“Beautiful property, outstanding service, ideal location...exceeded our high expectations.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waldorf Astoria Orlando

RATES FROM $229*/NIGHT
Ranked #15 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We encountered several very genuine team members during our stay. Without a doubt our expectations were set very high at check in when we were helped by Jason Smith, the Front Office Manager. He was intelligent, kind, engaging, and clearly had a passion and desire to serve. He was helpful with room type selection, local information, and arranging transporation. He was simply a pleasure overall and he's obviously an asset to the WA team. Please be sure to share my comments with Jason. (Yes, by coincidence we do share the same name) Others, whose names I can't remember include the conceirge and bell staff, room service, and the folks in the spa. Pool staff was good with some inconsistency, particular a couple of the towel stand guys who seemed a little bored...perhaps they were. Not impressed with anyone in the sundries shop but it was a non-issue. Overall our stay was nearly perfect, the property is beautiful and the service culture outstanding. Finally, I'd like to take one final moment to RAVE about the entire experience at Bull & Bear. Incredible fine dining service that managed to remain personable, and without a doubt one of the best meals I've had...and I've had some great ones.
Thank you, we'll be back on our next visit.

Room Tip: Spend the money to upgrade to a "fireworks" view room, it's a treat to enjoy the show...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so delighted to hear one of our team members made such an impact during your stay! Please come back and see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
Manchester, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were fortunate enough to spend a night at the Waldorf Astoria when we landed in Orlando after our flight from Manchester. Being British, we are always somewhat bemused by valet parking, and my husband even more so. We do find it very difficult to give up our car keys to people we've never met, even if that car is a rental one. However, I am pleased to tell you that we did get our car back whenever we wanted it.
When I walked into the 'lobby' of the WA the first thing I noticed was the smell - ohh, just lovely. I am sure my husband noticed other things, but I thought it smelt just lovely - and the grandeur of the reception area is fabulous.
We were very efficiently booked in and allocated our room, which we were extremely pleased with. I have to say I had the best nights' sleep in any hotel, anywhere, in this hotel - it may be because I was tired out but I am quite sure the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
We were just too tired to eat, so we sadly didn't have the opportunity of sampling food or drink at the waldorf, nor did we get a chance to use the pool or any of the other amenities, but they all looked fabulous. The pool and spa areas looked quite wonderful and we were astounded to read that when renting pool cabanas, clients were able to obtain chilled towels. Just having arrived from the frozen north (England) we were flummoxed as to why anyone would want one of these, but we realised the next day it was actually hot during the daytime, and therefore, it was likely that chilled towels would be a wonderful luxury. Not having sampled one, I cannot vote one way or the other. We very much appreciated the hotel opting to waive the 'resort fee' on the basis of our late arrival - not something we had expected or asked for, which made it even more appreciated.
The hotel is somewhat 'out in the sticks' so if you do plan to eat food whilst there, either plan on a long drive or looking through the in-house menus, though to be fair, what we saw of the menus did not seem extortionate.
All in all, I would very much recommend the Waldorf Astoria in Orlando and would not hesitate to stay there again. Lovely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at our property! We hope to see you again soon for a longer visit!
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Our stay at the Waldorf in October 2012 was wonderful! The hotel was very new and tastefully decorated. When we arrived, the reception staff were very friendly and helpful - and even walked us to the elevator after check in which made us feel very welcomed.

The rooms were wonderful, really nice. The decor was beautiful and plush. I suppose if you are crazy about nespresso, a machine with a range of pods was also available for use in the room. Our room overlooked the pool area, where we could also see the surrounding Disney grounds which was nice. Bed, pillows and linen were really comfortable which made for great sleep every night. Bathroom was very spacious and the Bvulgari toiletries were a nice touch. Our rooms looked to be serviced twice a day, with a turn down in the evening. Even small things like a nice note and chocolates on the bed in the evening made our stay that little bit more special.

The pool area looked pretty inviting although we didn't get the chance to use it as we spent most of the day at the theme parks. The gym was amazing - nice new equipment and lots of it. Very spacious and each station was provided with ice water and towels. A supply of fresh fruit was also available to gym visitors which was thoughtful. Apart from these amenities, if you are wishing to visit the Disney Parks, the use of the luxury coaches is available to hotel guests.

As the hotel is on Disney grounds which is quite a drive away from the main town, we had breakfast at the hotel everyday. The buffet had great variety including pastries and sweet breads; a juice bar; hot savoury foods including the ability to order eggs/omelettes; a pancake/crepe stand where you can get mickey mouse pancakes made to order; cold meats, fruit, cereal and a choice of breads. The freshly brewed Italian coffee was addictive!

I would say however, unless you are looking to visit the Disney Parks or have your own ride, it can become quite costly to use their private limos from place to place as it seems taxi service is only used when arriving at the hotel for the first time or returning to the hotel for the day/evening. It is also quite far from the main town and the airport.

Ultimately, we really, really enjoyed our stay at the Waldorf Astoria in Orlando and would gladly recommend it to anyone. Can't wait to return one day!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are ecstatic to hear you had such a memorable time during your stay! We hope to host you as our guest again soon!
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

stayed here with family during the xmas break, one of the busiest times of the year for Disney. we stayed in a double bed room. it was really nice inside. the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was nice, updated, and spacious, and the room had a great view of disney and epcot.

we ate at the breakfast buffet downstairs, and the buffet was awesome. plus it was free since my bro-in-law booked it through AMEX, he got vouchers for resort credit, which we used towards golf and breakfast.

the pool area is very nice as they have a campfire area that stays lit all day/night for romantic moments. the golf course is really nice and has a nice blend of landscape and course difficulty (water hazards, link hills, sand bunkers).

now the downside to this place. we rented cars since we went to universal and had dinner reservations every night off disney property during our stay, meaning we could not rely on the shuttles to get us to the restaurant. i have stayed at many hotels including those in busy cities (Paris, NYC, DC, Seattle, Vancouver, LA) where we had to valet park at the hotel and understandably there were a few delays due to lack of parking, merging with street traffic, or the fact that hotels are in downtown, and they have to loop around due to one-way streets. orlando/lake buena vista has none of these issues, yet the valets at waldorf astoria took on average 20-25 mins just to pull our cars out to the front.

the last day of our stay, we were only going to our room for less than 15 mins, which i informed the valet when we pulled in to keep our cars in the front, and he informed me that if we do not come down in 15 mins he will park our cars. fair enough, so i went up the room and back down in 10 mins. our car is parked already and i have to have it pulled again to the front. i talked to the valet and he gave some BS saying "we are busy and you took 25 mins." there were hardly any other cars pulling in and he was chatting with another valet when i came downstairs.

it's a shame i had to demote this hotel to 3 stars, but their valets are either understaffed, incompetent, unable to handle stress, or they just have a horrible valet system altogether. if you do rent a car, valet is your only option (no self parking). be prepared to wait 20 mins minimum. the valets made us late to every single dinner reservation we had even though we had ample time to get to dinner if we received our car in a reasonable amount of time (less than 10 mins).

Room Tip: choose rooms with a disney view, you get a view of the pool, golf course, and epcot
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. I've notified our food and beverage team about the outstanding breakfast you received and I'm so glad you experienced our great views of the parks. One of the cornerstones of our brand and hotel experience is flawless service, and I assure you that the problems you mentioned with our valet have been addressed accordingly. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue, and we hope you will give our hotel a second chance if you return to the area.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We were here for a business meeting/company Christmas get together. The property was very nice. We had a room that was nice and clean. I loved the Nespresso machine. It was nice not having to go anywhere for a nice cup of coffee. Most of my disappointment came with an experience we had in the lobby bar, Peacock Alley. We had come back from a function and stopped in to have a bottle of Champagne. We asked the bartender for a "by the bottle" list. We were promptly told she only served bottles that were served by the glass. I find that hard to believe. Really? Management doesn't want you to serve a more expensive bottle? She went on to say that "if you want something better, you'll have to go to the restaurant" (Bull and Bear), which we did. That is not Waldorf service. Too bad, my husband travels here at least once a month. I guess I would consider it if I needed a high end hotel without a "theme" on the Disney property. However, I wouldn't go back for any other reason. The service is just not that of a typical Waldorf property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
World class service is something our hotel and our brand strives to offer each and every guest. I'm terribly sorry that the Champagne request was not granted and I'm sharing your experience with the staff to ensure luxury accommodations are consistently offered whenever feasible. We appreciate you and your husband's loyalty to us and hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you the flawless service you deserve.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

What a great experience. Our room was absolutely beautiful it overlooked the pool and all of Disney. We could see the fireworks every night from our room. The staff was so attentive, everone from the valet to the concierge was extremely helpful and courteous. The room was verry big and super comfortable. Every morning we boarded the suttle from the hotel to the Disney Parks it was comforable and very quick. Overall, since I have a young daughter I anticipate many more trips to Disney over the next few years and I will Definitely be staying at the Waldorf Astoria on those visits.

WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are thrilled that you and your family had such an amazing time at our property! We can't wait to host you during your next visit to Orlando!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I personally travel on business trips over 110 nights a year. I traditionally stay in Marriott hotels and have been platinum status for well over 10 years. The only reason I bring this up is to demonstrate my history and loyalty to that brand. I used to think that the Ritz Carlton Hotels, which are part of the Marriott family of brands where the finest hotels on the market. My recent stay at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando completely changed my perspective on which hotel and brand demonstrates the finest level of over the top customer service. The facilities , staff and service at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando established a new benchmark for Exceptionalism in every category that a hotel can be judged. Without a doubt the centerpoint of our trip to Orlando was not all the different theme parks but the hotel that we called home while we were in Orlando.

Room Tip: Suites facing the pool provide and beautiful view of the pool and golf course.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are ecstatic to hear we exceeded your expectations during your stay! We would be honored to host you as our guest again in the future!

Been to Waldorf Astoria Orlando? Share your experiences!