“Not impressive whatsoever” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 328 hotels in Orlando
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Not impressive whatsoever”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

We travel a LOT and have had our fair share of really great hotels and others which were really bad. Springhill Suites at Seaworld was kind of on the low end of the middle range. The lobby is nice enough, they have a small circular area which is surrounded by long draping curtains, it makes it look a bit elegant. One of the reasons we went with this hotel is the Starbucks located right in the lobby, however we found it wasn't staffed all the time. We arrived to check in around 6pm and there was no Starbucks staff in sight. That's fine, I basically wanted my espresso in the morning and hotel coffee just doesn't cut it.

So, we arrived at our room, it's not really a suite. It does have a couch and chair and between the bed and the couch is a little desk built into a wall. I wouldn't exactly call it 2 rooms, it was one room with a dividing wall.

The little round pillow on the bed was stained with what I hope was simply food. Otherwise, I'd have to say the room was fairly clean. There was only decaf coffee, although as noted above, there was a Starbucks in the lobby.

Saturday morning we left for the Convention Center and we returned about 6pm...our room had never been cleaned. We had not left any "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door and had not left instructions with the desk or housekeeping, so why our room wasn't cleaned, I really can't figure out. I showered and as I was sitting on the edge of the bed in my bathrobe, housekeeping knocked on the door looking to make up the room. At 6:30pm!! The hotel is not that big, they obviously either don't have enough staff, or their housekeeping staff is totally disorganized.

You can hear the toilet in the room above you flush. The bathroom is split into 2 rooms, the shower was a nice size and in a room with a counter and sink and the toilet was in a small room next to it, with a tiny little sink.

The "free" breakfast consisted of reconstituted egg powder and sausage gravy and biscuits. Not the healthiest of options, but can you complain if it's free?

Not that we used it, but the swimming pool is shared with another hotel, also in the Marriott brand.

Would I return to this hotel again? Most likely not, as Orlando is filled with hotels and this was much farther from the Convention Center than advertised. We thought it was in walking distance at .8 miles, but it was actually almost 2 miles away.

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

650 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Pine Brook, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Traveled to Orlando for a conference at Convention Center on I-Drive. Wanted to stay on I-Drive location but found this hotel. A little off the main drive but conference had shuttle buses to and from and if you rent, I highly recommend this location. This is a new hotel (with the Fairfield Inn & Suites built next door) with clean, beautiful rooms. Decor and finishes are top notch and much cleaner than the older I-Drive hotels (e.g. Embassy, Holiday Inn Castle, hilton etc.) With a free continental breakfast, free in-room internet (wired only), this is a great deal. While I was there for business, plenty of families stayed there and I would recommend for families as well. With the extra suite space the rooms were spacious and the flat screen TV rotates to display in the sitting area or sleeping area. Microwave oven, refrigerator, and separate bath and shower are all just some of the features that make this location so great. If you can stand to be off the I-Drive then this is a great place to stay. Will be definitely staying her again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
McAlester, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The rooms are huge and comfortable and quiet. Did not hear any noise from the adjoining rooms. Only thing I heard was kids running up and down the hall occasionally. But it is Orlando, that is to be expected.

The breakfast was better than most hotels. I loved the way the lobby and breakfast area was designed. Lots of comfortable seating. All of the staff were very nice and attentive. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Red Deer, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

Very nice, clean, modern hotel with extra large room. We had 2 teens and our room had 2 queen beds and a nice big pullout couch. It was also very convenient having 2 washrooms (one toilet). The staff was very friendly and helpful especially the early morning breakfast staff - they were awesome! So friendly and always making sure you had everything you needed. The complimentary buffet breakfast was "tops" - delicious and a great variety. The hotel is conveniently located off the main corridor and close to Sea World. The only down side is if you are planning on doing Disney World, you will have to pay to take a shuttle there and back every day which was $8 per person, and the shuttle times are not the most convenient - either early morning (which is fine if you want to be there when the gates open) but then the next one isn't until 10:45 am. Other than the shuttle, the hotel was wonderful! Nice pool area as well (although we didn't use it because it was too cccccold when we were there :)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Spring Hill, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

We stayed this past weekend February 18-20th for my sons birthday. We checked out the morning of the 20th and went to Seaworld. We were just about home we realized we had left our laptop hidden between the night table and wall. As of this time, it is cannot be located by the hotel staff. We had to go back to Orlando (almost 2 hrs) and fill out a police report. Either hotel employees or the current occupants of the room have the laptop. We feel hopeless to do anything. All of my sons videos/photos are on this computer. That is something you cannot put a price on! I am hoping it will "turn up" in the next day or so.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Regina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

Wow, I was very surprised at the quality of the hotel. Everything is still very new and modern. The pool was awesome for young kids and the gym was very well equipped. Rooms were quite large and well decorated with a very nice TV that could be positioned to be seen from the bed or seating area. The staff were courteous and helpful making a few arrangements for us. Starbucks in the lobby was nice and pizza hut express by the pool came in handy. Could have used some healthier food options. We will stay here again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Castleford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

We previously stayed next door at the Fairfield Inn and Suites and loved the location, but this time opted to stay in the Springhill Suites as managed to get a good deal. We weren't dissapointed at our choice in the slightest.

The room we were given was on the 6th floor with views of Aquatica and Sea World and was large and airy, with 2 queen beds and a large sitting area.The dual bathroom concept was really useful when my husband and I were both getting ready at the same time.

All the staff were super friendly and Stephanie on the Expedia desk in the lobby arranged all our tickets and excursions and was very knowledgable about the area.

We stayed for 10 days at the Springhill Suites and loved every minute, it was really quiet in the hotel whilst we were there with the majority of the other guests appearing to be attending conferences but with an I Ride trolley stop outside the hotel everything is so easily accessible for the tourist.

We would definitley stay here again and recommend it to friends and family if they were to visit Orlando.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Orlando at Seaworld? Share your experiences!