“Why stay anywhere else in Orlando? This hotel is a gem.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
WINTER RATES FROM $299*!
Ranked #19 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Greenville, South Carolina
“Why stay anywhere else in Orlando? This hotel is a gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Whether you're vacationing or on business in Orlando, this is where you should stay. The service is excellent - all of the employees are personable and professional. Housekeeping does a superb job. My room was immaculate. There are a plethora of on site restaurant choices, and the food is quite tasty. Really, I have no complaints, and why would I? This place is a gem. Don't stay at nearby Disney hotels. You'll pay outrageous prices just for the fact that's on Disney property, and trust me, these hotels don't even compare to The Waldorf. I know, I know, you'll pay a lot when you stay at The Waldorf, but trust me, it's worth it. Don't even worry about the location. It's in the middle of all things Disney, and the hotel even offers shuttle transportation to the theme parks. If you're on business, this hotel will offer you a wonderful place to relax after a long day of hard work. Stay here, you won't be sorry.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are thrilled to hear you had such a lovely time during your stay! We can't wait to host you again as our guest soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I almost dont want to post this review and keep this to myself.
The Waldorf is the best secret in Orlando. Rooms are huge, I believe the smallest one is 800 sq feet. Close to Downtown Disney and Expedia prices are excellent for the Waldorf. I will never understand people who stay on property for thousands of dollars when the Waldorf is usually avail for under $200 a night. Better service, perfect location to parks, not as much hotel chaos because you don't get the Disney strung out families that do the package deals & lame dining packages. Great for a long weekend or extended stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for reviewing our property. We are thrilled to hear you had such an enjoyable time during your stay! Please come back and see us again soon!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

What a beautiful hotel, perfect for couples. Since the hotel is not attached to a Disney property, there were not too many families. But the hotel is close enough to get to all the attractions.
The hotel is elegant....great decor. Staff is wonderful, too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for reviewing our property. We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us! We hope to see you again soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Beautiful property with excellent amenities .....Staff extremely attentive and make you feel very special and welcome ......Room service of the very best quality and timeliness .....Bull and Bear lounge experience couldn't be any better anywhere .....Peacock lounge a very pleasant atmosphere to relax .....Veranda a great place to have a great scotch and your favorite cigar ......Overall . I can't wait to get back there and I can't imagine staying anywhere else in the Orlando area .....Met some fine folks making me feel right at home ....Anna and Manny , thank you for making my stay special ......

Room Tip: They are all great ....
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted to hear you had such an amazing time during your stay! Please come back and see us again soon!
North Tonawanda, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Last year we had an amazing stay at the Hilton Bonnet Creek and decided to return for a trip to celebrate my husband's birthday. We used to points to book 4 out of 5 nights of the trip, but were unable to use points to book a room on the night of our arrival. We took this as a chance to book a room for one night at the adjacent Waldorf Astoria. WOW were we WOW'ed!

Upon our arrival to the property, our bags were taken by the very friendly bellman. They must have clued the front desk in as to our names, because when we walked up to the desk, we were greeted by name by Amanda. She was so friendly, and advised us that we had been upgraded to a Waldorf Astoria suite, which is basically their nicest corner suite. She asked what was the occasion that brought us to Orlando, and we informed her that we were celebrating my husband's birthday. She gave us an overview of the property and physically walked us to the elevators, where we were whisked up to the most beautiful room we've ever stayed in.

The suite was AMAZING! The main door opened to a foyer and long marble hallway, which led to a spacious kitchen and living room with floor to ceiling windows overlooking to the pool and golf course, as well as a generous balcony. The bedroom suite was large as well, with 1 and a half bathrooms, all decked out in marble. Since we arrived after turn down service, there were chocolates on the pillows, robes, and slippers all set out for us. We headed over to the Hilton to have a late dinner at La Luce, which was as delicious as we remembered. Upon our return to the room, we found that Amanda had sent up a box of chocolates and a bottle of champagne in honor of my husband's birthday. This was so thoughtful of her, and really just put our visit over the top!

We were so sad to check out of the Waldorf... it really was so amazing. However, we did come back and use some of the amenities during our stay at the Hilton during the week. The Waldorf Astoria Golf Club is simply wonderful... this is the second time we've golfed there and the service is so great. Everyone is so helpful and bends over backwards to make your game that much more enjoyable. Make sure you have lunch at the Grill- the food is surprisingly awesome and a good way to jump start your day on the course! We also enjoyed Bull and Bear on my husband's birthday... please see my separate review for this awesome restaurant. Michael is a fabulous server and Bull and Bear still ranks as one of the top 3 meals of my life!

So, would we stay here again? That's the tricky question. We are loyal Hilton customers and have Diamond status, so we enjoy alot of perks when we stay at Hilton properties. Unfortunately, there is no breakfast included at the Waldorf and the buffet will run you $32 per person. Was it delicious? Yes. But at that price, per person, per day... it can run up the costs for a week long vacation. At the Hilton, breakfast is included and that really saved us so much money the rest of the week. If the prices were the same, I would stay at the Waldorf in a hearbeat, but I wish they at least had a discounted breakfast price, if not comped, for Diamond members. Unfortunately in the future this may be the deal breaker for us. However, our one night at the Waldorf was simply grand and we appreciate everything that was done to make our stay stellar.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are ecstatic you had such a stellar time during your time with us! We hope to host you as our guest again soon!
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I'm definitely a fan. I recently went to Orlando for a conference and refused to stay at the awful Disney hotel where the conference was taking place. My husband and I ended up at the Waldorf after a lot of online searching and I'm glad we did. I spent way too much time at this hotel after getting food poisoning at the Disney hotel (avoid eating at the Swan and Dolphin).

I loved the entrance to this hotel. People are very inviting. The entrance is beautiful and grand without being over the top. The view from the lobby level is spectacular out over the pool and into the greenery behind the property. I loved the setting of this hotel. You aren't sandwiched in between a lot of other hotels. When we arrived, we were greeted by bottled water and a very quick check in process.

The room was very comfortable and the bathroom was huge. My old issue with the room was that the bed was a bit unlevel and I ended up with one night where I felt like I was going to roll off the bed all night. The ladies who cleaned our room (I saw them often as I was sick and spent too much time at the hotel) were fantastic and friendly.

The Hilton Bonnet Creek is directly next door and connected by a conference center. Guests at one hotel can use the restaurants and pools at either hotel. We spent one lovely morning and afternoon at the lazy river at the Hilton. The Hilton's pool is very family friendly and crawling with kids, but as two adults we loved the lazy river. We also liked the poolside service of food and drinks. The pool at the Waldorf is lovely but much more quiet in comparison. I thought it was a great touch that you can purchase S'Mores packs for your family and make roast marshmallows over the fire pits by the pool. Great idea!

In the evening, you can see the fireworks from both Epcot (closer) and the Magic Kingdom (a little father away). Request a high level to get a good view.

There is a free coach bus that drops you off at the Disney parks throughout the day and also returns you to your hotel in the evening. This hotel is only a 5-10 minutes drive to all the Disney parks.

We got the room for $159 a night, which was a fantastic deal. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so happy you had such a fantastic time at our property! We hope to host you again soon for a Leisure visit!
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Waldorf is a great hotel and our favorite destination in Orlando. Every staff member is pleasant and dedicated to making guests feel welcome and important, The food is off the charts great, the lobby lounge and Sir Harry's are both wonderful relaxing venues and La Luce is one of the best Italian Restaurants in North America. The pool area is wonderful and the hamburgers from the poolside restaurant should not be missed. The total package adds up to an outstanding value for a premium experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so happy that you were able to enjoy so many of our complex amenities during your stay! We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Waldorf Astoria Orlando? Share your experiences!