“Excellent Food, Excellent Service, Excellent Atmosphere but a little Pricey” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Padrino's Cuban Bistro

Padrino's Cuban Bistro
13586 Village Park, Suite 304, Orlando, FL 32837 (Hunters Creek)
+1 407-251-5107
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Hunters Creek
Description: With a long list of positive press and great reviews since its opening, Padrinos Cuban Bistro prides itself on preparing authentic Cuban dishes ranging from Palomilla Steak and Seafood Paella, to the original style Cuban sandwich. Also well known for their signature desserts, the restaurant can offers favorites such as the Cuban Flan and Tres Leches, a homemade semi-sponge cake saturated in a sweet combination of three milks.
Apopka, Florida
“Excellent Food, Excellent Service, Excellent Atmosphere but a little Pricey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I discovered this restaurant online while I was searching for a local eatery. Padrino's is being rate one of the top Cuban restaurants in all of Orlando so we decided to endure the 45 min drive to check it out.

Padrino's is located in a mega commercial/retail complex on the surface looked like it was a new development that recently opened. However they have been there for 5 years.

The interior of the restaurant was nice and very clean. The hostess was super friendly and the place is very lively. This is not a place for a romantic dinner, but great for a birthday celebration or just a casual lunch or dinner.

Our server was attentive, friendly and efficient. Just how I like it. When we finished one course she was ready to bring out the next course (we had appetizers, entrees, desert and then a coffee)

There was live music. The one man show sang classic Latin/Spanish hits. Some I heard of and others had no clue. (I'm not Hispanic/Latin) The crowd loved the selection because some tables joined in and sang along.

There was 2 tables celebrating a birthday. The staff will come out with tambourines and other hand held instruments and sing Happy Birthday in Spanish with a Spanish flare. It was very amusing. One table that was celebrating serenaded his wife (the birthday girl). It was very moving and the patrons cheered him on.

THE FOOD!!!:

Simply put AMAZING. Instead of a bread basket you will receive a basket of fried plantains with a garlic dipping sauce. It was good.

We both ordered mojitos. I had a strawberry mojito and my partner had a mango then a traditional mojito. They were very good but don't expect fresh strawberries or mangoes. It's not that type of restaurant but never the less it was extremely good.

We then ordered an appetizer, the Cuban Sampler. It was a great choice because we were able to try an assortment of traditional Cuban snacks from empanadas, croquetas and several tostones with pico de gallo and salsa.We both ordered the churrasco skirt steaks (medium and medium rare) both were tender, juicy and they were a nice portion. The steaks were accompanied with fried sweet plantains, white rice and a table side serving of black beans.

Of course, I mustered up the room to try the flan. It was very good. The caramel was not burnt. The flan was fluffy, and very tasty.

The only thing that was a disappointment was the coffee and prices. I wanted traditional Cuban coffee and I felt like I got an Italian espresso.

The mojitos was reasonably priced at $8.00 and $7.00. The churrasco skirt steaks were a bit pricey for it only to have rice and black beans and 3 small plantains. I think $19.99 was a bit too much, $15 would have been more reasonable.

No regrets the food was excellent but pricey. Having lives in Miami for 9 years this was food at its best but in Orlando. I would go back but perhaps not the desert and definitely not the coffee.

Houston, Texas
“good food, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

so much food we could've shared...the paella was really good and nice break from the Disney crowds. we got ours to go (since the kids were sleep) but next time we'll definitely sit down.

Visited May 2013
Illinois
“Terrific food and good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had a very meal and service experience at Padrino's. I ordered the pork roast which was tender and flavorful. The Moro rice accompaniment was delicious and ample. While I am not a yucca fan, which also came with the pork, it was tender and flavorful. The service was attentive. By far the highlight of the meal was the flan for dessert, probably the best I've had. The only negative is the lack of atmosphere.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“We LOVE Padrinos!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Every time family visits us, we treat them to a night of dinner here. From the plantain chip appetizers & special garlic sauce, you know you are not in just any Cuban food restaurant. They really take pride in their food and in their place. The decor is beautiful, the booths are spacious, and the service is impeccable. The food! Finger-licking good, I say! I have had the ropa vieja, and it is very traditional and yummy. They have a rice dish that is stuffed with cheese, this I never saw in my life, but our friend tried it and liked it. The rice w/chicken was a little bland, but my hubby liked it. Everything I have ordered is super delicious (grilled chicken, full appetizers, and ropa vieja). They have life music on weekend nights that we have been there. Their birthday singing is awesome - a whole big crew comes out with instruments and sings! This is the place to dine for any and every special occasion!

• Visited April 2013
Hughesville, Maryland
“Loved it!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Had the steak and hubby had the chicken with black beans, rice and plantains . Nicely seasoned and both the steak and chicken tender and moist. Delicious.... can not wait to return on our next visit.