“Another amazing stay, flawless service.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
WINTER RATES FROM $299*!
Ranked #19 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“Another amazing stay, flawless service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Thanks so so much to all the WA staff for another amazing stay. I visited Orlando with my family and I couldn't have been more comfortable and happy. Since the minute I dropped my car at the valet, the bellmen, the front office staff, the management team, friendly.. Happy to help.. One step ahead, always. Beautiful rooms.. It's a real pleasure to visit places like the Waldorf with the people that you love the most. Specially during the holiday season. Congratulations for such an amazing team.

• Stayed December 2012
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so happy our staff made your stay a memorable one! Please come back and see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed here as part of a conference. Could not believe what a value we had for the price. I immediately felt underdressed when I entered the opulent lobby in jeans and a t-shirt. Service was impeccable throughout. Decor was gorgeous. The oversized armchairs in the public spaces are beautiful AND comfortable to boot. No expense was spared on this place. My standard guestroom was huge, and so was the bathroom. Pool area was also nice.

I highly recommend the Waldorf Salad in the bar. Once you have a Waldorf Salad at a Waldorf Astoria, you can never go back to the substandard versions served elsewhere. Also enjoyed eating dinner at the Hilton that is connected to the Waldorf, though I usually had the Waldorf Salad for dinner in the Waldorf's lounge, which also featured a very classy and enjoyable low-key jazz group.

I did not rate the location highly because as a resort, it is secluded. I prefer to stay places that are walkable to other attractions, and I was captive at this hotel. However, there is complimentary shuttle service to the Disney attractions.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations as a Business traveler. Please come back and see us again soon for a Leisure visit!
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Our arrival at 2am went smooth and while I was tired and cranky the staff certainly made check-in comfortable and fast.
The spirit of Christmas in colors of blues and tans in stylish decorations brighten the lobby and the hotel public areas. Well appointed decorations without being obnoxious is how I'd describe the holiday atmosphere. Just what you'd expect from the WA.
The rooms were nicely decorated and comparable to any competitive level product like the Four Seasons and Ritz. The room had comfortable beds, high thread count sheets, a large bathroom, and quality slippers.
The coffee maker has always caused issues on my visits and I'm not sure if I should take blame for forgetting or the WA should take responsibility for lacking better instructions. The on and off switch is simply not an easy find.
Coffee was served downstairs and was complementary for a few hours.
There was a minor issue with the amount of time for the bellman to get to the room on the day of departure. Luggage guy took so long that we took 2 trips to take the bags downstairs. This was mildly frustrating, but worthy of a mention.
This visit was my best at this WA. I will be back.

• Stayed December 2012
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and your feedback has been made aware to our Management team regarding the coffee maker instructions. We hope you will join us again in the future.
bsearched
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Just back from several days at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando. This is my first Waldorf experience and probably my last. I have to compare it to the one time I stayed at the Ritz in Ft Lauderdale. Here are the differences:
1. Apparently the Waldorf does not have any protocol for what to do when a guest pulls up in a taxi. My family and I pulled up in a taxi, we got out of the car and... nothing, zero, nada. Valets were running all over the place, but us? It was like we werent even there. We were not greeted and had to grab our luggage. As we walked towards the front doors, someone finally asked if we needed help with our luggage. We were already walking with it so I said no thank you. They then let me know reception was through the doors on the right.
Okay okay, I am not one of those high maintenance people that need my hands held, but for a 5 star luxury hotel, I do expect a nicer welcome then that. Here is the same exact scenario I had at the Ritz.
I pulled up in a taxi, someone was standing right there to greet us. They didnt ask if I needed help with my luggage, they introduced themselves, asked my name, grabbed the luggage from the taxi and walked me into the reception area. There was a person in line in front of me. They stayed with me the whole time talking to me about the hotel. When it was my turn, they introduced me to the person behind the counter and professionally handed me off. When checkin was done, they handed me off to a bellhop that took us to our room. He showed us how to use the a/c and told us all about the hotel. At no time did it appear anyone expected a tip (though I did tip everyone). THAT was the reception I was expecting from the Waldorf.
2. This part pretty much killed it for me. I was already feeling ignored, but then getting nickel and dimed didnt help. I booked the Waldorf before the $25/day resort fee. The resort fee included internet and a few other things. I think the fitness center was free anyway, but I am really not sure. In any case, I called corporate asking if I will need to pay the fee since I agreed on the rate and reserved the room before the fee was implemented. They told me no and put a message in my reservation to "waive the resort fee." I feel most people would agree, "waive the resort fee" means, I still get what the fee would normally include, but the fee is being waived (not the benefits). At least that was my understanding when I contacted corporate.
So I already do not feel welcomed and now the receptionist tells me the resort fee is waived, however everything is ala'cart. I want to use the fitness center, $10/day. Internet $15/day, etc...
I couldnt believe it, but it really set the tone for the rest of my stay. I thought it was very unfair, felt "bait and switched" and could not believe they would even consider losing a customer (plus the bad PR) for $25/day.
Again, it could have been a bad week or something, others apparently had a great time at this hotel and it is a beautiful hotel, but for me, I am not planning to return again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. One of the cornerstones of the Waldorf Astoria experience brand-wide is unparalleled service and I assure you that the problems you mentioned with valet have been addressed accordingly. I'm also disappointed to hear about the misunderstanding while attempting to use our signature amenities. We appreciate you alerting us to these issues. I apologize for any inconvenience and hope you will come back for an improved experience.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Luxury was the subject in this hotel.
Location : inside disneyland with free shuttles from the hotel front door to all 4 theme parks and DownTown Disney ..shuttle is excellent and is almost every hour. Dont forget to have and check time table for exact times.
Staff were Excellent and friendly.
I booked the Superior King Room. It was very spacious, bathroom was Huge with above average amenities (Salvatore Ferragamo). Coffee machine with daily supply is an advantage.

Highly Recommended .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are so happy your loved your visit with us! Please come back and see us again soon!
Apopka, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Gorgeous hotel, staff are exceptionally nice and friendly, rooms are beautifully appointed, food is exquisite, pool area is great for both families and couples. Ten stars!! ... our FAVORITE hotel!
My husband and I have stayed at this hotel twice; once before our daughter was born for our birthdays and once after for our anniversary. As a single couple we stayed during the Easter holiday and dined at the Bull & Bear; one of the best meals we've ever had! Our room had a view of the evening fireworks and was very comfortable and quiet. After our daughter was born we stayed as a family in October and again had a view of the evening fireworks. The in-room dining was remarkable and out of this world! We love that the room has a nearly full kitchen and dining area. Our daughter loved sleeping on the sofa bed, which their staff made up for her and even added her stuffed animals to make her feel at home. Their service and staff are amazing and treat you like royalty. We visited the Hilton's pool & lazy river next door and experienced great service there, as well. We highly recommend this hotel and will return again!

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room with a view of the evening fireworks!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are ecstatic that you had such a wonderful time at our property! We hope you come back and see us again soon!
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My husband surprised me with a Disney trip for the holidays and we enjoyed a brief yet memorable stay at the Waldorf. Having stayed at the original a few times in NYC, we had high expectations and the Orlando property did not disappoint. The valets offered warm greetings and the front desk gentleman was very attentive, walking us to the elevator explaining the property. Loved the piano playing in the lobby! The 2-queen bed room was very comfortable and spacious with amazing views of the pool. The bathroom was huge with a separate tub and glass shower. Turndown service was a nice touch with chocolates, bathrobes and slippers with a very nice note from our room attendant. We ate in the Hilton because we were traveling with our 3 yr old and were looking for a more casual dining experience. For convenience, we decided to drive ourselves to and from the park. The pools looked amazing but didn't get to take a swim because of the cold snap. Loved the fire pits and woud definitely bring smores fixings for the next visit. The only negative, and I hate even mentioning it because it was such a positive experience, there is no breakfast included or a reduced price breakfast option for Diamond members. The hotel does provide internet with resort fee and 2 free drink coupons. The hotel was near occupancy because of the holiday but the service was top notch! Thank you Waldorf for the holiday memories. We will be staying here again when we return to Disney next year.

Room Tip: Pool view and high floor to see fireworks
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your Holiday with us! We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Waldorf Astoria Orlando? Share your experiences!