“Excellent mid-priced hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 329 Hotels in Orlando
Kansas City
“Excellent mid-priced hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This newer hotel had a clean and comfortable room, newer decor and comfortable rooms. The "suites" are an extension of a traditional room with a microwave/small fridge tucked into a corner cabinet unit and a corner divan. What divides the room is a desk/office unit. Its smaller than a traditional suite but very nice and efficient. Plus, with a warm breakfast every morning (eggs, turkey canadian bacon {switched out with sausage or sausage gravy], oatmeal, make-your-own waffles, fresh fruit, and cereal selections) this room is appropriately priced at $115/night. My only complaint -- don't order room service unless you have no other options.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Polish first
Fort Washington, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I read a lot of reviews for this hotel. Some poor but most were good. I did come across some that mentioned a musty odor in the rooms and stains on the sofa. I wish I had taken heed. From the minute I walked into the King suite I picked up on the odor. It was like a musty or musky smell that was coming from the far side of the room where the window and bathroom are. I immediately told the front desk ( I think her name was Lauren) and I also went out and purchased some air freshner (something I have never, EVER had to do for a hotel stay). The hotel did have someone come up to the room while we were out and they did try to do something about the odor (they left a mildew remover bottle behind), but the smell never went away. On top of that, the tables in the sitting area of the room were damaged. The edges were chipped and sharp. I scratched myself twice and asked to have them replaced. The guy (I think his name was Victor) at the front desk said he would have them replaced or removed if they couldn't find a suitable replacement. I think its very telling that the tables were removed and not replaced. To sum up, I would not stay at this hotel again. Chipped furniture and a smelly room does not make for a repeat visit.

Room Tip: I was told when I arrived that none of the King rooms have tubs, which I was not aware of and I was...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
H M, Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando at Seaworld, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us this time while visiting Orlando. I am sorry to hear about the challenges you had during your stay with odor in the room and the chipped tables.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and hope you will give us another opportunity during your next visit to the area.

Have a great day!
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Across the street from Seaworld with regularly scheduled shuttles. Very convenient for theme park goers. The room was spacious with a slightly unorthodox set-up, but it seemed to work. The staff was helpful with doing an extra clean-up on the property. All in all, there weren't any real problems and the small ones we did find were quickly resolved. We are very picky about our places and the SpringHill Suites was a fine hotel.

Conyers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The hotel room provided much needed space as this was a business trip with a roommate. Great location to the Orlando Convention center - suggest catching the Trolley or Bus to convention center. Great Free Breakfast, Free Internet and Parking. Great customer service however some of the front desk clerks were not so friendly. I was allowed early check in however the room given had a particular wierd odor and the hotel was booked solid on the day of my arrival so moving was not an option but I always come equip with my own Lysol :)! Great Bargain - Great Hotel. I will stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
H M, Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando at Seaworld, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are glad to know that your room was comfortable and you enjoyed our complimentary amenities. However, we regret that we did not meet your expectations in regards to the odor in the room and some of the staff. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope you will be back in the near future
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Free parking, wi-fi, breakfast, even received a $25 resort credit that I used for Starbucks in the lobby. While we didn't use the Seaworld shuttle, I'm sure it would have been easy to do so.

Only downside that I saw was the strange room set up for the bathrooms. While the rooms were sparkling clean and felt brand new, the two bathroom set-up was not so helpful. One room has a toilet with tiny sink with no counter space and a strange corner mirror. You can't see your whole face in this mirror, nor can you put a hair dryer or flat iron down on a surface to heat up or place your makeup bag on. There are no mirrors in the room so you can't try to dry your hair/put on makeup out there. The doors to both bathrooms are fashionable (they slide and look pretty) but don't close properly unless you slam them right at the end.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would stay again. Sometimes fancy isn't functional.

Room Tip: While we were not able to see the Seaworld fireworks show, I wonder if there is a side of the hotel...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are glad to know that you enjoyed and amenities and Starbucks. However, we regret that we did not meet your expectations regarding the room layout. Your feedback is greatly appreciated . We hope you will be back in the near future.
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Very good room service, front desk, concierge, breakfast. I enjoyed everything. Good location in between Disney and Universal parks and extremely close to SeaWorld parks. The only concern is about breakfast time is short.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This and the neighbouring Fairfield Inn & Suites are essentially on the same property, and share the same pool. I've stayed at both and can report they are both of good quality. I would rather stay in a new 3-star than a faded 4-star hotel and, still only a few years old, this fits the bill. Free breakfast and wifi make it much cheaper in real terms than more upscale properties that charge for such 'extras'.

Large, clean rooms feature two beds, an office/living area with couch and desk, fridge, ironing board etc. Pool not massive and rather shallow, so not great for serious swimmers, but pleasant enough to sit out at for a while. Kids will enjoy the splash area. Breakfast not particularly exotic, but plentiful enough. The throwaway polystyrene plates and plastic cutlery seem very wasteful!

As well as TGIs and 24-hour CVS, a Buffalo Wings restaurant and bakery will soon open adjacent the hotel. The shuttle buses to various theme parks aren't as regular as you might expect, but SeaWorld and Aquatica are within walking distance, though I'm not sure many people bother as the 'sidewalks' have a habit of disappearing!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for such a nice comment. It was most definitely our pleasure to be able to accommodate you and your family. However, we regret that we did not meet your expectations in regards to the plastic utensils in the breakfast area. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as this will help us re-evaluate the services. Please come back soon!

Have a wonderful day!