“An outstanding hotel with a great staff” 5 of 5 stars

RATES FROM $209*!
Ranked #20 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
North Salem, New York
“An outstanding hotel with a great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I recently spent 4 days at the Orlando Waldorf for a Father son golf vacation. The hotel met every expectation for service and quality that one could expect. Everything from the maid service to morning coffee was executed perfectly. The golf shop was professionally run, and the course was great. Lastly, the pro, Regan, gave my son two lessons and dramatically improved his game. I would highlynrecommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay. It is wonderful to hear you took advantage of our golf course and pro shop during your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
camp hill, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are first rate, lobby is beautiful, maid service was ok. They nickel and dime u with 50 charge for valet and some bs amenities charge. Pool area is perfect, nice and relaxing at Waldorf, stuff for kids at hilton. Food options at waldorf are on pricey side but hilton has more reasonable options. You cant beat mk resprts for location but if your going to stay anywhere but those 3, and dont stay at polly(see polly review) this is a great choice.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to host you again soon!
Cedar Springs, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I know. "This is a Waldorf, how can you give it a 3 rating?!" Of course this is what I thought when I booked this hotel for a quick trip to Orlando. I expected a different but equally magnificent experience as when I stayed at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC (which does deserve a 5 rating). Unfortunately, I was disappointed with this Waldorf. Don't get me wrong, this hotel is very nice and the rooms do have a large bathroom. But I am not sure that the bathroom size is worth the extra cost, and when I say extra cost I am not just talking about the room rate. This hotel is just not up to par with the Waldorf Astoria reputation.

I assume if you are reading this you are not one of the A-list types that are walking around me with their polo shirt collars up, their wives sporting $700 sunglassess towing kids dressed in knit sweaters and bows heading off to Disney. If you are, then just ignore everything I am going to write here and go ahead and stay at the Waldorf. If you work for your money then let me give you some advice - stay at the Hilton next door. The two hotels are connected and I have been to both. This Waldorf just doesn't have enough "Waldorf experience" to justify the cost. It is just a more expensive and snooty version of the Hilton. In fact, it is smaller than the Hilton, and I would say that the only difference you are going to find with the experience is the size of the bathrooms and a lighter wallet.

Let me give you a little lesson in Waldorf economics. It is expected that if you can afford a room at the Waldorf then you should be able to afford to pay more money for everything. Let me give you a couple of experiential examples. Today I was working in the lobby bar and ordered a $5.35 cup of coffee. Not a cappuccino, not a half-caffe, no whip, vanilla breve latte. But a regular ole cup of joe - one cup mind you. If you walk over to the Hilton (about a 5 minute walk), the same cup of joe will only cost you $1.50. A little later I went into the gift shop to pick up a diet coke. All they had were the small 8-once aluminum bottles. You would think the bottles were gold inlaid. 1 8-once bottle of diet coke - $4.50. Hop, skip and jump over to the Hilton - $2.50. Valet parking only at the Waldorf - $25/night. Self-Parking at the Hilton - $16 (btw, for some reason, Valet parking at the Hilton is only $24/night - go figure?)

Well, I think you get the point. The Waldorf is a nice hotel, it just is not nice enough to justify the Waldorf price. The Hilton is just as nice and you will pay half for your room and every other thing you purchase while on your vacation. Oh, and last but not least, if you have kids, they will want to walk to the Hilton to swim. The Hilton pool ROCKS! The Waldorf pool, well...not so much.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We promise our guests a singular Waldorf luxury experience, and we are always working to ensure that our pricing is in line with the quality of the guest experience. We will continue to look for competitive pricing opportunities for our guests in all our amenity offerings. Your satisfaction is very important to us. We hope that next time you are in the area, you will consider staying with us and certainly let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.
marco island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is simply lovely! Hotel staff attentive, food great, rooms huge, extremely clean, everything looks new, pool amazing. If you want to stay in the Orlando area and don't want to stay in Disney proper this hotel is a great choice. It's a five star for sure. Looks brand new! Lobby is beautiful. I loved it here. We stayed over the New Year holiday and I must say they never missed a beat. They definitely never blamed poor service on being busy. Which the service was impeccable! Great hotel if you are looking for a less Disney vacation!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so happy we were able to make your New Years holiday a memorable one! We cant wait to see you for your next visit!
nyc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

When we arrived we had trouble checking in.the desk clerk didnt seem to be able to find the two rooms we had reserved. we were tired after traveling so finally we had to ask for the manager who quickly found us rooms and gave one of the rooms a beautiful upgrade. after spending the day at disney we went to the bar lounge . sat for a while . no one took our order so we thought if we moved to the terrace where more people were sitting we would get served there but no one came to take our order so we moved back to the lounge where at last some one came took the order but the drinks never arrived. finally we got the manager who checked into the situation and managed to get two of the three drinks we ordered. in the end they gave us a complimentry glass of wine. in truth we would have rather been served in an efficient manor than get any thing complementry. the entire time in the bar was about one hour from sitting down to getting anything. exhausting after a long day at disney world.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
We are constantly working to ensure that we are offering dining experiences that are as luxurious as our hotel itself. We are very sorry for the inconsistent service and assure you it has been addressed. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area, and we will work to ensure an unparalleled experience for you and your guests.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Recently stayed here, and could not have had a better experience. Upgraded to a suite, which was excellent with the family. Inroom dining was high quality, and flexible. Will return the next time we visit Orlando. Having the ability to share resources with the Hilton next door was a nice feature. We also utilized the on-premise Disney store to buy theme park tickets as opposed to waiting in line at the park.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for reviewing our property. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We cannot wait to see you again soon!
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

After a fantastic stay at this property with my wife in Decmber, we decided to return with our children. While the property and food are both top shelf, this stay had some real problems with service oriented details.

We booked 2 nights but then decided to stay for 3, though the hotel appeared to be booked solid. I called the personal concierge and they were able to extend my stay. Score one ponit for the staff. During the same conversatio, I told the concirge that I wanted to plan something special for my children during our stay. She assured me that she would be happy to help,so I told her I would call her a couple of days prior to my stay to make the arrangements. Here are where my issues begin.

I called and left a message reqwuesting a call back so that we might arrange for what I wanted to be done. I never got a call back. To this date, she has never called to say "Sorry I missed your call." Nothing, not a peep. I made alternate plans and upon arrival I advised the desk peron of my frustration at not getting a retun call. They offered to make whatever arrangement I wanted, but I had already made alternate plans. The gentleman that checked us in was polite, friendly, professional and informative. He did a great job. Shortly after getting into our room, I got a phone call from the management to apologize for the lack of communication and they offered my wife and I a complimentary meal at the Bull and Bear (great steakhouse). I declined as previously stated we were there with our children. Not sure what we were supposed to do with them while we dined, but at least they made the offer.

The next night, I requested an extra pillow for my sone. The housekeeper told me she would arrange for a pillow to be brought up to the room. I told her we were going out for a while and there was no hurry. I guess she took this too literally, as when we returned approximately 3 hours later, still no pillow. I called down to the desk and advised them of te situation and the sent someone up with a pillow in only a few minutes. My question is why did I have to ask twice? Is this a Waldorf property?

I played golf during this stay and I will say the golf course and club staff were simple magnificent. Outstanding service from start to finish. The course was in awesome shape and the GPS system in the carts was the best.

Around 3 to 4 hours prior to my check out time, I again called the desk to ask that they have my golf clubs brought over from the storage area at the golf club. They advised they would do so and have them stored by the bell stand as this is the common prcatice in which they engage. I agreed and told them I would be departing around 2 p.m.

Upon my departure, I requested my golf clubs and of course...no clubs. They werer never brought over from storage. Now while the golf course in directly adjacent to the hotel lobby, this was not a huge delay, but it was around 15 minutes. More importantly, it was again a sign of poor follow through of a pronise and the highest level of service for which this property should be known. I met with the manager on duty and advised her of my disappointment. I told her that it is a shame that my departing moments with the Waldorf left me with a negative impression.

Overall, I would say this was a good stay. The property was at capacity, but I do not feel this should impact the attention to detail so negativly. I will probably return to this property, but with lower expectations. While overall the property is beautiful and most of the staff professional and attentive, it seems more time is needed in the area of training.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the challenges you faced during your stay. That is definitely not the service we aim to provide. Your feedback has been shared with our Management team and we hope that the next time you stay with us, we will exceed your expectations.

Been to Waldorf Astoria Orlando? Share your experiences!