Arrived at a very busy time but checkin was good and fast. The suite was lovely no complaints whatsoever. However when we tried to book dinner it was impossible they were fully booked. Eventually they managed a 8.30 reservation at the Bull & Bear after we complained. Because we are Diamond members we received vouchers for various drinks etc but when we went down next morning to Oscars for breakfast we found complete chaos, the staff couldn't cope and said there were 17 tables in front of us and they had no idea when they could seat us. They offered us no other option so we wandered upstairs to Peacock Alley where there was a board saying alternative breakfast which was some juices, bagel sandwiches wrapped in paper which tasted like cardboard and coffee. The coffee machine was empty and 10 minutes later still had no refill. Thankfully a delightful waiter by the name of Khalid came and went off to the kitchens to bring us coffee and saved the day. He also came and fetched us another before we left which was very thoughtful of him.
We tried to book a cabana with the lady concierge who was very unhelpful saying they had none available for the next day but then decided they had one left. When we went next day to the pool to go to our cabana we found that apart from three they were all available. Again the day was saved by the young man who bought us drinks and food from Aquamarine by the name of Jonathan. He was friendly, informative about the hotel and very attentive. He remembered us next day by name and was extremely professional. Sadly the breakfast experience was repeated again next morning and despite complaining we still got no breakfast and were told we wouldn't be charged which was a joke as it was complimentary anyway due to our Centurian American Express package.
All in all we had arrived here after a lovely 6 week break on Marco Island to spend our few final days before flying home but it was a disappointing end to our holiday. We do this every year but I think we will have to look elsewhere next year.
A lovely hotel with some amazing staff who this hotel can be proud of but unfortunately the senior managers of this place need to get the hotel to function when it is busy.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxuriously nestled less than one mile from Walt Disney World® Resort, Waldorf Astoria Orlando, a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® Hotel, welcomes your family with a wealth of refined and refreshing amenities minutes from Orlando’s greatest attractions. •Complimentary transportation to all Disney® Theme Parks & Downtown Disney®•Luxurious zero-entry pool with private cabanas•Championship golf, fitness center, and Waldorf Astoria Spa® ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Otel, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.