“Booo to you, DW!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World
World Drive, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)
(407) 934-7639
Website
Improve this listing
Book a Tour

Ranked #13 of 196 attractions in Orlando
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Disney
Activities: Dining, Getting married, Golfing, Tennis, Fishing, Rock climbing, Water-skiing, Shopping, Swimming, Group tours/day tour, Driving, Walking
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This world-famous resort consists of four theme parks (Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, MGM Studios, Animal Kingdom), three water parks, more than 20 hotels, eight golf courses and a myriad of attractions.
NorCal
12 attraction reviews
“Booo to you, DW!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

From the moment our Plane landed...it was all downhill for us on this whole Disney experience! We landed at 9pm & got right on the Disney Shuttle - which took us NINTY mins. to get to our Hotel! There was no Traffic, there were no Lines...NINTY mins.! Next, our luggage was promised within 3 hrs. I figured since it was so sparse arriving - it'd be sooner. Wrong. I called down at 12:30am & was told our Hotel was the next stop. When it still hadn't arrived at 1am? They told us they don't deliver past midnight! I was livid! They brought us our Luggage per request - which meant we weren't in bed 'til 2am - wanting to be unpacked & settled to get a fresh start on the day! The hotel itself is a glorified & fancily painted Best Western at best. Our neighbors were smoking the last 4 days of our 6 nights & our room smelled of smoke the entire time! We complained, but nothing could be done. They kept claiming they couldn't 'catch' them...what? If our room smelled that bad - theirs had to be pretty easy to identify! Even the maids were complaining! The bathroom Tub in our Family Suite quit working (would only trickle HOT water) & it took 3 days to get that fixed...and the bathroom fans are on light/motion sensors - which means they kick on every 10 secs! While you're getting dressed - stay on for about 15. Just annoying - especially getting up in the middle of the nigh! The food here was the best we found anywhere - since we didn't want to worry about Scheduling from park to park for a Dining Plan - we were minimized to the Disney food stations/carts for most of our Trip. Add in the ridiculous system provided for Transportation (it took us 1.5 hrs at times to get back to the Hotel & nearly an hr to get from Park to Park) - I'm just not a fan of the whole Disney World experience! Wish we'd been warned NOT to travel with our normal, 3-wheel Jogger! We load it up for ease when we Travel - but, the Buses make you fold it down for every ride! If your child happens to be passed out? Good luck! No seat & have to hold it? Good luck! Season Passholders? Limited discounts available...I'm guessing this is because the Florida Season Passes are MUCH less expensive than ours from California - but, that was an adjustment! Next time (should we ever find ourselves giving in to our adorable almost-5 yr old again in the future)...we'll find the money to stay at the Polynesian - our Luau night there was one of the only 'fun' & stress-free evenings of the Trip! Having the Monorail is much easier than the Buses! We had selected Disney World as one of our 'Bucket List' stops for the Holidays...and were quite surprised they just don't do all that much! We're used to Disneyland - where we always have giggled 'Christmas got sick all over it!' & we love it! We were told by an employee at a hotel that she asked an Exec why that is & was told that people save all their lives for their Disney World experience - come from around the World - and most do not want our Holiday cultures imposed upon them. HuH? That makes no sense to me....but, anyways - Good luck! I'm not sure anything would've deterred us from going on this Trip - but, I wish we'd avoided it!

Visited November 2012

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Very Disappointed in Disney”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We spent a week in Orlando and had a 6 day pass for Disneyworld. Unfortunately, my son got sick on the fifth day of our stay and we could not go to Disney on that day. So, on our last day we wanted to use the remaining two days of our pass to go to Animal and Magic Kingdoms. When we wanted to enter Magic Kingdom we were told that we could not go to two parks on the same day because we hadn't purchased a park hopper ticket but if we wanted we could purchase a park hopper ticket for an additional 50 dollars per person. Since Magic Kingdom was only open for another two hours we decided to go home. I am pretty disappointed in Disney. Nowhere did it say that you can only use your pass for one park per day if you don't have a park hopper ticket. I understand that you cannot use one ticket for two parks on the same day but I don't understand why you cannot use two tickets for two parks on the same day. We paid for two days and could only use one. My five year old son cried and I did, too.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
31 attraction reviews
“Always a great place to come back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Disney is magical. The first time I went with my daughter she was 7 years old. We just spend a day there with her , now 28 and her daughter 6 months old. We had a great time. The baby care center is clean and silent place to feed and change the baby. There are things to do for all ages and once again it's magical!!!!!

Visited December 2012
Port St Lucie
3 attraction reviews
“BEAUTIFUL PLACE AFTER 20 YR VISIT BACK!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Loved all of Disney but even the 1st week in Dec very busy i don't remember how rude allot of people are the new double carriages are the worst thing they could have made they will run you over before they have to move, these young mom's are insane with so many children and they are frustrated and tired WHY!!! they should wait till the child can enjoy it too sad to see that,,,

Visited December 2012
Clover, SC
41 attraction reviews
“Magical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I can't imagine a trip to Florida without a visit to Disney. Between the rides, food, and the general atmosphere Disney can't be beat. I love everything. Every time we visit we talk about wishing we lived closer so it would be easier to visit.