“good food, good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Padrino's Cuban Bistro

Padrino's Cuban Bistro
13586 Village Park, Suite 304, Orlando, FL 32837 (Hunters Creek)
407-251-5107
Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Ranked #30 of 3,052 restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Hunters Creek
Description: With a long list of positive press and great reviews since its opening, Padrinos Cuban Bistro prides itself on preparing authentic Cuban dishes ranging from Palomilla Steak and Seafood Paella, to the original style Cuban sandwich. Also well known for their signature desserts, the restaurant can offers favorites such as the Cuban Flan and Tres Leches, a homemade semi-sponge cake saturated in a sweet combination of three milks.
Houston, Texas
“good food, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

so much food we could've shared...the paella was really good and nice break from the Disney crowds. we got ours to go (since the kids were sleep) but next time we'll definitely sit down.

Visited May 2013

90% Recommend
Illinois
“Terrific food and good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had a very meal and service experience at Padrino's. I ordered the pork roast which was tender and flavorful. The Moro rice accompaniment was delicious and ample. While I am not a yucca fan, which also came with the pork, it was tender and flavorful. The service was attentive. By far the highlight of the meal was the flan for dessert, probably the best I've had. The only negative is the lack of atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“We LOVE Padrinos!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Every time family visits us, we treat them to a night of dinner here. From the plantain chip appetizers & special garlic sauce, you know you are not in just any Cuban food restaurant. They really take pride in their food and in their place. The decor is beautiful, the booths are spacious, and the service is impeccable. The food! Finger-licking good, I say! I have had the ropa vieja, and it is very traditional and yummy. They have a rice dish that is stuffed with cheese, this I never saw in my life, but our friend tried it and liked it. The rice w/chicken was a little bland, but my hubby liked it. Everything I have ordered is super delicious (grilled chicken, full appetizers, and ropa vieja). They have life music on weekend nights that we have been there. Their birthday singing is awesome - a whole big crew comes out with instruments and sings! This is the place to dine for any and every special occasion!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hughesville, Maryland
“Loved it!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Had the steak and hubby had the chicken with black beans, rice and plantains . Nicely seasoned and both the steak and chicken tender and moist. Delicious.... can not wait to return on our next visit.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bristol
“Only Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I really wanted to like this restaurant. Having visited Orlando on many occasions I wanted to eat out somewhere that was an alternative to the standard large chains whilst being reasonably priced. The area where Padrino's is has a number of restaurants & when we arrived the area was buzzing with virtually no parking spaces available. Having found a parking space & waiting in the car for a heavy thunderstorm to pass I was surprised that Padrino's was virtually empty with maybe 6 other table occupied. Possibly as a consequence there was no atmosphere in the restaurant. Once we were seated we we given plantain strips & garlic dip to nibble whilst we were looking at the menu. They were lovely & the best part of the meal. However the entrees were disappointing. The slow roasted pork was a little dry in places & didnt have much flavour. The minute was Ok but again had little flavour. For dessert I was tempted by the lemon pie but again thought it average at best.
It is difficult to understand how this restaurant has as high a rating as it does on Trip advisor. I guess the restaurants in Orlando must be average at best. I think I will stick with the tried & trusted large chains in future.

• Visited April 2013