“Great Stay at the Waldorf” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
WINTER RATES FROM $299*!
Ranked #19 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Saint Louis
“Great Stay at the Waldorf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

We spent 3 nights at the Waldorf and it was a truely amazing hotel. We traveled with our children, ages 4 and 8 and used this hotel while going around the parks. Upon arrival, there were numerous bellman available, check in was fast and they had a room for us well before check in time. They have more than ample staff available to help with anything you may need. Service--was truely great.

The room-was a wonder. They don't miss a beat with the high end fixtures, lovely marble floors, drapery and fine linens. We had both a tub and shower in the very large bathroom and two very comfortable beds. They came in for turn down service daily.

The room service was great as well. We ordered it New Years Eve at 11 pm and it was delivered within 30 minutes. They offer a selection of children's items on the room service menu as well.

The daily buffet breakfast at Oscar's had a lot of choices. Omeletes, breads, cereals, meats, cheeses, freshly squeezed oj---very complete and tasty. It was $24 per adult and $12 per child. Since there is no where else to eat near by--we ate here every morning. It was great but pricey.

We noticed a lot of children around the hotel and the staff was very accomodating to the kids. Event though the hotel is very upscale, there were a lot of families with young children staying there.

The shuttle to and from the Disney parks loads up first next door at the Hilton-where there are 1000 rooms--and we were told that on busy days the bus may already be full when it arrives at the Waldorf. We went to Universal and Sea World and the buses do not go to those locations so we took a town car there and a Mears cab back--the ride back in the Mears taxi was always less.

Overall, we loved this hotel. The pool looks amazing (it was too cold to swim during our trip )and next door at the Hilton (which is connected to the Waldorf) there is a lazy river, an even larger pool with a water slide that you can access when staying at the Waldorf.

We heard that they are keeping prices low for now while they get everything perfect. I would suggest, if you like classy hotels and great service and the price is right, pick this one!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
Sarasota Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

We stayed at this wonderful hotel two weeks before christmas and the staff couldnt have been nicer. I'm very particular and spoke with a kind gentlmen David who assisted us with a room at the end of the hall since I am a very light sleeper. When we arrived that Friday the room was ready .
We ate dinner on Saturday night in the steakhouse everything including the staff was wonderful. The lounge is relaxing and drinks and snacks wonderful. It's nice to be able to head to Orlando and not have children running around as in the Disney hotels. We have older children and finally found a hotel we shall return too for our frequent visits. I hope it stays just the way it is.
Thanks for a relaxing weekend!

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
South Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

I am a very non Disney kind of person. I wanted to take my family to Disney for a week, but there had to be a compromise in that I could get away from the craziness at night. Originally we booked a suite at the Ritz, but my AMEX agent talked me into checking out the Waldorf due to the close proximity to the Magic Kingdom and knowing that my wife and I were going to be toting around a 5 and 2 year old along with strollers and all the other stuff that goes with taking two girls to the parks.

I knew going in that we were taking a risk on a new hotel and not having all the kinks worked out, and after reading the first few post on Tripadvisor I was more than a little concerned. I was very close to changing the reservation back to the Ritz, but decided to wing it as I didn't think that it couldn't be that bad.

Well within 5 minutes of our arrival all of our concerns disappeared. The Waldorf did not disappoint, while on the outside it is not as aesthetically pleasing as you might expect, the inside is simply stunning.

My little girls loved siting and then chasing each other around the clock tower in the lobby and the staff made them feel like they were coming into their very own Cinderella castle.

The suite that we were in exsquisitely furnished and the only complaint that I have is that it would be nice if they had more than just a few wine glasses in the bar. We kept fruit, juice, and snack in the fridge and a few plates and some silverware would have been useful. I also did not mind not having a coffee maker in the room, because i enjoyed waking up before the kids and going down to the lobby to read the paper and have some free coffee from the well stocked coffee and tea service.

We did Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom during our stay. We utilized the free shuttle service and it was great. You do have to get used to the schedule, but the convenience of it was great. It takes you right from the hotel to the transportation center for MK and right up to the gates at Animal Kingdom. It takes about 25 minutes to get into the MK from the hotel and I would say a good hour to get back from the park to the hotel after the monorail, and the shuttle stops at the other parks. We did get a towncar one night after getting stuck at the Grand Floridian and it was a worthwhile 20 bucks. Next trip we might take the shuttle in the morning and a towncar after the park for the convenience.

Overall, as you can probably tell we were thrilled with the hotel. We were all very sad to leave and look forward to getting back down there in the future.

Sunny Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2009

The Waldorf Astoria Orlando is now our #1 hotel in the area. Where other luxury properties in Orlando vie to “wow” guests with their fancy facades, outrageous holiday decorating, characters come to life and obnoxious art, the Waldorf is simply understated elegance. I was actually taken aback by the simplicity and tasteful décor in the lobby and rooms.
And although the hotel is beautiful, the employees are what made our stay exceptional. From the bellstand, to the front desk to housekeeping, to room service…WOW. For just one example, Ryan at the bellstand heard my name in passing, once, when we arrived. The following morning after seeing dozens of people go in and out of the hotel, he still called me by name when I stepped out of the hotel to ask for my car! This was not an isolated incident as all the employees we passed offered a pleasant greeting.

Most importantly, when my husband checked in early and went to play golf I asked him on my way to the hotel how check in went… he said it was the most pleasant check in he’s experienced in years. We were even able to put in a request for an upgrade online (done once you make the original reservation). My husband played the golf course and said it was outstanding.
My 10 year old son did not want to leave! He was very impressed with room service. We had both dinner and breakfast in our room and he loved how the tables were set, and the “cool” silverware.
The fitness center is not to be believed! Holy cow, I almost wanted to start my work out as soon as I stepped in the room. It is FILLED with the latest machiines, TV's on each one and plenty for a large group. There are towels and water set up at each machine as well. Very nicely done!
Any complaints? Well, maybe just one - - the valet parking is really expensive at $20 a night (the hotel may be named the same as the one in NY but this is FLORIDA). This would be just fine however in order to park your own car you must park in the adjacent Hilton parking garage which is quite a very long walk back, up hill. I wouldn't mind paying valet when my husband and I arrive together but we usually take two cars and I'm not a fan of paying $40 a night for a parking space PLUS tips.

Despite the parking charge, not only will we be back, but I’m putting my Orlando resort list away. I don’t need it anymore. There is only one destination in Orlando that I will return to with complete confidence – the Waldorf Astoria Orlando Bonnet Creek!
We stay in Orlando quite often as we are only a little over an hour away in the Tampa Bay area. I've stayed in almost every luxury hotel in greater Orlando - believe me, you will be impressed too!

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

Best thing about the hotel it is new, clean, excellent service and large rooms.

Apopka, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

Let me preface by saying I am a somewhat laid back traveler, whereas, if I have clean sheets I am a happy camper! So when I get service and extras, it is just icing on the cake.

My wife and I do a Disney weekend every year around Christmas because no one does it better than Disney, it is a great way to get into the holiday spirit, plus it was my wife's birthday. We originally were going to stay at the Grand Cypress, however, changed our reservations when we saw the opening of this hotel, plus I am a Hilton Honors member. I read some of the reviews about the newness, and the inconsistent service that came along with that, but for the price ($239 a night for a Deluxe King Suite with Balcony vs. $400 and up for Disney Resorts), we were willing to try it out.

Being a little proactive, I responded to the likely automated e-mail that is sent to your e-mail account a few days prior to your stay. It is from the Front Desk Manager. I responded to him to state concerns about the service I read on some of these posts, and to express how much we were looking forward to staying at the hotel. He was quick to respond to reassure me, and to even offer something special to celebrate my wife's birthday. With his prompt communication I felt good about the weekend.

I was not disappointed. The hotel was beautiful, and tastefully decorated for Christmas, and the service throughout the weekend was what I expected and more.

Starting with the room, I think it is perfect for a weekend get away, and with a lot of closets and cabinets, it was perfect for our 21 month old to keep her entertained. It doesn't have a coffee maker, but the coffee is free downstairs, so not a big deal. The fridge was just the right size too. If you have to sleep on the sofa bed, don't sweat it, the mattresses they have on them are amazing!! The Deluxe Suite is definitely the way to go, plus we had a great view of the Epcot fireworks. And the TV/Audio in the room was great for watching the SEC Championship game, unfortunately with the Gators losing!

Next is food. We ordered room service twice, once for breakfast, and another for a grilled cheese for our daughter while my wife and I went to Bull & Bear (we had a family sitter for our daughter). Starting with the room service, what can I say, it was great, food quality was very good, and the wait time was less than 20 minutes each time. It can be a little pricey, but you are staying at a luxury hotel, so it is to be expected. As for Bull & Bear, what a great restaurant. My wife and I both got the Filets, she got the cognac sauce I got the red wine bernaise, both were very good. They have ala carte sides, and got the Mac & Cheese (I know, at a upscale restaurant!), at the recommendation of the waiter, and we loved it, we also got the mushroom side. We also brought our own bottle of wine and cut cost that way, only getting charged the corking fee. Again, it can get pricey, but we knew that going in, and the quality of food was worth it. Plus, they had a free dessert for my wife's birthday.

Location is great, it is about a mile away from Downtown Disney, and very close to the resorts. I agree with a previous poster, it is just far enough away from Disney to feel secluded, which is nice for a change of pace. Also, I was salivating the whole time as their golf course looks AMAZING! Will definitely have to bring the clubs the next time. As for the location of the entrance as some posters have written, I could care less if I am driving through cow fields on my way there, as long as it is spectacular when I am inside and get treated with care.

Other amentities that we observed but didn't use were the kids area, with video games, art stations, crayons, etc, very nice and staffed until 5PM, the fitness/gym was awesome, very large area to work out, and the pool both at the WA and the joining Hilton looking very nice but too chilly for this weekend.

Also, as for the $20 valet parking, compare it to places like the Dolphin Hotel that charges $12 or $13 a night when you are staying there for self parking, and it is not much of a difference, I'll pay the few extra dollars for them to go get it for me!!

Overall, we were very, very pleased with our stay, the weather actually worked in our favor because we got to enjoy the hotel more, as we ended up at the Parks on Sunday. I would definitely recommend, and we will definitely be staying here again.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

We visited the brand new beautiful Waldorf Astoria near Disney World during Thanksgiving break with our two teenagers. My husband is a Hilton Honors member so we were upgraded to a beautiful and roomy suite. With two nearly grown children, the room was very much appreciated. The hotel was quiet since it is not well known as of yet, but we loved it! The staff was very attentive and friendly. The pool area was large with two generous sized pools. Since our children are older, we had one day left on a four year old Park Hopper Disney pass and decided to spend the day hopping from park to park going on all of our favorites. We did not need to stay at a Disney owned property, nor did we want to since our kids are older. This hotel was close enough to all the Disney fun when we wanted it but far enough to be out of it for some quiet relaxation. The Hilton is right next door with a lazy river and water slide which we had access to as well. Hurry up and enjoy this hotel before the secret gets out.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Been to Waldorf Astoria Orlando? Share your experiences!