We were fortunate enough to spend a night at the Waldorf Astoria when we landed in Orlando after our flight from Manchester. Being British, we are always somewhat bemused by valet parking, and my husband even more so. We do find it very difficult to give up our car keys to people we've never met, even if that car is a rental one. However, I am pleased to tell you that we did get our car back whenever we wanted it.
When I walked into the 'lobby' of the WA the first thing I noticed was the smell - ohh, just lovely. I am sure my husband noticed other things, but I thought it smelt just lovely - and the grandeur of the reception area is fabulous.
We were very efficiently booked in and allocated our room, which we were extremely pleased with. I have to say I had the best nights' sleep in any hotel, anywhere, in this hotel - it may be because I was tired out but I am quite sure the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
We were just too tired to eat, so we sadly didn't have the opportunity of sampling food or drink at the waldorf, nor did we get a chance to use the pool or any of the other amenities, but they all looked fabulous. The pool and spa areas looked quite wonderful and we were astounded to read that when renting pool cabanas, clients were able to obtain chilled towels. Just having arrived from the frozen north (England) we were flummoxed as to why anyone would want one of these, but we realised the next day it was actually hot during the daytime, and therefore, it was likely that chilled towels would be a wonderful luxury. Not having sampled one, I cannot vote one way or the other. We very much appreciated the hotel opting to waive the 'resort fee' on the basis of our late arrival - not something we had expected or asked for, which made it even more appreciated.
The hotel is somewhat 'out in the sticks' so if you do plan to eat food whilst there, either plan on a long drive or looking through the in-house menus, though to be fair, what we saw of the menus did not seem extortionate.
All in all, I would very much recommend the Waldorf Astoria in Orlando and would not hesitate to stay there again. Lovely.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxuriously nestled less than one mile from Walt Disney World® Resort, Waldorf Astoria Orlando, a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® Hotel, welcomes your family with a wealth of refined and refreshing amenities minutes from Orlando’s greatest attractions. •Complimentary transportation to all Disney® Theme Parks & Downtown Disney®•Luxurious zero-entry pool with private cabanas•Championship golf, fitness center, and Waldorf Astoria Spa® ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Otel, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.