth every penny.

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Margate City, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
“kids dream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

well you bring your little ones here be prepared to spend some money but woth it seeing the smiles on their faces every little girls dream to be a princess and here you are treated like one awesome

Visited October 2012
Northern MB
8 attraction reviews
“Truly Magical!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Watched a parade of characters when we first got there, the whole family enjoyed it. Lots to see! "Its a small world" ride was great for our 2 year old. We didn't do any other rides because the lines were too long. You have to park your strollers and carry your kids the whole time while in line. Makes for a long wait.

Chicago, IL
16 attraction reviews
“Way too crowded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have been to the Magic Kingdom in Disney World many times. The last couple of times, I have not enjoyed it as much. I am now realizing it is way too many baby strollers.

People bring these giant, double, all-terrain vehicles into the park. These new parents also bring suitcases worth of stuff for the babies. Unfortunately, they clog the walkways. My husband, my son, and I each got hit hard by a stroller. The buses from the resorts are filled with parents and their giant double strollers. They take up way too much space.

The amusing thing is watching parents get mad if they cannot bring their giant strollers on a ride or into a building. How can they transport their baby without a humongous stroller? They will constantly argue with the attendant that they alone should be allowed to bring the stroller on a ride.

Also, the Magic Kingdom is one big construction zone. There is not much of the new Fantasy Land completed, contrary to media reports. Everything is boarded up. Also, many of the restaurants have their facades covered up. I know February is off-season, but I hope a lot of this construction is finished soon.

The day we went to the park was only supposed to be 3.4 out of 10. It was packed with people. Every ride had at least a half hour to an hour wait. We gave up at about 1:30 and came back in the evening. It was cold, so I think a lot of parents with little kids went home. The park was so much more enjoyable at night. We could walk up to most rides with no wait. The fireworks were great.

Someone told us that Disney was offering a Florida resident ticket special. I don’t think Disney anticipated the crowds for this day. The resort buses were packed. There were not enough of them. There was an announcement made at the Magic Kingdom at about 1:00 pm that the park would now be open until 10:00 pm.

While I am ranting, may I request that people not talk on the rides? We were on It’s a Small World and the two ladies in back of us were discussing some house party. When the music got louder, they talked louder. They talked the entire ride. Their conversation was louder than the music. I did turn around a couple of times and smiled at them. They just glared at me.

We did go to other parks this trip, and they were much more enjoyable.

Collegedale, Tennessee
70 attraction reviews
“Magical Birthday! Dreams do come true!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We drove 12 hours to stay in Disney for our sons very special birthday. It was well worth the drive. The magic kingdom was extraordinary! We bought the tickets at our hotel and the put tickets on our handy room key which also triples as a charge card.
We arrived early and jumped on the train to Fantacy land. Then immediately hit goofus barnstormer. It was only a 5 minute wait. We road it three times. Next we went to dumbos double circus where we were able to catch a sneak peek of the new Fantacy land and Beasts castle. So beautiful! We went in October 2012 just days before its opening. Next we went to Winnie the poo ride a classic for sure. Micky's philhermagic. Wow, what a great movie show with live smells sounds feelings and in super fun 3D. Then off to its a small world. Cute for little girls my son not as thrilled. Now it was time for lunch. We had made reservations for Tony's which was straight out of Lady and the tramp. Scrumptious spaghetti and wait staff was awesome. Our table was decorating for my sons birthday and they made sure to make a big deal about it. The parade started immediately after right outside of Tony's!
We hoped back on train and went to adventure land. Hitting the falls ride, train coaster and haunted mansion. Followed by space mtn, which was fun and fast! Getting tired we headed back to our Disney hotel all star movies via Disney bus. What a fun filled packed day. Thank you Disney!