I booked this hotel blind through booking.com as I needed a place to stay for the first night on a fly/drive holiday.
I then found the reviews on this site which, to be frank made me very anxious. I was pleasantly surprised to find the hotel was actually rather nice.
It is indeed 10 minutes away from Orlando International which is very convenient after a tiring 9 hour flight. the check in was fine and ten minutes later I checked into my room.
The room did smell a little perfumed but that was because I had been booked into a smoking room, my friends was a non-smoker and it smelt just fine. The room was well appointed and very clean with a nice tv, fridge and two double beds. The bathroom was, again, very clean. I was delighted with the room to be honest. The staff were friendly as well.
There are no bars nearby which was a pain because we fancied a pint. However, we found a mexican style family run restaurant to the right on the main road as we left the hotel entrance which served beer under 2 dollars a bottle and served us a lovely meal with the best service I have had for years, so... problem solved. After a few beers and a nice meal we felt much more refreshed and relaxed.
The next morning we got up and found the breakfast that is included in the price. It was a buffet job with cereal, toast and pastries together with chicken soup, coffee, teas and fruit drinks. Perfectly adequate and for the price very good value. Don`t get me wrong this is not a 5 star hotel. But for the money (£30) I felt it was of exceptional value and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I have uploaded some photos I took of the room so you can see for yourself.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Orlando / Airport / Florida Mall Hotel Orlando
- Days Inn Orlando / Airport / Florida Mall Hotel
- Days Inn Orlando
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Days Inn Orlando Airport at the Florida Mall has a fantastic location in beautiful South Orlando on US 441. We can be easily accessed from the Florida Turnpike, Beachline and I-4. We are conveniently a short time away from all major Orlando Attractions. We have a free shuttle to and from the airport. With a large meeting space and truck/bus parking we are adequately suited to handle many different types of Groups and Tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Days Inn Orlando / Airport / Florida Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.